Search
Like Tree12Likes

CRC WTF1 FC16 Front End Assembly Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
On the kingpin, those shims can be used to adjust ride height, droop and spring preload. With the battery in the rear of the car and with the kit .45mm springs, both spacers go between the knuckle and the lower arm. With the battery full forward I move one shim to between the spring end and the eclip to raise the front end ride height. Fine tuning can be done by adjusting the length of the kingpin. Be sure to start with them the same length from the knuckle.

Those white shims are for roll center adjustment only.
Use the included ride height shims for ride height. Use the kingpin length for droop and spring tension.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purplerain

Those white shims are for roll center adjustment only.
Use the included ride height shims for ride height. Use the kingpin length for droop and spring tension.
The problem with this is that being a sliding kingpin front end, you're changing the roll center when you shim the lower bulkhead up and down. You're changing the camber gain when you move the kingpin spacers, along with roll center.

Either way is probably not the end of the world.

old_dude knows his way around the car, or at least he did in 2017, lol
Old 08-08-2019, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am still hanging in there ROBK and I am closer to 70 than 65. LOL
On the CRC and using their spring, there is a lot of shim room to work with on the kingpin. The biggest issue is getting the ride height right and then the droop. It is that balance between the axle and the chassis bottom. Then the droop by shimming between the knuckle and the lower pivot. The CRC adjusts roll center with included shims (1 and 2 mm) that go between the lower center block and the upper block. They also have a optional shim kit to fine tune ride height that goes between the lower block and the chassis. That has a limit because of lower block key engagement with the chassis. After all it does use the Tamiya standard front end mounting.
robk likes this.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not sure I mentioned it before, but I am totally new to F1 racing I been racing dirt oval with Custom Works sprints and late models for years, and indoor off road for the last few years. I know a lot of these questions I am asking has probably been ask time and time again, I really appreciate the feed back to my questions from you guys.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

By the way there is already a topic for this car... It could be more helpful to continue the discussion there, no?
Old 08-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

you would be correct sir sorry for asking in this thread.