Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
hmm i wonder how many of these will be allowed
Tamiya TT-02 oil-filled gear differential - Red RC - RC Car News
Don't get people fired up lol You know this won't be allowed or at least shouldn't
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh geeze, can you imagine the teardown to find that diff? I don't think I've ever had my diffs checked...
Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Oh geeze, can you imagine the teardown to find that diff? I don't think I've ever had my diffs checked...

bunch of plastic arms hanging and popping out all over the table lol
Marcos.J and anthonyscardina like this.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Does anyone know if it is a direct fit?
1. Probably
2. It is not legal (hop ups not allowed)
3. If hop ups allowed still not legal since it’s labeled as a hop up for a TT-02 not for a TT-01

Old 03-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've got to get me one of these. I like cheap racing.
Is there a good turnout at TQ?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scionara05
hey Pete hopefully see u soon it's been a while since I seen u and Ali at a track. Rccw runs these weekly with tcs rules.
hey bro , how are you. All good up here in New York . Ali is back in Turkey 🇹🇷. He did visit a while back but he lived there now. Nice to hear you running down at RCCW , haven’t been there in a while. Hope to see ya soon. Be well and good luck 👍
Scionara05 likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah--this is SUPPOSED to be a SPEC class!!! I GIVE UP!! I raced a few months back with a nice bunch of guys. The first heat--I was PLENTY competitive with my BOX STOCK TRUCK!! Then--in the second heat--some guys added oil to their diffs---and played with their shocks. I was farther back in the pack. IN the final and third heat--3 of these "players" just BLEW the field away---obviously--the "BOX STOCK" thing did NOT work for them!! SO--the class SUCKS again. Sad that this had to happen---even when the rules STATE---NO CHANGES other than installing bearings!! So--I won't run the class again--because again the fun has been taken out of it!
Old 03-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yeh that sucks man.
Spec classes breed cheaters, nature of the beast and then you feel you wanna keep up or get out.
UF1 series is gonna go another step and add Euro trucks!
Yep and have bone stock trucks and supertrucks with all the upgrades you want, real shocks, brushless motors etc.
Bone stock is just that and as I mentioned before, everyone drops a motor in the bag and then pulls one back out, each round.
I'm really likin that idea.
Tim Neja likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question, does your track say box stock, or does it use the Tamiya rules?

I ask because there is a difference...
Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Yeah--this is SUPPOSED to be a SPEC class!!! I GIVE UP!! I raced a few months back with a nice bunch of guys. The first heat--I was PLENTY competitive with my BOX STOCK TRUCK!! Then--in the second heat--some guys added oil to their diffs---and played with their shocks. I was farther back in the pack. IN the final and third heat--3 of these "players" just BLEW the field away---obviously--the "BOX STOCK" thing did NOT work for them!! SO--the class SUCKS again. Sad that this had to happen---even when the rules STATE---NO CHANGES other than installing bearings!! So--I won't run the class again--because again the fun has been taken out of it!
there might be nothing wrong with what they did. Ask anyone who runs this class and all will tell u that they have some grease or lube on the shocks and some kind of grease or diff oil in the front and rear diffs. If they are doing more than that call them out on it. Me personally I run the grey away grease on my shocks and light grease mixed with 1mil diff oil in front and my truck is right there with the front runners.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
This one response sums up with onroad isnt growing. Everyone wants a trophy, or to be competitive for no work... Not everyone is good at every thing, however anyone can become good at a lot of tasks. Rc is one of those things, typically a little work pays a lot.

Per the rules you can glue side walls, add any oil/grease to the shocks/diffs, and the only upgrade is bearings. This is by far the most "true" spec class in onroad racing.

I personally love this class, I only worked on the truck the first time i got it, (Had to glue the sidewalls). Last weekend I did add some grease to my rear diff because it started to break in. Otherwise it goes into the box and comes out for 1 practice run and the heats. I don't need to hard cycle the pack or buy a new one every event. No need to buy a motor(unless yours is a turd, ive only seen one of those). A little traction compound and go wheel it, that is spec racing.

THE BEST DRIVERS WILL ALWAYS BE FASTER, something the OP didnt take into consideration. Quit blaming xyz, at the end of the day the only one to blame is the wheel man. Want to be a better driver go practice, and talk to the fast guys about driving better.

Especially because this is a spec class, small mistakes become very large.
dway100, f1larry, Nerobro and 3 others like this.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

To piggyback off what Captain has stated, practice is key more than anything. I would not expect my Son, who used to race 2wd 1:8 Pan Brushless and was quite good at it to just jump in on a Euro Truck race and do well. You still need to learn to run the car and again, with the limited options as far as lubricants, gluing etc. get a feel for how those affect the vehicle. Prime example we had a driver that started in 1:10 TC, he did not do well at first, but you know what, I saw that guy at the track almost every open practice day running his car and now over a year, he has become a regular front runner.

But all that aside, I think that once people get disheartened and no longer content with having fun in the Spec Classes, its best they just step back and try again. I would def give the class a try, just because if it brings more people to the track, awesome, not to mention more wheel time at the track for me is always a bonus, and I am not Spring Chick'n!

I like FNCudas idea about pulling motors out of a bag, that is a great idea, and I will try and share that idea with out local track.
thecaptain likes this.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Valid points guys. I Race Hahn time to time.. I have had 2-3 over the last year and a bit. I'm a 17.5 Tc guy buy nature and love the TT01 trucks because it's simple, fun and requires very little up keep.. not to mentioned pretty fast for what it is! I had someone kinda get at me a little awhile back he was a little frustrated. A buddy and my self (another tc guy) went toe to toe for 6 mins and put 4-5 laps on the field. He couldn't understand how we were so quick and I said kindly, look at the lines we are taking and the momentum being carried. My Racing nature from Tc applies to Hahn (clean / tight lines, corner speed, smoothness, don't hit anything) with a slightly different driving style. Later in the day he came up to me and mentioned a couple corners I was singing through that he didn't think was possible with the truck. Few months later he got much quicker with his truck and races it on a reg basis and has fun with it.

I only run the class odd time to have fun with my buddies, once I seen a few kids and new comers mixed in I stopped running it. Unless we do a Hahn enduro Race then my team is in there like a dirty sock lol
People do get very discouraged with Hahn truck within the first few laps on a new to them truck.. Just takes a bit of time to figure out. They aren't anywhere near a level of TC caliber and folks do forget that too so the driving does make that much more of a difference. Like Said above it's the most "SPEC" class we have and truly it is. Just enjoy it and keep burning laps

My trucks..Light Aw grease coating on the diff gears, Lower the body as much as possible, Glue the front side walls all the way up on the front and Drive the heck out of it
XSRCdesign likes this.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey all, don't get Tim wrong, he's not a winer so I'm pretty sure the biggest "cheat" he saw was a motor thing cuz it's out there and guys still have the technology to make em stupid fast and not just talkin breakin em in by water dippin.
We all know bout zappin and all that, it works but it sucks, but again, if it's there who want's to get smoked in the drag race part of the race.
Motor grab bag for the win, not my idea but I'm all for it, can't wait cuz right now my home track has a few fast motors lettin em eat
Old 03-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

We went through this during the Tamiya Eurocup days in F1, with people going above and beyond, to include persons having taken the motors apart to alter the brush profiles to change timing. And let me tell you, they were getting good, from what Tech found. Its sad because those persons take the fun out of the class!

Im all for the grab bag!
F N CUDA, Tim Neja and DaSilva3525 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.