Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Guess it was just a Matter of Time before someone took the idea and started to stray from the original idea of the Euro-Truck Class...
That body design looks awesome! Too bad it doesn't conform to the Euro Truck rules.

Last edited by all4fun; 02-21-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Piz
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JCarr
Piz, were you at the memorial race at Access Hobbies?
yep , as Jack Burton
Old 02-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Piz
yep , as Jack Burton
Ok, man I watched your truck for the last few rounds and was racking my brain trying to figure out what was up with it. I saw another truck having the same problem, but just could not put my finger on it. I heard you talking at the track and you did everything I would have done. Only thing I don't remember you trying was running it without the body to see if it still did the same thing.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If u remember John my truck was doing that with nicks heavy body the one that has all the shoe goo in the front i put the new body on and it straightened up well I did take it outside and scuff up the tires removing all the build up
Old 02-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Jack Burton from big trouble in little China. Lol. I knew that truck looked familiar
Old 02-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Old 02-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Sorry to hear you are still having a hard time with it. I'm glad you opened the diffs up like we talked way back. Cleaning the tires well is important for Box stock truck. Keeping the glue up to par on the tires as well. Many of us can get them to go quick like mentioned above with the VTA comment, driving style has to be different versus our traditional race kits. Keep at and you will get the hang of it
Yea I mean Euro truck times are still about a second off of vta but that's probably cause people are using '18 t4's for vta. Lol. but on the other hand that's saying a lot. You should try to use the 1up friction lube on the shock shafts. Stuff really does work. Or the tamiya friction lube is good too I just like the 1up more.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

So the Euros have run at TCS in NJ a couple weeks ago, A, B and C mains, that's a lot of trucks on carpet.
What's the deal?
Go ok no glue?
I talked to the TCS "power that be" tonite that was at this weekends TCS and said he is not going to allow glue on the tread surface cuz he drove the trucks and did not find it necessary.
Said he could only roll it over if he drove it like a touring car and the trucks were stable enough without the extra glue.
So if you raced this week''s or last week's TCS with a Euro truck, how'd it go for you?
I ask cuz I struggled with mine on our black carpet here at TQ RC Raceway and went right to glueing the tread on my truck just like my Formula 1 car and I can drive it like a touring car.
So since the rule will stand after further review, no glue on tread surface, I've got work to do and tires to buy and start the learning curve if I'm gonna do our carpet TCS race in a couple months.
Also, how bout asphalt?
Our TCS race is here next weekend
How bout some input for tarmac?
Thanks,
'cuda
P.S. I've had my truck only 2 weeks, carpet only so way behind on what's up with these but I am diggin em and willing to learn and go with the flow.
Spec racing is cool
f1larry likes this.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the info CUDA
Old 02-25-2019, 05:25 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Some Euro Truck action from MMR Challenge yesterday.

Qatmix and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
Some Euro Truck action from MMR Challenge yesterday.

https://youtu.be/_DkLwfJ5hA4
That’s a lot of trucks at once. Impressive to get through that first lap clean. Just curious, why add the bumps after the start?
Old 02-25-2019, 05:41 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We have a lot of hardcore race classes. We like to keep Euro truck lighter and a bit more random. 1-10 grided down the back stretch and 11-15 were the 5 truck in the front (including the 2 trucks that bumped from the B main)

At MMR this is the class that gets you laughing on the stand and when watching. Box stock kits plus bearings.. Ca some side walls and go have a blast bouncing around with everyone else.

Note the red and white truck is the same truck that won at Birds.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ran at 180 yesterday for their TCS race, TQ my heat and was about 12th out of 30+ trucks going into the main due to a issue in the second round of heats. I have my sidewalls with a couple coats of glue, I try using the oldest set of tires I have to keep the traction down as much as possible and coming up onto the turns you kinda can learn quickly how hard to push the truck in. You want a smooth as possible slow tuen in entry without turning it like a pan car or TC. Usually I'll hit the brakes hard to help slow it down right before. Slower can be faster is you find that sweet spot right before it tips it will rotate faster. As soon as it starts to tip you will lose time right here. Seen a lot of fast trucks that should have had better lap times.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I also ran at TCS in Maryland yesterday. There are quite a few ETs running on the east coast. I put mine down for the first run with glued sidewalls and immediately traction rolled. I ended up having to glue the first tread to make the truck drivable. Even with the first tread glued, I could still lift the inside wheels in the turns. If the tires were well used and worn out, I don’t think as much glue would have been needed.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I also ran at TCS in Maryland yesterday. There are quite a few ETs running on the east coast. I put mine down for the first run with glued sidewalls and immediately traction rolled. I ended up having to glue the first tread to make the truck drivable. Even with the first tread glued, I could still lift the inside wheels in the turns. If the tires were well used and worn out, I don’t think as much glue would have been needed.
Our quickest semis pick up the inside tires thru most of the turns. Some of them do it due to turning in to hard but others it just seems natural.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.