R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya Euro Truck Class (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970907-tamiya-euro-truck-class.html)

OSherman 03-21-2017 07:42 AM

this is the 'grey area' that I think most racers could/should use to their advantage. lube is important to keeping friction areas working properly. its up to the individual how thick that lube could/should be..

$0.02

vivo quevas 03-21-2017 08:47 AM


Originally Posted by kokoyang (Post 14876318)
Hello,

This question might be in the same thought/s of previous ones. I am also joining the TCS for Euro Truck and am wondering the following:

1) Can I pack the diff with grease/lube to increase/reduce diff action (front vs. rear)?
2) Can I grease the shock?

...or is "box stock" meaning "manual stock" and we have to build the kit EXACTLY as the manual specifies it?

Thank you! =)

Fred from Tamiya said you can't puddy up the diffs. If you try a grease it ooses out on to the out drives and slows the truck down. I run my diffs dry so the truck is fast as possible

lonslo 03-21-2017 08:54 AM

So what battery can we run in this at a tcs race the main rules say any roar approved battery and the euro truck rules say Wolfpack

MD 03-21-2017 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by lonslo (Post 14876429)
So what battery can we run in this at a tcs race the main rules say any roar approved battery and the euro truck rules say Wolfpack

Where did you see that? Thanks.

lonslo 03-21-2017 09:20 AM

On the tamiya tcs rules for 2017 it says any roar approved pack can be used for any tcs class. Then under the euro truck class rules it say a reedy round lipo can be used. So can we use any pack or just the reedy.

sipaboy 03-21-2017 09:39 AM

Reedy and Peak

MD 03-21-2017 09:41 AM


Originally Posted by lonslo (Post 14876455)
On the tamiya tcs rules for 2017 it says any roar approved pack can be used for any tcs class. Then under the euro truck class rules it say a reedy round lipo can be used. So can we use any pack or just the reedy.

I found the rules on the PDF version. Here's the battery rule.

Batteries: Any Reedy Wolf-Pack or Peak Racing Racing Powermax round-case Lipo battery may be used.

My guess is at a local track or regional TCS race I don't think they will be that picky. But, if you go the nationals they probably will. I have used the Peak battery and it's held well for over a year in a box stock M05 class and you can find them at a reasonable price. I don't know about the Reedy battery.

team green 03-21-2017 10:35 AM


Originally Posted by kokoyang (Post 14876318)
Hello,

This question might be in the same thought/s of previous ones. I am also joining the TCS for Euro Truck and am wondering the following:

1) Can I pack the diff with grease/lube to increase/reduce diff action (front vs. rear)?
2) Can I grease the shock?

...or is "box stock" meaning "manual stock" and we have to build the kit EXACTLY as the manual specifies it?

Thank you! =)

Yes you can use any grease or oil to pack your diff. But you can not use putty the diff can not be locked. Also you can grease your shocks.

kokoyang 03-21-2017 02:37 PM

Thank you for all the answers regarding my question about lubing/greasing diffs and/or shocks =)

...now, about tire inserts, (I know this question has been asked...but there wasn't really any definite answers)...so... could we - or could we NOT - use tire inserts?

I'm asking since inserts just lengthen the tire's life...and I would like to save as much as possible =)

...thanks again!

team green 03-21-2017 03:42 PM


Originally Posted by kokoyang (Post 14876787)
Thank you for all the answers regarding my question about lubing/greasing diffs and/or shocks =)

...now, about tire inserts, (I know this question has been asked...but there wasn't really any definite answers)...so... could we - or could we NOT - use tire inserts?

I'm asking since inserts just lengthen the tire's life...and I would like to save as much as possible =)

...thanks again!

No tire inserts or gluing of the sidewalls.

kokoyang 03-21-2017 03:49 PM

Hello,

Thank you again for the response/s on this...got another question:

Can we install a schottky diode on the "stock" motor as we have always done previously (before brushless motors)?

Thanks! =)

MD 03-21-2017 04:06 PM


Originally Posted by kokoyang (Post 14876852)
Hello,

Thank you again for the response/s on this...got another question:

Can we install a schottky diode on the "stock" motor as we have always done previously (before brushless motors)?

Thanks! =)

Some ESC's do not work with the diode. I wouldn't add it.

howardcano 03-21-2017 04:23 PM


Originally Posted by kokoyang (Post 14876852)
Hello,

Thank you again for the response/s on this...got another question:

Can we install a schottky diode on the "stock" motor as we have always done previously (before brushless motors)?

Thanks! =)

DO NOT use a Schottky diode on an ESC that has reverse.

Laguna Bozo 03-21-2017 05:48 PM

Finally, team green has the tire answers for those of that are not Rocket Scientists. Thanks.

bubbaslash 03-27-2017 08:05 PM

We've been running 2wd CORR for a few years. My oldest son thinks these race rigs would be a fun class to get into. 3 weeks ago, 2 guys showed up with the new kit at a local hobby shop that has an ozite road course. The next week, there were 4 entries. The shop owner now stocks the kits and has sold 6 or 7 more. Eurotruck is now an official class at the track. I think this will be fun and cheap:) BTW, it sounds like other parts of the country got a jump on us with this new class. Are they running mod versions anywhere?


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:15 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.