Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree409Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 09-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any servo will do the job. From the very low cost starting at about $15 up over $100.
-do yourself a favor, don't get the cheapest eBay special servo... Go with something from Futaba or Savox.
I am using a Futaba "S3152" it is a $40 servo. Its a digital hi-torque servo, I've been using it for 3 seasons and it works great.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Now....for those who race on black carpet, what you guys use for the shock? The diff are different thing...as long as you are doing some heavier grease front and lighter at rear it will turn. But........what i really want to know is HOW to make the car not bounce? The past TCS national race.....the TQ and the winner, his truck....DOES NOT BOUNCE at all. It drives like a touring car.................my guess, it must be something THICK like the AW grease from Tamiya on those shocks.

What you guys think?
glue the tires to the first treaded line like the pics have been going around is part 1 part 2 is awesome grease on all 4 corners. Really stuff it in there and u will see a huge difference even with the cab over body or the fox body
Old 09-10-2019, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

...a lot is driving style too.
Brake hard for sharp turns, coast around long turns, then accelerate hard on straights and between turns.
My car does not bounce at all and I consistently get 1st w/ it, ...I've handed it over to other drivers and it bounces all over the place. You really have to finesse it (beyond doing the things listed like grease in the shocks).
Old 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scionara05 View Post
glue the tires to the first treaded line like the pics have been going around is part 1 part 2 is awesome grease on all 4 corners. Really stuff it in there and u will see a huge difference even with the cab over body or the fox body
CA the side wall is the 1st thing I did for all car running on black carpet and that will only prevent traction roll.....................to prevent the car hopping (especially the rear)....grease on those friction shocks are the only choice, I am just wondering what are the choices of the grease.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
...a lot is driving style too.
Brake hard for sharp turns, coast around long turns, then accelerate hard on straights and between turns.
My car does not bounce at all and I consistently get 1st w/ it, ...I've handed it over to other drivers and it bounces all over the place. You really have to finesse it (beyond doing the things listed like grease in the shocks).
Thats exactly how I will drive when I see my truck bounce..............however, this guy that TQ the TCS National, his truck is like a touring car, he does not need to slow down or brake, he is a good 1 second faster then the rest of the field per lap. I have been watching his car the whole weekend and his car bounce probably no more then 10 times that weekend. There must be some magic stuff that he put in inside those friction shocks.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Thats exactly how I will drive when I see my truck bounce..............however, this guy that TQ the TCS National, his truck is like a touring car, he does not need to slow down or brake, he is a good 1 second faster then the rest of the field per lap. I have been watching his car the whole weekend and his car bounce probably no more then 10 times that weekend. There must be some magic stuff that he put in inside those friction shocks.
with the euro truck and the type of spring, the only way to eliminate the bounce is your driving style, as been said above. If you are not smooth or miss a line the truck will bounce regardless of what is in the friction shock. If it doesn’t bounce ever then there is some nonlegal voodoo happening.
eR1c likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry View Post

with the euro truck and the type of spring, the only way to eliminate the bounce is your driving style, as been said above. If you are not smooth or miss a line the truck will bounce regardless of what is in the friction shock. If it doesn’t bounce ever then there is some nonlegal voodoo happening.
Also do not snug up the body clips on the front of the truck let the body move around. I was a non- believer of this until I tried it.
eR1c likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

-lol,
I thought I was the only one who did that.
yeah, I leave wiggle room in the front above the body clip too.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

-lol,
I thought I was the only one who did that.
yeah, I leave wiggle room in the front above the body clip too.
That advice has been repeated in this thread at least six times. :-)
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

That advice has been repeated in this thread at least six times. :-)
my bad/sorry ...hard to read through 66 pages ...I usually check in/out on these threads so there is a lot I miss.
However I still never had read that, so just thought it was funny that others do that too.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

my bad/sorry ...hard to read through 66 pages ...I usually check in/out on these threads so there is a lot I miss.
However I still never had read that, so just thought it was funny that others do that too.
No Reason to be Sorry.A very Good question regardless of how many times it Has been asked.
It is true,Keep space between body and front pins.
will keep the bouncing to a Minimum.
Cheers!
Nerobro likes this.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks BmainStar (love that username),
-yeah, I get it though, ...if something has been said a billion times then I come in and repeat it ..LOL.
Lately I haven't been following each post on these boards but mostly checking in for 15mins a day. Work has been super busy so haven't had much time to be online.
I have bee racing a lot though (nearly every weekend) -so that is still good.

Last edited by eR1c; 09-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys,

i want to know where I found setups for this class?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Read the post just prior to yours
(nevermind, -I edited it out).
typhon92 likes this.

Last edited by eR1c; 09-13-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

er1c, if I caught you with the lowered cab, i'd complain loudly. Rules say the shocks have to be as per manual, so right side up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service