Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 03-31-2019, 02:13 PM
  #901  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Jtipsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 1,358
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Fat Fox is part number 58661 available from tower, and horizon.
Jtipsy is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:43 PM
  #902  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,720
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

The kit number is 58661 and the body number is 51613.
MD is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 05:36 AM
  #903  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Dachau, Germany
Posts: 534
Default


Outdoor season is open!
What a blast with just 5 trucks. It was hilarious reachi on a track too big for the trucks and entering a corner side by side with 4 trucks
ZEe_NYC, ebohon, wtcc and 3 others like this.
man1ac is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 07:41 AM
  #904  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Scionara05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South nj
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ran my truck yesterday at RC car world with the cab over against another fox truck. Lap for lap we were almost identical, only tenths of a second different from each other swapping lead and hot lap. With that said I was only being out motored for the simple fact that he had a fresh motor and mine was worn out and tired from about half a season. If you have the cab over setup right it will be able to compete against the fox.my truck wasnt tippy or hoppy and towards the end of the run the fox was tippy.
eR1c and DaSilva3525 like this.
Scionara05 is offline  
Old 04-01-2019, 10:00 PM
  #905  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 72
Default

Originally Posted by Solara
What is the good diff setting for black carpet? Also...what grease to use on the damper....thanks.
I tried clay this weekend on the front diff with 1 drop of 30k. It was the clay racers use for cleaning nitro but I donít have the number/weight. It feels like plato consistency. It seemed very thick and almost felt like a locked diff so I then I added one drop of 30k. compared to 2.5m silicone diff oil the diff clay was lighter plus I added the 1 drop of 30k. I know itís not exact weight number but something you can probably duplicate. Iíve tried lighter diff oils but they leaked out and made a complete mess. I had no leakage with this setup. Rear diff was dry. The truck ran really good on black carpet. I ran TQ and took first, lapped 2nd place.
ebohon is offline  
Old 04-02-2019, 08:25 AM
  #906  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Jtipsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 1,358
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MD
The kit number is 58661 and the body number is 51613.
Thank you almost ordered another kit, horizon shows it at the 58661 but then you read it shows the kit price on check out
Jtipsy is offline  
Old 04-02-2019, 09:24 AM
  #907  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,291
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ebohon

I tried clay this weekend on the front diff with 1 drop of 30k. It was the clay racers use for cleaning nitro but I donít have the number/weight. It feels like plato consistency. It seemed very thick and almost felt like a locked diff so I then I added one drop of 30k. compared to 2.5m silicone diff oil the diff clay was lighter plus I added the 1 drop of 30k. I know itís not exact weight number but something you can probably duplicate. Iíve tried lighter diff oils but they leaked out and made a complete mess. I had no leakage with this setup. Rear diff was dry. The truck ran really good on black carpet. I ran TQ and took first, lapped 2nd place.
Awesome, thanks............I did use the clay first but I don't like how it feel, too stiff and does not rotate the way the diff suppose to. I ended up using the OFNA Diff lock that I used for my Nitro GT and I think that is thick enough and it won't leak, cause it is like GLUE. Really hate working on heavy grease like that because it is sticky everywhere but I guess this is what Racing Truck need to do.............now i just need to spend 4-6 weeks to finish the Buggyra Body....way too many stickers.
Solara is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:43 AM
  #908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Interesting that the cab over design is still competitive w the newer fox body style.
I will probably keep my cab over body until it needs replacing. This class is a "just for fun" class for me and I can spend $50 on new TC tires rather than a new Euro body.
Billy Kelly likes this.
eR1c is offline  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:54 AM
  #909  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
XSRCdesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Spencer Ohio
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eR1c
Interesting that the cab over design is still competitive w the newer fox body style.
I will probably keep my cab over body until it needs replacing. This class is a "just for fun" class for me and I can spend $50 on new TC tires rather than a new Euro body.
I got lapped last weekend by the Cab-over style.

Im run in a fat fox, and qualified 2-4th all day. Ended up finishing 4th in the main, pretty sure 1-2 were the old cab.
eR1c likes this.
XSRCdesign is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:31 PM
  #910  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Glue in

Hey guys grabing one of these to play with.
I have a question what is Glueing the treads mean?
Just started reading the Thread at work during lunch.Im Sure I will Find it tonite as I read more later,
Hopeing for A answer before then.Got to Go Back to work Lol
Thanx In advance.
BmainStar is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 PM
  #911  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (72)
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wauconda, IL.
Posts: 4,092
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey guys grabing one of these to play with.
I have a question what is Glueing the treads mean?
Just started reading the Thread at work during lunch.Im Sure I will Find it tonite as I read more later,
Hopeing for A answer before then.Got to Go Back to work Lol
Thanx In advance.
if interested I may have one to sell. 1 practice, never race. My track closed its pretty much new
TT_Vert is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:46 PM
  #912  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Delaware
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Hey guys grabing one of these to play with.
I have a question what is Glueing the treads mean?
Just started reading the Thread at work during lunch.Im Sure I will Find it tonite as I read more later,
Hopeing for A answer before then.Got to Go Back to work Lol
Thanx In advance.
CA glue on the sidewalls prevents the truck from tipping over on high traction, a new TCS rule allows us to now glue the first outter line of tread allowing us more tuning options and easier droving. If you plan to race outdoors this will most likely not be a factor but if you race crc black carpet then this will be something worth doing. I have a few sets of fronts with no glue to different amounts of glue. Too much glue will cause the truck to push and not want to turn so glue is not always the better option.
Hopscotch is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 10:37 PM
  #913  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
if interested I may have one to sell. 1 practice, never race. My track closed its pretty much new
Hey Thanx for the offer,Got one local for pick up tmmrww.
sux Yr track closed.

Originally Posted by Hopscotch
CA glue on the sidewalls prevents the truck from tipping over on high traction, a new TCS rule allows us to now glue the first outter line of tread allowing us more tuning options and easier droving. If you plan to race outdoors this will most likely not be a factor but if you race crc black carpet then this will be something worth doing. I have a few sets of fronts with no glue to different amounts of glue. Too much glue will cause the truck to push and not want to turn so glue is not always the better option.
Interesting..Thanx for the quick Reply.
I will be just running laps on a parking lot track adjacent to our 1/8 scale off road track.Layout is smale but looks Fun.They had an Euro race a few weeks ago and looked Hella Cool.
Thanx again for the Tips!
........Cheers....
BmainStar is offline  
Old 05-27-2019, 02:22 PM
  #914  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,012
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My friend Gregor (finally) started a video series about this great class. In between the unboxing he shows some great moments of truck racing. Awesome how much fun the people have with these cars

Check it out:

Nerobro likes this.
wtcc is offline  
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM
  #915  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Esc

Got My truck going,dialed in the diffs etc.
truck runs good,the only issue I'm having is I cant get the Esc to recognise the Brakes.
The calibration works for gas but not brake or reverse.Red lite stays blinking after I try to set brakes.I am in brushed mode as well.
Do You guys think it might be the Radio
(old mx3fg or speedo?
thanx.
BmainStar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.