R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya Euro Truck Class (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970907-tamiya-euro-truck-class.html)

Jtipsy 03-31-2019 01:13 PM

Fat Fox is part number 58661 available from tower, and horizon.

MD 03-31-2019 04:43 PM

The kit number is 58661 and the body number is 51613.

man1ac 04-01-2019 04:36 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...682d9fe6f6.jpg
Outdoor season is open!
What a blast with just 5 trucks. It was hilarious reachi on a track too big for the trucks and entering a corner side by side with 4 trucks :D

Scionara05 04-01-2019 06:41 AM

Ran my truck yesterday at RC car world with the cab over against another fox truck. Lap for lap we were almost identical, only tenths of a second different from each other swapping lead and hot lap. With that said I was only being out motored for the simple fact that he had a fresh motor and mine was worn out and tired from about half a season. If you have the cab over setup right it will be able to compete against the fox.my truck wasnt tippy or hoppy and towards the end of the run the fox was tippy.

ebohon 04-01-2019 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Solara (Post 15422356)
What is the good diff setting for black carpet? Also...what grease to use on the damper....thanks.

I tried clay this weekend on the front diff with 1 drop of 30k. It was the clay racers use for cleaning nitro but I donít have the number/weight. It feels like plato consistency. It seemed very thick and almost felt like a locked diff so I then I added one drop of 30k. compared to 2.5m silicone diff oil the diff clay was lighter plus I added the 1 drop of 30k. I know itís not exact weight number but something you can probably duplicate. Iíve tried lighter diff oils but they leaked out and made a complete mess. I had no leakage with this setup. Rear diff was dry. The truck ran really good on black carpet. I ran TQ and took first, lapped 2nd place.

Jtipsy 04-02-2019 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by MD (Post 15423426)
The kit number is 58661 and the body number is 51613.

Thank you almost ordered another kit, horizon shows it at the 58661 but then you read it shows the kit price on check out

Solara 04-02-2019 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by ebohon (Post 15424295)

I tried clay this weekend on the front diff with 1 drop of 30k. It was the clay racers use for cleaning nitro but I donít have the number/weight. It feels like plato consistency. It seemed very thick and almost felt like a locked diff so I then I added one drop of 30k. compared to 2.5m silicone diff oil the diff clay was lighter plus I added the 1 drop of 30k. I know itís not exact weight number but something you can probably duplicate. Iíve tried lighter diff oils but they leaked out and made a complete mess. I had no leakage with this setup. Rear diff was dry. The truck ran really good on black carpet. I ran TQ and took first, lapped 2nd place.

Awesome, thanks............I did use the clay first but I don't like how it feel, too stiff and does not rotate the way the diff suppose to. I ended up using the OFNA Diff lock that I used for my Nitro GT and I think that is thick enough and it won't leak, cause it is like GLUE. Really hate working on heavy grease like that because it is sticky everywhere but I guess this is what Racing Truck need to do.............now i just need to spend 4-6 weeks to finish the Buggyra Body....way too many stickers.

eR1c 04-03-2019 08:43 AM

Interesting that the cab over design is still competitive w the newer fox body style.
I will probably keep my cab over body until it needs replacing. This class is a "just for fun" class for me and I can spend $50 on new TC tires rather than a new Euro body.

XSRCdesign 04-03-2019 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by eR1c (Post 15425194)
Interesting that the cab over design is still competitive w the newer fox body style.
I will probably keep my cab over body until it needs replacing. This class is a "just for fun" class for me and I can spend $50 on new TC tires rather than a new Euro body.

I got lapped last weekend by the Cab-over style.

Im run in a fat fox, and qualified 2-4th all day. Ended up finishing 4th in the main, pretty sure 1-2 were the old cab.

BmainStar 05-24-2019 07:31 PM

Glue in

Hey guys grabing one of these to play with.
I have a question what is Glueing the treads mean?
Just started reading the Thread at work during lunch.Im Sure I will Find it tonite as I read more later,
Hopeing for A answer before then.Got to Go Back to work Lol
Thanx In advance.

TT_Vert 05-24-2019 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by BmainStar (Post 15454891)
Just started reading the Thread at work during lunch.Im Sure I will Find it tonite as I read more later,
Thanx In advance.

if interested I may have one to sell. 1 practice, never race. My track closed :( its pretty much new

Hopscotch 05-24-2019 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by BmainStar (Post 15454891)
Thanx In advance.

CA glue on the sidewalls prevents the truck from tipping over on high traction, a new TCS rule allows us to now glue the first outter line of tread allowing us more tuning options and easier droving. If you plan to race outdoors this will most likely not be a factor but if you race crc black carpet then this will be something worth doing. I have a few sets of fronts with no glue to different amounts of glue. Too much glue will cause the truck to push and not want to turn so glue is not always the better option.

BmainStar 05-24-2019 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TT_Vert (Post 15454894)
if interested I may have one to sell. 1 practice, never race. My track closed :( its pretty much new

Hey Thanx for the offer,Got one local for pick up tmmrww.
sux Yr track closed.

Originally Posted by Hopscotch (Post 15454897)
CA glue on the sidewalls prevents the truck from tipping over on high traction, a new TCS rule allows us to now glue the first outter line of tread allowing us more tuning options and easier droving. If you plan to race outdoors this will most likely not be a factor but if you race crc black carpet then this will be something worth doing. I have a few sets of fronts with no glue to different amounts of glue. Too much glue will cause the truck to push and not want to turn so glue is not always the better option.

Interesting..Thanx for the quick Reply.
I will be just running laps on a parking lot track adjacent to our 1/8 scale off road track.Layout is smale but looks Fun.They had an Euro race a few weeks ago and looked Hella Cool.
Thanx again for the Tips!
........Cheers....