R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya Euro Truck Class (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970907-tamiya-euro-truck-class.html)

jag88 03-24-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jag88 (Post 15419281)
I did a back to back and found the cab over to be easier to drive (less edgy) giving faster lap times.
Black med. grip carpet.
fwiw

The only thing is that I think the 'Fat Fox' body looks so much better ..

mrreet2001 03-24-2019 04:03 PM

One of the top drivers at our track said he noticed a tenth of a second improvement with the fat fox. This is on a track that the top drivers run mid 11s.

Nerobro 03-24-2019 05:31 PM

This weekend, we had a 1/12 mod driver, take a brand new Euro Truck... which he'd essentially never driven before, take my beaten and busted Reinart body into 5th place in the standings. He was then loaned a Bugarya body, and found another 4 tenths.

... It was quite the thing to watch. And he was still running 4 bushings in the transmission. (His truck was built of my spare parts, I didn't have enough bearings to do the diff outputs)

mikel33 03-24-2019 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nerobro (Post 15419439)
This weekend, we had a 1/12 mod driver, take a brand new Euro Truck... which he'd essentially never driven before, take my beaten and busted Reinart body into 5th place in the standings. He was then loaned a Bugarya body, and found another 4 tenths.

... It was quite the thing to watch. And he was still running 4 bushings in the transmission. (His truck was built of my spare parts, I didn't have enough bearings to do the diff outputs)

I called that race, and I have called many a eurotruck race. I have watched too many guys with the new body style go faster with no other change. the body is worth .3 - .4 per lap. period.

Nerobro 03-24-2019 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikel33 (Post 15419567)
I called that race, and I have called many a eurotruck race. I have watched too many guys with the new body style go faster with no other change. the body is worth .3 - .4 per lap. period.

It sure is, so long as someone can drive the darn truck. (AKA, not me..) I do enjoy your calling of races.

IndyRC_Racer 03-25-2019 01:41 PM

I just finished building 2 Tamiya Eurotrucks. I can't wait to paint up the Man cab forward body for me and the "Fat Fox" body for my buddy. We plan on racing them at the TCS race at Access Hobbies in May. I had a lot of fun last time I raced this class at that event with a borrowed truck. There is something about racing something ohter than a standard touring class that always puts a smile on my face.

I have a few questions for 2019 Euro Truck class
- Is it okay to use a motor cooling fan? If so, where are people mounting them?
- Is it to move the shocks to the outside location or must they remain on the inside mounting position?
- Is it okay to use Tamiya AW grease on the shocks and/or diffs?

Nerobro 03-25-2019 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer (Post 15419989)
I just finished building 2 Tamiya Eurotrucks. I can't wait to paint up the Man cab forward body for me and the "Fat Fox" body for my buddy. We plan on racing them at the TCS race at Access Hobbies in May. I had a lot of fun last time I raced this class at that event with a borrowed truck. There is something about racing something ohter than a standard touring class that always puts a smile on my face.

I have a few questions for 2019 Euro Truck class
- Is it okay to use a motor cooling fan? If so, where are people mounting them?
- Is it to move the shocks to the outside location or must they remain on the inside mounting position?
- Is it okay to use Tamiya AW grease on the shocks and/or diffs?

Ooof. The Fat Fox body is materially faster than the MAN truck.

No, no fan.

I've seen, and people didnt' get called on, moving the shocks to the outside mounting points. They also need to be "right side up".

Yes, you can use any lube you want on the truck. I use 1million in the front diff, 200k in the rear diff, and a little bit of 40k on the shocks...

Race19s 03-26-2019 10:36 AM

Does RCTech not allow video links?

ebohon 03-27-2019 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nerobro (Post 15420010)
Ooof. The Fat Fox body is materially faster than the MAN truck.

No, no fan.

I've seen, and people didnt' get called on, moving the shocks to the outside mounting points. They also need to be "right side up".

Yes, you can use any lube you want on the truck. I use 1million in the front diff, 200k in the rear diff, and a little bit of 40k on the shocks...

Have you tried putty or clay? Someone at my local track recommended it because they heard others use it and seems to work. I tried 30k on the diffs and it made a huge mess. 1m would obviously be thicker but does it leak out?

Nerobro 03-28-2019 07:07 AM

Some people use clay or putty. I haven't. It's been more than a year, and I'm only now considering refreshing the 1m in my front diff. "it does leak" but boy is it slow.

Solara 03-29-2019 12:16 PM

What is the good diff setting for black carpet? Also...what grease to use on the damper....thanks.

vivo quevas 03-29-2019 12:24 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...f52b208f9e.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...bf1b0d563d.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...2ecf21bc7e.jpg
Here's a Fat Fox i painted for a friend.

Snick2011 03-30-2019 07:43 AM

Going to be racing one of these on a concrete parking lot. Only prep will be to blow off the track. Any advice on diff setup? We can use tire sauce. Any suggestions there?

1/8 IC Fan 03-30-2019 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Race19s (Post 15420496)

not to FB. Youtube sure.

Billy Kelly 03-30-2019 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Race19s (Post 15420496)

FB videos are hit or miss. No problem to YouTube