R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya Euro Truck Class (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970907-tamiya-euro-truck-class.html)

Jamie Hanson 02-27-2019 06:28 AM

It does seem to vary from track to track. Last year in Ohio we only had to glue the sidewalls. At 180, we do glue up onto the first tread. Some might glue the whole first tread while other only just a small portion of it. When the tires are new they seem to need more glue than if they had been worn down a lot from summer asphalt racing.
I have run into people who bought a truck to start racing RC for fun. That is what the class is supposed to be about. When they start taking laps and flipping immediately they get discourage and are already set to give up. After adding glue to the tires they can get around the track and actually enjoy themselves.

F N CUDA 02-27-2019 08:22 AM

Thanks man, that's all we're asking for.
We ain't gonna abuse it, just want our trucks to work when the grip is hi.

dway100 02-27-2019 08:50 AM

Are you guys gluing the tread on just the fronts, or are you doing the rears too?

Jamie Hanson 02-27-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by dway100 (Post 15404044)
Are you guys gluing the tread on just the fronts, or are you doing the rears too?

In most instances this is a no. I do glue rear sidewalls at times but typically only half way up the side.

crazykoolrn 03-01-2019 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by redmonster27 (Post 15398973)
My truck handles great with both bodies I have 20million in the front diff and 10k in the rear front side walls glue all the way up. But not on the tread and I've done a few other things that are all with in the tamiya rules I haven't modified anything and I haven't added any weight I did put some of the kit grease that comes in the tube on the shock shafts to make dampening more consistent other then that it's box stock and is fast with no tipping but I don't sauce the tires and only clean them when it starts to get bouncy and I take it out and run it in the parking lot to get the build up off. Truck drives good. Hope that helps

Now I know your secrets, watch out!

redmonster27 03-01-2019 03:45 AM

Your welcome! Lol

ammdrew 03-01-2019 09:45 AM

F N CUDA 03-01-2019 10:19 AM

Got glue? ;)
NIce gathering of the COE club

Marcos.J 03-13-2019 04:37 AM

hmm i wonder how many of these will be allowed
Tamiya TT-02 oil-filled gear differential - Red RC - RC Car News

thecaptain 03-13-2019 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15412979)

Ive got my euro truck diff to not leak and let me tell you the difference is huge!!! However i just filled it with the right oil...

Johnn27 03-13-2019 05:36 AM

Oil Diff

Does anyone know if it is a direct fit?

Scionara05 03-13-2019 06:32 AM

I can see it being illegal for the simple fact it's not in the box1 and 2 it's a hop up the only hop up allowed is bearings. I can see this opening a whole new bag of worms like the tire glue gate did

peter george 03-13-2019 07:03 AM

Omg itís a box stock class - bearings allowed only . But Iím sure people are gonna try to cheat especially at places that they donít really tech the trucks. Itís getting too complicated already , my truck is built but I havenít raced it yet . Planning on running soon , just hope people donít mess with class. Is it really worth cheating when you are running in a box stock class ? If track changes rules thatís fine otherwise let it be .

Scionara05 03-13-2019 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by peter george (Post 15413062)
Omg itís a box stock class - bearings allowed only . But Iím sure people are gonna try to cheat especially at places that they donít really tech the trucks. Itís getting too complicated already , my truck is built but I havenít raced it yet . Planning on running soon , just hope people donít mess with class. Is it really worth cheating when you are running in a box stock class ? If track changes rules thatís fine otherwise let it be .

hey Pete hopefully see u soon it's been a while since I seen u and Ali at a track. Rccw runs these weekly with tcs rules.

F N CUDA 03-13-2019 09:07 AM

we will have a "show up to race, drop your motor in the bag, grab a motor from the bag, no peeking, race, repeat" class.
Fred, you down?