Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 02-25-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ö.

Last edited by jag88; 02-25-2019 at 03:17 PM. Reason: found my answer in a search
Old 02-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I also ran at TCS in Maryland yesterday. There are quite a few ETs running on the east coast. I put mine down for the first run with glued sidewalls and immediately traction rolled. I ended up having to glue the first tread to make the truck drivable. Even with the first tread glued, I could still lift the inside wheels in the turns. If the tires were well used and worn out, I donít think as much glue would have been needed.
That truck was a rocket throughout the amain! Congrats on the win and nice color choice too.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
I also ran at TCS in Maryland yesterday. There are quite a few ETs running on the east coast. I put mine down for the first run with glued sidewalls and immediately traction rolled. I ended up having to glue the first tread to make the truck drivable. Even with the first tread glued, I could still lift the inside wheels in the turns. If the tires were well used and worn out, I donít think as much glue would have been needed.
Originally Posted by Hopscotch
That truck was a rocket throughout the amain! Congrats on the win and nice color choice too.
So the win was with a truck that had glue on the treads?
It made it thru TCS tech like that?
Fred must have made his decision to stand by the original TCS rules and not allow glue on the tread/horizontal surface after racing was over?
I'm kinda bummed, my truck is junk without glue on tread on black carpet and dialed with glue but as I posted, Fred said the trucks he drove there did not need glue and were dialed without but could not drive it like a touring car or they would flip.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

180 black carpet has a super high grip. It was a track specific decision not to tech the glue. Jamieís Truck was terrific to say the least. Jamie & I travel last year to Ohio with a group from Maryland all of us finished in the top six there with glue only on the side walls. The Ohio black carpet surface had way less grip.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

I'm still confused, Fred said the trucks he drove there were dialed without glue therefore he made his decision to not allow glue and stick with the OG rules..
Our trucks will not run on our black carpet here in So Cal either without the tread glued and we have a TCS coming up in a couple months.
Maybe he'll stop by and check it out soon, after all he's a local here.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

The Maryland guys trucks were dialed last year at access hobbies in Ohio there trucks handled better then most touring cars not sure what they did to them but they for sure had them dialed maybe thell share some secrets cause from what I was told from Flores and Hanson don't add up to what I seen last year that's for sure. They got the Euro truck game on lock be afraid very afraid lol !
crazykoolrn likes this.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

We're gonna keep gluing the tread too.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I actually didn't know 180 was allowing the tread to be glued.. if I would have known then I probably would have been a soild amain truck, my own fault for not creeping on what the fasters guys were doing. 180 does have a ton of grip and the weekly trucks there are no joke. Still had the most fun racing this last TCS there then I've had racing in quite a while.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redmonster27
The Maryland guys trucks were dialed last year at access hobbies in Ohio there trucks handled better then most touring cars not sure what they did to them but they for sure had them dialed maybe thell share some secrets cause from what I was told from Flores and Hanson don't add up to what I seen last year that's for sure. They got the Euro truck game on lock be afraid very afraid lol !
Thank for the complements Red Monster 27 from the Maryland team LOL. Jamie, Ray, & Manny are all absolutely tremendous at building cars! And when they are on the same team it even gets better. Donít believe Manny ran euro truck at the past race in Ohio because he would been in the top three instead of my self. Speed secrets? They have been racing for decades & have great skills for sure. Really canít tell you a whole lot because Iím just a driver. Three things that will help definitelyÖ. would be sure the truck has a very free drive train, grease the shocks, & donít wrench hard on those set of screws above the motor.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chef88
Thank for the complements Red Monster 27 from the Maryland team LOL. Jamie, Ray, & Manny are all absolutely tremendous at building cars! And when they are on the same team it even gets better. Don’t believe Manny ran euro truck at the past race in Ohio because he would been in the top three instead of my self. Speed secrets? They have been racing for decades & have great skills for sure. Really can’t tell you a whole lot because I’m just a driver. Three things that will help definitely…. would be sure the truck has a very free drive train, grease the shocks, & don’t wrench hard on those set of screws above the motor.
Over the years Jamie has always helped me with any setup question I've had and I'm sure if you send him a message he will share his setup on his semi. That's just the way his dad brought him up is to help his fellow racer.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah I've talked with Hanson and Manny there for sure better drivers no question and my truck is much better after talking with them but just isn't close to where there's was last year. Might just be driving style I guess
hobbyten likes this.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

what's their take on the tread glue issue?
see post #824
Old 02-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

There saying there glueing the first tread he stated that a few posts back I don't have my tread glued and it handles great unless I let the carpet poop (LOL) build up on the outside I scuff my tires in the parking lol (smooth concrete) after everyother run. Seems to keep the bouncing and tipping away
Old 02-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redmonster27
Yeah I've talked with Hanson and Manny there for sure better drivers no question and my truck is much better after talking with them but just isn't close to where there's was last year. Might just be driving style I guess
I donít have any idea what your driving skill is. My advice would have someone drive your truck that has more skill than you. I remember driving a touring car years ago and kept getting 9.0 laps time after time why most of the other races were in the high eights. I just for the life of me could not get a lap time under nine seconds. I handed my car over to a fellow racer that had more skill than me and within three laps he was doing 8.8 and 8.7 with my car!. It was a rude awakening for sure. There have been other times when it was my car but at least when you have someone else drive your car youíll know which one it is. You are absolutely right about driving styles they are infinite the challenge is to find the one thatís right for you.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chef88

. You are absolutely right about driving styles they are infinite the challenge is to find the one thatís right for you.
And once you find (or accept) your driving style, make the car do what you tell it too
I have a Tamiya F1 car that killed it at Tamiya USA year after year and I had beaten many drivers much better than me.
That was all about the car, monkey car they called it.
A monkey could drive it lol
Kickin a dead horse, I can drive my Euro truck like a touring car with the tread glued.
Won't drive it without, not worth the aggravation, too old to change driving style and why should I?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.