Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Part of the trick is keeping the “black carpet” buildup from happening in addition to how you take the corner. It is not slower having to adjust your apex..it’s simply what is required to not roll the truck. It’s no different than having to drive a mini different than a sedan...no need to glue onto the tread surface in my opinion. I hope they don’t allow it. Not trying to step on any toes...just my opinion. As soon as you start allowing these things it starts getting away from what the class was intended for...not necessarily needing a “dialed truck”...simply having a fun class that’s a blast to drive and having to control yourself as to not push too hard and keep it within its limits .again my opinion only.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If glue is allowed and having it also on the tread surface helps it to be driveable what's the difference?
Same for everyone.
If they flip over without glue on the tread and they're only going 15mph who's gonna want to race em?
Mine will not get around the track with glue on sidewall only
That's my opinion and it has already been expressed by others as well, on this forum and at our tracks here, carpet and asphalt.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

First the rules call for it not being allowed. People have worked on their trucks and figured it out within the existing rules. Now folks that don’t want to do the work or adjust their driving discipline get a freebie without the work because a few people haven’t or couldn’t find a solution within the existing rules. Kind of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. There was a similar uproar when people couldn’t figure out how to not have the truck bounce in the corners...and they figured it out without making rule exceptions. Again...just my opinion...not fussin lol.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
There was a similar uproar when people couldnít figure out how to not have the truck bounce in the corners...and they figured it out without making rule exceptions.
Did they? I don't think they did.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Do a search in this thread for “bouncing”....lots and lots of talk early on how “that’s just how they drive...and they all do it...there isn’t anything you can do about it” There absolutely was a ton of people frustrated with the bouncing and it was a simple cure within the rules. Again I’m not trying to be a party pooper...it’s just sometimes people have to just get more track/setup time with these trucks. They’ll find they don’t need a “rule adjustment”.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First the rules call for it not being allowed. People have worked on their trucks and figured it out within the existing rules. Now folks that donít want to do the work or adjust their driving discipline get a freebie without the work because a few people havenít or couldnít find a solution within the existing rules. Kind of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. There was a similar uproar when people couldnít figure out how to not have the truck bounce in the corners...and they figured it out without making rule exceptions. Again...just my opinion...not fussin lol.
Locally, we're hoping these trucks will be a mechanism to cultivate new racers. Our take on this class is that it should be cheap, easy and fun. With respect to running on black carpet, allowing glue on the horizontal surface of the tires (typically the front) is an easy way to get the truck handling well enough that a new driver can start spinning laps.

Fewer and fewer people have the patience, these days, to take up a challenge like this hobby. This class can provide a better Work/Fun ratio for those just taking up the hobby or wishing to pursue it in a more casual manor. We have plenty of other, more competitive, classes for the racer that wishes to be rewarded for the time they invest in setup, etc.

Just a thought...
F N CUDA and Scionara05 like this.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Unhappy

Originally Posted by sps3172

Fewer and fewer people have the patience, these days, to take up a challenge like this hobby.
Unfortunately I think your right...and sadly the majority are fair weather racers that jump from hobby to hobby. Itís all about easy...not just in RC
Old 02-16-2019, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Do a search in this thread for ďbouncingĒ... There absolutely was a ton of people frustrated with the bouncing and it was a simple cure within the rules.
I've been here since day 1. What solution are you talking about.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Front body clips up one extra hole to allow the body to bounce itself and less the car. Also install a red o-ring on each body mount to give her some cushion.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sps3172
Locally, we're hoping these trucks will be a mechanism to cultivate new racers. Our take on this class is that it should be cheap, easy and fun. With respect to running on black carpet, allowing glue on the horizontal surface of the tires (typically the front) is an easy way to get the truck handling well enough that a new driver can start spinning laps.

Fewer and fewer people have the patience, these days, to take up a challenge like this hobby. This class can provide a better Work/Fun ratio for those just taking up the hobby or wishing to pursue it in a more casual manor. We have plenty of other, more competitive, classes for the racer that wishes to be rewarded for the time they invest in setup, etc.

Just a thought...
Right said
Originally Posted by Nerobro
It's glue on the tread sssshhhhh.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

I've been looking to see if I can find out what these trucks have been doing in regards to tire gluing at the larger races as well as at TCS races lately and in the past.
I have a couple friends that raced the last IIC race, can see the video on liverc.com, pretty cool 15 truck triple A mains.
They did have handout slow brushless motors there tho
Saw them both last night while racing offroad (not with euro trucks ) and they both have front tires glued on the tread.
Curious what the Snowbirds allowed this year, both body styles were competitive, Fat Fox body did not win but was in the hunt.
Would love to hear what they were running, glue, diffs, shocks greased?
How bout recent TCS races?
Old 02-16-2019, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dane
Front body clips up one extra hole to allow the body to bounce itself and less the car. Also install a red o-ring on each body mount to give her some cushion.
I wanna hear it from Core Creations.

The o-ring isn't in the manual. ;-) Also slop with the body mounting isn't the cure all. Mind, I'm not having trouble with my truck. I know some others do and are. (having trouble with their trucks)
G the Menace likes this.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Again...people need to do the work. The bouncing was a combination of things but an easy fix when you look at what the truck is doing. But if people just want to throw it together slap it down on the track and race...I guess that’s their choice. I choose to do my best at making my cars whatever the class smooth and consistent. That process has served me well through the years especially in TCS racing.

Last edited by Core Creations; 02-17-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Again...people need to do the work. The bouncing was a combination of things but an easy fix when you look at what the truck is doing. But if people just want to throw it together slap it down on the track and race...I guess thatís their choice. I choose to do my best at making my cars whatever the class smooth and consistent. That process has served me well through the years especially in TCS racing.
What's that magic solution? You're doing exactly what pushes people away from this sport. "Hey, the solution is obvious" but.. won't say what that obvious solution is. And seem to expect everyone to magically know that solution. "Just watch what the truck is doing" is utter crap. I have a good eye, I can identify what a chassis is doing, ~fixing~ what a chassis is doing, is a completely different skillset. Fixing it without actually changing anything on the chassis is black magic. And when the rules say you can't change anything? Well now you've just made a new driver (Or in at least one case an experienced driver... a fast one..) drop the sport.

So, what's that magic solution Core Creations?
Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Lol ok bud. Glue the treads..you guys win

Looking forward to racing at Windy City in March..looks like a great track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.