Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree291Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Love the front of the new body and hate the back end.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I agree with u hobbyten I think they made the body like this so it won't hold up like the cab overs did. There for selling more replacement body's.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as I know this body is not for sale by itself, you have to by the truck or you did have to buy the truck. Clearly this was a way to push their euro truck kits and not just the body because me and many others spent the money on the kit just to have spare parts, tires, electronics and a new shell to try. Kinda smart on their end. Plus the old kits that won't sell are the winning kits at the TCS for classes like F1.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

It will be available in about a month. This is just my opinion. I wish they would of made the back end like the flat nose.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbyten View Post
It will be available in about a month. This is just my opinion. I wish they would of made the back end like the flat nose.
Then it wouldn't be scale. Then it also would be harder to pull the mold.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 366 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
That said, if you bought a euro truck set.... There is no way it came without the full TT01e parts... How did you aquire this set?
got it from a buddy who bought it as a package deal with the body . He got it from a guy on eBay. The manual was for the tto1 Citroen xara . No problem We ordered all the parts to convert it. I noticed the front steering knuckles are different as well. And the material used on diffs is white plastic not the tto1E black ones. Sometimes people say :Ē itís the same car, no problem ď we just wanted to get into that class cause itís so much fun.
Johnn27 likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone gotten a Bitty Designs body done up yet. I ordered 2 one as practice body one for larger races. Shows to be here late next week.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cpal View Post
I won GT-2 and Euro truck
How bout some setup tips from the winner for a fresh Euro truck headin to the black carpet
Old 02-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Glue front tires all the way up to the flat running surface of the tire, add gobs of Tamiya AW grease to front shocks, leave some gap when placing front body clips on. Also, I added 2 million CST oil to front diff and 6k to rear diff. Result: pulled nicely through turns with minimal bouncing and no traction rolling.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

All that grease going on the track is not good.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The AW doesn't leak out, it has a texture of half way dried glue. I've built euro trucks for people and use it all the time with no issues. I run my diffs open but different people like different feelings, I just feel like it's a resistance even though it helps you rotate faster, perosnslly I like to change how my truck drives with how much traction compound I apply.
F N CUDA likes this.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hopscotch View Post
The AW doesn't leak out, it has a texture of half way dried glue. I've built euro trucks for people and use it all the time with no issues. I run my diffs open but different people like different feelings, I just feel like it's a resistance even though it helps you rotate faster, perosnslly I like to change how my truck drives with how much traction compound I apply.
Ran mine last nite on black carpet, first 3 runs tires great with only cleaning with lighter fluid, front sidewalls full outsides glued and partial first tread, about 1/8 inch.
After 3 runs tires got grippy, cleaning only, no sauce.
Glued full first tread, contact patch, thing was dialed for next 3 runs, still no sauce front or rear
Open diffs, light kit grease on everything but shocks dry, heard from another that sticky shocks get truck bouncing so left em dry.
Actually heard motor rpm jump during a loooong trip down the straight and this truck woke right up
Also felt that truck got quicker after a couple laps, diffs warming up ? Diffs felt really free after running.
Gonna start a diff warm up procedure pre run next time out and see how that goes.
Fun AF!!!

Last edited by F N CUDA; 02-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is gluing on the tread legal for TCS? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that you couldn't glue any horizontal surface. I'd like to run mine for the local TCS race but can't keep the thing from tipping and would like to try this.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Is gluing on the tread legal for TCS? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that you couldn't glue any horizontal surface. I'd like to run mine for the local TCS race but can't keep the thing from tipping and would like to try this.
Still not sure if anyone's heard officially but I'm sure it was allowed at the TCS finals, seen it first hand and that is pretty heavily scrutinized.
I can't imagine getting many sign ups if trucks are flippin over due to a tire glue rule.
I've been told by Fred that tire glue is a tire traction aid/additive and is legal, that was for F1. Trucks I'd imagine same applies but still nothing official.
Maybe soon he will post something?
How bout recent TCS races, anyone there that can tell us?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
In the TCS thread they said it was legal for one race on black carpet, but nobody from TCS has said anything offical. :-/ So I'm ... not comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service