Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 04-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Where do you guys run these trucks.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I race mine w/ several different clubs in N California.
I have a race this coming Sunday.

look for clubs and tracks near you.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We'll be racing them at Cal Raceway in Orange!! We've got guys with several trucks--I"m just the latest to get one. Come on down next weekend---or this Sunday is Test and Tune day and any Tamiya car is FREE!!
MAN--I've got my truck nearly done--and I"m out of the longer screws I need for the top plate?? I'm not sure WHERE I could have used them---or there weren't enough in the kit. PLUS---I"ve got an ABUNDANCE of leftover screws nuts and bolts I don't have anything to use on??? Is this usual or am I just building lighter than I"m supposed to??
Old 04-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Tim, sounds like you have a rebuild on your hands. There are not supposed to be a lot of leftovers...
Old 04-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
We'll be racing them at Cal Raceway in Orange!! We've got guys with several trucks--I"m just the latest to get one. Come on down next weekend---or this Sunday is Test and Tune day and any Tamiya car is FREE!!
MAN--I've got my truck nearly done--and I"m out of the longer screws I need for the top plate?? I'm not sure WHERE I could have used them---or there weren't enough in the kit. PLUS---I"ve got an ABUNDANCE of leftover screws nuts and bolts I don't have anything to use on??? Is this usual or am I just building lighter than I"m supposed to??
Make sure you check all your bags I found them all over the place.
RC_Bandit likes this.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I have---but I DO have a LOT of extra screws and things that I can't use!! It's WEIRD!! I've never built anything with this many "optional" screws nuts and bolts left over!! And some are just plain missing--I went over the build last night and I haven't left any out-- and some are just plain MIA! Headed down to Ultimate to see if I can find some small self tapping screws to finish this thing??
Old 04-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

You most likely have a bunch of wrong length screws around your build. You should strip and rebuild.. The difference in screw length is really about 2mm per size. So until you get accustomed to the standard sizes you're going to have trouble getting those right.
hobbyten likes this.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I was missing the two 3x20 screws for the top plate rear when I finished mine, too. I had a few screws, etc left over, but not many.

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Old 04-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Toypainter
I was missing the two 3x20 screws for the top plate rear when I finished mine, too. I had a few screws, etc left over, but not many.
Well here is my little box with all the screws that are left!!! More than a few! And I ended up with through bolts to hold the front bumper on from my private stash. Nothing in the kit came close to working!!

WOW---I got a chance to try the truck out at Cal Raceway today with Ken G---VERY FUN!!! Yes---their not super fast or handle perfect--but they are VERY FUN!!! This is a GREAT BOX STOCK CLASS!! No mods and the truck handled very well. Balanced--just roll it through the turns and its great fun to race with other equal trucks!! ALL YOU TAMIYA GUYS in SoCal---Cal Raceway will welcome you and your class's--come on out and experience higher bite and a nice relaxed casual atmosphere at a great little venue!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Euro Truck Class-img_2630.jpg   Tamiya Euro Truck Class-img_2636.jpg  
hobbyten likes this.

Last edited by Tim Neja; 04-08-2018 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Friend of mine needs a tire by Sunday. Anything helps. New tires, worn out tire on a rim, whatever. Its only got to make it 26 minutes. Anyone have anything?
Old 04-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

WindyCityRC had several sets of rubber in stock last weekend, and wheels. A bunch of ebay sellers have them too. They're out there... And you could have them by wednesday.
Falconz likes this.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Nerobro
WindyCityRC had several sets of rubber in stock last weekend, and wheels. A bunch of ebay sellers have them too. They're out there... And you could have them by wednesday.

Thanks! we'll try them. Only ebay sellers in Japan and Australia have any listed.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Because my brain is a mess, and I can't do acutal work today. TQrcracing has the wheels in stock. And tamiya has the tires and wheels in stock. If you order from tamiya today, you'll have them by thursday or so.
Falconz likes this.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Curious if anyone has identified the preferred battery pack for this class. I've done some searching in this thread and havn't managed to turn up any info beyond the fact that battery rules have been 'opened up' semi-recently.

Thanks in advance,
SS
Old 04-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

I have a VERY old round 2S pack that is 4000mah! I think I'll just charge the truck every other race!!! Perhaps Kenny G can comment here-- he found the LIGHTEST battery I've ever felt for his truck---less than 1/2 the weight of mine!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.