Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 04-01-2018, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Deleted sorry

Last edited by hobbyten; 04-02-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well technically--that should be illegal because it's a modification from the kit!! And it says in the rules to build it STOCK!! They say the ONLY modification is bearings!!
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Please delete!!

Last edited by hobbyten; 04-02-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbyten
I agree but where I race we have people turning them upside down with 1 mil grease that leaks on track and the foam comes in the kit aka the bumper so it is part of the kit. LOL But technically if I was to race at a bigger event I would have to take it out but it does handle better so I'm leaving it in and not messing up the track.
The spare lexan around the body molding comes in the kit too, that doesn't mean you can construct a wing out of it. If it's not in the instructions or explicitly allowed in the rules, it's illegal.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I just picked one up. Need a body
Old 04-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hobbyten
I agree but where I race we have people turning them upside down with 1 mil grease that leaks on track and the foam comes in the kit aka the bumper so it is part of the kit. LOL But technically if I was to race at a bigger event I would have to take it out but it does handle better so I'm leaving it in and not messing up the track.
You've described EXACTLY what's wrong with allowing ANY changes to the stock truck! Grease and oil leaking out on the track!! The reality is this SHOULD be policed and stopped. If you make illegal changes then you're DQ'd! Simple. The point of the class is to have EQUAL trucks to race and have FUN with--and cheating ruins the FUN!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default that's true, but...

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Well technically--that should be illegal because it's a modification from the kit!! And it says in the rules to build it STOCK!! They say the ONLY modification is bearings!!
I'm all for stock racing... i got my wife, Monica, a tamiya truck bodyshell (painted IKEA colours! She loved it!) and mashed to a donor TT01 (not even an E). She's not very proficient so none of the other drivers really care what's in her truck.

I have to say that the RC hobby is fundamentally a HOBBY. One where hobbyists go through a process of building, rebuilding... all in the name of fiddling (we all need something to fiddle with). A race-out-of-the-box class does NOT allow fiddling, and really goes against the grain of the RC hobby. I'm sure manufacturers are constantly seeking a way to enhance fiddling (and therefore sales) and yet allow for fun, balanced racing (the outcome to fiddling).

Although this class is super fun (i steal my wife's truck to play with when she isn't looking), Tamiya should allow some fiddling to take place, so as to provide the RC hobbyist with the proper fiddling channels (and not the inappropriate fiddling channels, such as foam in shocks, blue tack in diffs, million diff oils that ruin carpets, masturbation etc...)

If the class is meant to be raced as a league, may i suggest that the class be run in such a format:
race 1: no upgrades
race2: choice of 1 upgrade
race 3: choice of 2 upgrades
race 4: choice of 3 upgrades
etc...

that way, we all can fiddle to our hearts content and still support the manufacturer with sales of parts. It'll also be super fun for the individual to figure out what upgrades provide a balance to his/her driving style.

Thanks for looking!

Cheerio and keep fiddling!

-Alexander
Old 04-01-2018, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Just run them box stock... why is it so hard to stick too. Keep it the class it was always ment to be.
Tim Neja and eR1c like this.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by foampervert
I'm all for stock racing... i got my wife, Monica, a tamiya truck bodyshell (painted IKEA colours! She loved it!) and mashed to a donor TT01 (not even an E). She's not very proficient so none of the other drivers really care what's in her truck.

I have to say that the RC hobby is fundamentally a HOBBY. One where hobbyists go through a process of building, rebuilding... all in the name of fiddling (we all need something to fiddle with). A race-out-of-the-box class does NOT allow fiddling, and really goes against the grain of the RC hobby. I'm sure manufacturers are constantly seeking a way to enhance fiddling (and therefore sales) and yet allow for fun, balanced racing (the outcome to fiddling).

Although this class is super fun (i steal my wife's truck to play with when she isn't looking), Tamiya should allow some fiddling to take place, so as to provide the RC hobbyist with the proper fiddling channels (and not the inappropriate fiddling channels, such as foam in shocks, blue tack in diffs, million diff oils that ruin carpets, masturbation etc...)

If the class is meant to be raced as a league, may i suggest that the class be run in such a format:
race 1: no upgrades
race2: choice of 1 upgrade
race 3: choice of 2 upgrades
race 4: choice of 3 upgrades
etc...

that way, we all can fiddle to our hearts content and still support the manufacturer with sales of parts. It'll also be super fun for the individual to figure out what upgrades provide a balance to his/her driving style.

Thanks for looking!

Cheerio and keep fiddling!

-Alexander
There are already LOT'S of class's to "fiddle" in!! BOX STOCK is very rare!! Pick a different class and go to town. Ruining a box stock class is NOT the way to go!! Or--create your OWN class and go run it!
team green and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
You've described EXACTLY what's wrong with allowing ANY changes to the stock truck! Grease and oil leaking out on the track!! The reality is this SHOULD be policed and stopped. If you make illegal changes then you're DQ'd! Simple. The point of the class is to have EQUAL trucks to race and have FUN with--and cheating ruins the FUN!
The TCS rules specify any lubes can be used.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nerobro
The TCS rules specify any lubes can be used.
Correct, but they really shouldn't allow it. The only reason they do allow it is because it's near impossible to police correctly.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

"all parts except the gears must be run dry" A rule like that could be easily enforced. But it wouldn't be fun to run the euro trucks on black carpet without "something" to deal with the trucks.

My truck was totally happy on pavement. When introducing it to black carpet, everything got all pear shaped. I should pick up a second set of tires for street again.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nerobro
"all parts except the gears must be run dry" A rule like that could be easily enforced. But it wouldn't be fun to run the euro trucks on black carpet without "something" to deal with the trucks.

My truck was totally happy on pavement. When introducing it to black carpet, everything got all pear shaped. I should pick up a second set of tires for street again.
Would you volunteer to pull apart every truck to make sure it is actually dry internally? It's not that easy to police.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

I run my truck completely dry except for a little bit of the kit grease in the diffs.(and I mean very little) Running on black carpet, I will get a little bounce at the start of a run, but after a couple minutes it goes away and the truck is pretty smooth.
Tim Neja likes this.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Please delete!!

Last edited by hobbyten; 04-02-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.