Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 01-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking44
Sorry I mis-typed. I meant TT-01. I have both anyway so I just need to convert my 01 to the E. I can find the manual online but is there any kind of addendum for the euro truck? Like body post location and bumper part#? I found the wheel part# earlier in the thread.
Price out the body.... you might as well by the kit.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:03 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking44
Sorry I mis-typed. I meant TT-01. I have both anyway so I just need to convert my 01 to the E. I can find the manual online but is there any kind of addendum for the euro truck? Like body post location and bumper part#? I found the wheel part# earlier in the thread.
Here's the manual with the body and tire section. The TT01 and TT01E have some differences in then main chassis, shock towers and steering. The body is very expensive. You might be better off buying the kit.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/58632ml.pdf
Old 01-20-2018, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the recommendations! Iíll look for a kit
Old 01-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Someone was saying that they saw kits as low as $90 shipped if you shop around.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:09 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Iím not sure how. Thatís well below dealer cost from them direct in the US.

EA
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Now you have to post a link to that! You just canít tease us with that low price and not give anymore information...
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Someone at the track was talking about it.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That sounds like complete BS considering the fact that it was difficult to even get the kits at full price.

Maybe he's buying from Asia and paying $50 for shipping in which case it's not a deal.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

I have seen deals in the 100-110 range.... this message will self destruct in 30 seconds....

Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TCS Rules...

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Is there a full set of "official" TCS rules online somewhere for this class?

Specifically I would like to know if it's in the TCS rules that are you allowed to CA the sidewalls of the tires to stiffen it up cause no inserts and also CA the edge of the front tires to prevent traction roll. I think we're about to get this class rolling at our club and we trying to sort out the rules so everyone is on the same page.

I get the spirit of the class is box stock but I prefer not to traction roll like crazy and damage a body I spent 3 times longer to prepare than building the chassis which makes no sense at all to me. Anyone have good pics where to add protective foam or whatever to make it stronger on the inside of the body for added durability?

Thanks,

Ivan

Hello,

I had some clarifications myself that I posted on the TCS forum here at RCTech. Sadly, no one really bothered to respond. Sometimes I think they don't respond intentionally so certain people can capitalize on that ambiguity =(

In particular, I asked about the same thing - CA gluing the tire sidewall. The current TCS rules states you cannot glue the tire "on the horizontal surface" (page 6, item #44), i.e. the tire tread. I wanted clarification if this automatically meant I can glue the sidewall (vertical surface)...but no response or whatsoever.

My other question is if I can add weights - since I know A LOT that have during last years TCS who added substantial weights (not just to "balance" the chassis)...also, no answer =(

I'm all for TRUE "BOX STOCK" (no weights, no sidewall gluing, etc.) and this is, in fact, how my truck was when I joined TCS last year. However, it is quite unfair when you find out once you joined the race that most aren't really "box stock" after all. It kind of kills the whole appeal and motivation of joining the class in the first place.

...just my opinion =)
Old 01-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c-lyon
Ivan, post 70 has some info.
Also , for the Vic race demo class they refer to Lower Mainland Spec whatever that is. Post 24.
Ivan, also see Tamiyausa rules page 11.
Thanks for the multiple replies Colin. Basically the clubs East and West of us do glue the sidewalls so I guess I can do that too!

Originally Posted by kokoyang
Hello,

I had some clarifications myself that I posted on the TCS forum here at RCTech. Sadly, no one really bothered to respond. Sometimes I think they don't respond intentionally so certain people can capitalize on that ambiguity =(

In particular, I asked about the same thing - CA gluing the tire sidewall. The current TCS rules states you cannot glue the tire "on the horizontal surface" (page 6, item #44), i.e. the tire tread. I wanted clarification if this automatically meant I can glue the sidewall (vertical surface)...but no response or whatsoever.

My other question is if I can add weights - since I know A LOT that have during last years TCS who added substantial weights (not just to "balance" the chassis)...also, no answer =(

I'm all for TRUE "BOX STOCK" (no weights, no sidewall gluing, etc.) and this is, in fact, how my truck was when I joined TCS last year. However, it is quite unfair when you find out once you joined the race that most aren't really "box stock" after all. It kind of kills the whole appeal and motivation of joining the class in the first place.

...just my opinion =)
I think regarding this issue in your part of the world ultimately it's up to the organizers of your event/race to get a definitive answer. For me, the glueing just makes sense to not have a totally ill handling (traction rolling) car cause that just would not be fun. I guess adding weights and playing with the diff a bit is important to some but I just wanna get out there and turn some laps!

Ivan
Old 01-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher

I think regarding this issue in your part of the world ultimately it's up to the organizers of your event/race to get a definitive answer. For me, the glueing just makes sense to not have a totally ill handling (traction rolling) car cause that just would not be fun. I guess adding weights and playing with the diff a bit is important to some but I just wanna get out there and turn some laps!
That's what's kind of frustrating really...because I posted the question to the organizers...haha...but no response. It's almost like they are purposely dodging the question =P

I myself want to have fun and just run...but it's quite difficult (and honestly, annoying) when you follow the rules and most (not even some) are bending the rules and they aren't being called out for it. ...and I wouldn't be surprised if those who get away are those who the techs are kind of rubbing elbows with =D

It's really not encouraging to stand by the rules since I myself now am looking at my chassis closely and my criteria for "legal" is not what's on the TCS rule book, but rather, what can't be caught. Having joined the TCS, I kind of have an idea how the tech works...and I'm using that since I learned what areas they look at and what they really don't pay attention to...haha!
Old 01-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just wondering where do you find spare parts??? Like the gears?
Old 01-24-2018, 05:52 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Just wondering where do you find spare parts??? Like the gears?
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=2191

https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-51008-.../dp/B00061H9ZC
Old 01-24-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks I have parts ordered from my local HS.They order from HRP and great planes (we all know about great planes). Ive had them on order for 3-4 weeks. bought a spare kit for parts today. I have not bought any Tamiya kits in years because it was always the same thing - parts availability. When I can I buy from my local HS. Without them I can't get my usual things- paint- bodies and parts custom made for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.