R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #181
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Question #3,

What was the name of the game everyone used to play in between rounds?

I think I learned how to drive a stick from that game.

Or how about Ron Kwentus, John St Amante, and that gang going out and smoking pot in between rounds.

Andy, Jeff Brwon said you were back racing, thats awesome.

Dave, didnt your mom Mary used to run our races?

Steve Boice
Bigdaddyswank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #182
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
Question #3,

What was the name of the game everyone used to play in between rounds?

I think I learned how to drive a stick from that game.

Or how about Ron Kwentus, John St Amante, and that gang going out and smoking pot in between rounds.

Andy, Jeff Brwon said you were back racing, thats awesome.

Dave, didnt your mom Mary used to run our races?

Steve Boice

Well well well Mr. Boice. I kept wondering if that was really you when I saw the name showing up at races. The IIC camera may have been a little ways off but it was easy to recognise the way you hold the radio lol! Nice run by the way. Talk to Steve Charles lately?

The Game was Race Drivin' by Atari. I tried to find one not to long ago with no success. They also had the Fishing Pinball game.

I'm trying to race again. Been a little toooooo busy for the past couple months.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #183
Tech Regular

Oh yeah, Question #2 I don't think I was there that night but it sure sounds like something Jim would have done. Of course Dale Smith or St. Amante could have done it too.

Here's a reall tough one for JJ's
Does anyone remember the young blond girl that called races??
Hint: She married someone who worked there (not me)

I only remember because I recently worked with her on a project at work and somehow we got on the subject of hobbies.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #184
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Mark A.

Hello

I am going to start a thread later called JJ's Back in the day so Mike can have his thread back to answer questions about setups, products etc, I am sure he would appreciate it. Its kinda funny seeing all the old school racers stilll around in the hobby. I think I have a picture of Joel practicing at JJ's before Cleveland and some other ones from around that time, I am going to scan them and post them on the new thread.

Mark Adams
Mark A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #185
Tech Rookie

Mike,

Do you think X-Ray will ever consider a Oval car? If they did, would you be willing to run oval again?
justdafacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #186
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

justdafacts.. I am not sure if they have that in there plans.... But i have thought about running some oval again for FUN... But there is not too much time for me right now to do everything that is on my plate...

Mark... yea jj's thread is needed... Thanks for all the memory's guys

Mike
Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #187
Tech Rookie

Mike,

If you did get a chance to run, whos car? An old Trinity one? It'd be nice to see you w/ a KSG!
justdafacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #188
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hi

Mike. i have a ? are we going to get the new clds i dont know the name the 1s like the losi lcd? and do you know when the Multi-Diff
are going to be i stock i need the parts for the spool i did not know that you had to have 1 for the new spool. and i am trying to talk loni in to doing the iic nex year thanks for all your info anthony ross
team-srh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:12 PM   #189
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adamliehr

Mike,

When you get time you should come run with us down in Akron. We havent seen ya there in a long time.
adamliehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #190
Tech Addict

Mike

Thanks for the tips, 6 tenths a lap better.

Darryl
Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #191
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

congrats on your win with the CRC Xgen carpet knife at the Halloween classic this last past weekend. pual Ciccrello was trying hard but you had him covered.

and as for old times did you happen to see the 10th scale pan car on the track in 12th 19t practice friday? it was a woods lil dog that I raced at the Velodrome in 96. it wasn't half bad with 4 cells. herman asked what a touring car was doing on the track. I told him it was a pan car he just didn't beleive it.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #192
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

Hey Mike,

Just wondering if you are coming to Fastcats for their Fall Classic on november 10-12 ?

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #193
Tech Regular

Whats up Mike! Did you get a photo i took of you and your son at the IIC? It was to make a 5x7 print. I sent to xray e-mail, but i dont know if you got it. If not...send me a PM and i can send it to your e-mail. I'll be covering the cleveland race for RCCA, and i was also trying to get the T2 '007 to do a test article on it, but since im the newbie at the mag, they thought it would have been too overwhelming to do two articles at the same time. So ill run my regular T2. I ran it for the first time with foams on carpet...whoa! I truely know how good an R/C car can handle! My lap times were as fast as my 1/12 scale! Im sure ill be coming to the xray camp for set up tips on how to get an already awesome handling car to handle better.

I race at - SDRC Raceway, CVRC Raceway and SoCal-RC Onroad

My Painters: Fatty Grafx -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatty-Grafx/138256833000949
JoelNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Mike - thanks for all the help this past weekend at Horsham; the car was dialed. Hope you will be able to make it back in Dec. for the eXpress race.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #195
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Hey Mike,
can you post you CRC Generation X setting on Holloween classic race? thanks