R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #166
Tech Adept

Quote:
Paul Brower, Chad Coppeck, Ted McCarthy and I came over to Bridgeport a few times to race on that tiny little carpet track. The drive over and back from Grand Rapids with Ted was usually the highlight of the trip.

I kinda miss the old Decorns Warehouse we raced at in Grand Rapids when I was in college. That was when I actually raced every week... with a hangover... fun times.
So, would this be Jeremy Otis, or perhaps Craig Smith?
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #167
Tech Addict

Hi Larry,

Nope - that is Keith Hamilton. However, Jeremy Otis showed up at CEFX about a month ago to race some 1/12th. He is also signed up to race at the Halloween Classic in a few weeks.

-Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Brown
So, would this be Jeremy Otis, or perhaps Craig Smith?
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 AM   #168
Tech Apprentice

Paul Brower still lives in GR. Married has a boy named Dane and a girl on the way. He say's they are going to name her Una Brower.

Chad Coppeck was living in GR the last I knew. I didn't keep in contact with him. I think he has a couple of kids and maybe an exwife in there somewhere? Anyone remember Chad getting caught making out with Dave Clary's daughter in Cleveland?
Motor City Hami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #169
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Andy Who??
Dooz Larry Jr.
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #170
Tech Addict

Wow look at what we have started here... HEHE... Man old time racing for some old timers LOL.....

Wow guys i am getting tears thinking of these old days.. Now if racing could be like it was at the old JJ's and Bridgeport.. Or how could i forget the travels to GR for some racing all the time.. Rivertown racers was a blast.. How about the huge oval in that building.. WOWEEE...

team-srh1..... Glad we could convince you to go to a great car...

Mike
Old 10-10-2006, 01:34 PM   #171
Tech Adept

Rich...Hi, and thanks. And hello Kieth Hamilton.
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazzo
Andy Who??
Dooz Larry Jr.
Correct! I think it was Thawley that came up with that but I'm not totally sure on that one.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #173
Tech Regular

Dang it, Chris you beat me to it. I didn't race at JJ's much but it was a nice place.

My all time favorite has to be usa in bridgeport. There was always very close racing.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #174
Tech Regular

Sup Walt? USA was sweet too. Williams and I always pitted right by the video games. They had Race Drivin' and the fisherman Pinball.

Back then it just seemed ike everyone knew what track everyone else was going to be at each weekend.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #175
Tech Regular

I think I forgot to mention One thing!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:13 AM   #176
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good ol' Larry Rice... The last time I saw him was a coule of years ago when we were racing in the parking lot of the Home Depot in Canton, he just stopped buy and was looking around and was suprised he knew the 3 or 4 people that he did.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 AM   #177
Tech Rookie

the DOOZ or Doozmeister.

I have Vince's old Magnum Sr. radio.....

I'll never sell it. Best damn radio ever.

Any ideas where Dale Smith is these days.

He always had some crazy Parma products.

Anywho.... I was telling Mike a week or so ago, that I may be opening a JJ's clone here in South Florida.

Let me know what you guys think a good track size is these days. I think the old JJ's track would be considered small these days.

We don't have any carpet tracks down here so I have nothing to compare it to.
aloishus27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #178
Tech Apprentice

Check out Josh's track, CEFX Raceway. It's one of the best.
Motor City Hami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #179
Tech Adept

JJ's triva question number 2? What oval driver got so pissed at Mark Adams for taking him out that after the race he went backwards on the track and domlished Marks car?

Just drove past Bridgeport this past weekend. My all-time fav. track.

Chris
ctmazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:09 PM   #180
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmazzo
JJ's triva question number 2? What oval driver got so pissed at Mark Adams for taking him out that after the race he went backwards on the track and domlished Marks car?

Just drove past Bridgeport this past weekend. My all-time fav. track.

Chris
I was there the night that happened. I was actually racing in that main. He was banned for a month. Cussed Mark out for not knowing the value of money since he was sponsored by JJ's.

I wanna say Jim Rumpf. But I am almost certain I'm not right. It could also be the guy that pitted right behind the time stand that always raced bodies of a NASCAR driver.

My dad and were talking about this 2 days ago.

Mark actually cried that night.
aloishus27 is offline   Reply With Quote