R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   coolest body for racing? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/968839-coolest-body-racing.html)

hannhann00 11-22-2016 09:51 PM

coolest body for racing?

Hi I'm new to RC and running an Xray T3.

I noticed pretty much everyone runs a Mazda 6 body or something box-y and similar. I get that it has good performance characteristics but is there any other bodies that are cooler looking (ie. not a Mazda 6). Something like the cooler like a Super GT HSV body (which looks like it may have good aero) or something more sleek looking that still performs just as good?

Any tips?

gigaplex 11-22-2016 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by hannhann00 (Post 14744422)
Hi I'm new to RC and running an Xray T3.

I noticed pretty much everyone runs a Mazda 6 body or something box-y and similar. I get that it has good performance characteristics but is there any other bodies that are cooler looking (ie. not a Mazda 6). Something like the cooler like a Super GT HSV body (which looks like it may have good aero) or something more sleek looking that still performs just as good?

Any tips?

It depends on what class you run. I don't think a body like the Super GT HSV would be legal in a standard TC class. If you want something that looks a bit different to the norm, there's the Bittydesign Ascari. If you're looking for 'sleek', they probably don't conform to the "global body spec" rules for touring cars.

hannhann00 11-22-2016 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 14744446)
It depends on what class you run. I don't think a body like the Super GT HSV would be legal in a standard TC class. If you want something that looks a bit different to the norm, there's the Bittydesign Ascari. If you're looking for 'sleek', they probably don't conform to the "global body spec" rules for touring cars.

Oh i see. Thanks i didn't know it was because of rules. Thanks...

Shame as a Super GT500 HSV shell would look mega.

hannhann00 11-22-2016 11:15 PM

Out of interest- would there be a performance increase if you ran a pan car style prototype body on a TC chassis (bearing in mind shock towers etc would be in the way)? That would also look very cool it's a bummer that this is not a catergory as my thinking is it's it's not going to very scale (like the current 1/10th bodies) then it would make most sense to go for all out performance (and i think they look cooler). A prototype body with some bulges for shocks etc would be pretty cool.

gigaplex 11-22-2016 11:19 PM

You mean something like this?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...re37965-gt.png

Can't say I've noticed any advantage. Though I am the least experienced driver in the class I was running it in (17.5 GT).

gigaplex 11-22-2016 11:21 PM

It sounds like the USGT class (or equivalent) would suit you, if it's available in your area.

hannhann00 11-23-2016 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 14744462)
It sounds like the USGT class (or equivalent) would suit you, if it's available in your area.

I wish, but i think only TC is big in my area... i didn't know about this GT class and just checked it out now. Veeery cool.. thanks

perzeus 11-23-2016 03:37 AM

Bittydesign does also have other cool looking bodies, that are still good for racing e.g. their bmw lookalike M15 and one inspired by a Camaro.

flyingm 11-23-2016 05:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Forget the rules....go cool!!!
www.mcallisterracing.com

pphaneuf 11-23-2016 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 14744461)
You mean something like this?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...re37965-gt.png

Can't say I've noticed any advantage. Though I am the least experienced driver in the class I was running it in (17.5 GT).

What body is this? Any trouble clearing the shock towers?

bdmpastx 11-23-2016 09:52 AM

The Protoform Ford GT is sick too for USGT class racing when they come out with the 190mm version. Right now it is only on WGTR classes.

OVA 11-23-2016 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by pphaneuf (Post 14744899)
What body is this? Any trouble clearing the shock towers?

from the pic..it look like this bodies is design for standard TC ...

pphaneuf 11-23-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by OVA (Post 14744923)
from the pic..it look like this bodies is design for standard TC ...

Indeed, but ordering one is easier if I know the manufacturer and model. :D

jlfx car audio 11-23-2016 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by pphaneuf (Post 14744945)
Indeed, but ordering one is easier if I know the manufacturer and model. :D

I feel that body is long been retired . Look at the antenna on that thing lol

rescue119 11-23-2016 11:03 AM

Coolest body is

........wait for it..........

Almost........

..the one YOU think is the coolest. ��