Search
Like Tree470Likes

Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca
Why would you mount the body 5mm forward? Is this a new thing for touring cars on carpet? Or is this an asphalt thing?
It should give you more steering. Typically you mount them further forward for asphalt then you would for carpet. It depends on the body but 5-7mm forward for asphalt and 4-6mm forward for carpet seem pretty common.

People have been doing it for years. I've seen drivers show up at big events with multiple versions of the same shell, I assume this is because they are all mounted in different positions.
Juniorabca likes this.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Is it really that difficult to do a one color paint job and mount the body?? There are many tools available to help with wheel wells and body post placement.
I for one don't enjoy doing this, and to get it exactly the same every single time is very difficult. You have to cut measure and sand to get it done right #funtimes. I don't think it will be long before sales of pre-cut bodies overtake the non cut ones
*SBH* likes this.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

In 10 minutes at your home or directly at the track you can have our race M410 body shell ready to Go, with the 100% CNC Pre-Cut we resolved a few very important points:

Time saving, forget the annoying part of hand made cut with scissors and dremel
Perfection, with the automatic robot the cutting line and body post holes are done at best, Italian Premium Quality

Join the revolution, what else?!?

Shop the 100% Pre-Cut M410 at 👉 bittydesign.net/en/m410-precut

Old 07-25-2017, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any plans for offering the precut for a TC7.1?
Old 07-25-2017, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Any plans for offering the precut for a TC7.1?
Yes of course will come also the Pre-Cut version for Associated TC7.1, expected for the 1st part of September.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:28 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
Yes of course will come also the Pre-Cut version for Associated TC7.1, expected for the 1st part of September.
Great news - thank you!!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
It should give you more steering. Typically you mount them further forward for asphalt then you would for carpet. It depends on the body but 5-7mm forward for asphalt and 4-6mm forward for carpet seem pretty common.

People have been doing it for years. I've seen drivers show up at big events with multiple versions of the same shell, I assume this is because they are all mounted in different positions.
Thanks for the response. I honestly have not heard of this before but will be looking into it more. I have always mounted mine with the cut lines..
Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
In 10 minutes at your home or directly at the track you can have our race M410 body shell ready to Go, with the 100% CNC Pre-Cut we resolved a few very important points:

Time saving, forget the annoying part of hand made cut with scissors and dremel
Perfection, with the automatic robot the cutting line and body post holes are done at best, Italian Premium Quality

Join the revolution, what else?!?

Shop the 100% Pre-Cut M410 at 👉 bittydesign.net/en/m410-precut

I will cry tears of joy if this becomes available for the Mugen MTC1.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I will cry tears of joy if this becomes available for the Mugen MTC1.
TRF419X would be smashing as well.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:02 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qatmix
TRF419X would be smashing as well.
+1

The pre-cut version for a TRF419X would also works for TRF419, 418, 417, 416.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CL
+1

The pre-cut version for a TRF419X would also works for TRF419, 418, 417, 416.
I'm pretty sure it would fit the Evo 6 and Evo 7.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am interested in these bodies, and have food for thought.

Would it be possible to somehow mold the body white. Use a common car such as an X-Ray, pre-cut the body mounting holes, and cut it with your machinery? What I am getting at is to eliminate the painting of the body, yet keep costs down....If this could be accomplished for the same price as a clear body I think you would sell these bodies like hot cakes. This body could be an optional body as to what you already have. My take on this is that most of us lead complicated lives and would rather work on our cars, rather than spending time being a body/painting technician. My bodies do not last that long because of my driving. I think plain Jane would work for the majority of racers. Thoughts?
Old 07-31-2017, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp

Would it be possible to somehow mold the body white. Use a common car such as an X-Ray, pre-cut the body mounting holes, and cut it with your machinery? What I am getting at is to eliminate the painting of the body, yet keep costs down....If this could be accomplished for the same price as a clear body I think you would sell these bodies like hot cakes. This body could be an optional body as to what you already have. My take on this is that most of us lead complicated lives and would rather work on our cars, rather than spending time being a body/painting technician. My bodies do not last that long because of my driving. I think plain Jane would work for the majority of racers. Thoughts?
mold in white?what about the windows?
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp

Marking out and cutting take ages, throwing a plain colour on a body takes literally seconds.
There are too many plain white bodyshells (white knights) as it is, which makes it difficult enough during races for other drivers and the announcers etc.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Running 25.5 TC on Grey carpet. Currently running a Mazda 6 6mm forward and it's fine but time for a new body and no more Protoform every few race days.

Would do the M410 but Amain is on back order...

Striker 3.0 or Ascari? I like a twitchy car and we're always trying to get more rotation since it's a smaller 9 second track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.