Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Yokomo 1/10th Build/Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help! Yokomo 1/10th Build/Upgrade

I am pretty new to rc and have recently inherited a Yokomo 1/10th car used. I was hoping for some input on the transmission. I know I need a new spur gear and would like for it to accelerate quick so need a lower gear ratio. The one in there is plastic and has broken teeth. I do not know what size to get or if it will be compatible with the pinion gear or what the correct size for the drive shaft is.

I was also looking for a body for it. It is 190mm but how do I know the body I buy will fit the wheels correctly and not be "baggy" on the car?
I didn't get any spec sheets with it so I do not know the exact model of the Yokomo. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First we'd need to know what motor you're using to know what gear ratio to aim for. Pictures of the car will help others identify what it is. Since you've got a low post count you won't be able to add them to this thread just yet, but you should be able to put some in your profile album.

There are two main pitches of gears for spurs and pinions. 48p and 64p. You need to ensure you match them correctly, so if you're going to keep your current pinion we'd need to figure out what it is. You should be able to figure out how many teeth it has (it'll have the number stamped, or you can count the teeth if it doesn't). Measure the diameter too, and post that here, and we can tell you what pitch it is.

Most 190mm bodies should fit fine, you'll just need to make sure you drill the body post holes in the correct location and trim the wheel wells correctly. There probably will be a small gap between the wheels and the body, you can get offset wheels or put spacers on the hex to space it out for the scale look, but that does affect the handling of the car.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Let us all conjure the powers of the alien reptile overlords and invoke the spirit of Mahalanobo to guide our collective mental karma!

Your car has four wheels, right?

Well, that's about as far as Mahalanobo can help with that info.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Great, thank you for your response! I found out through a little research that it is a BD7.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hello! What motor are you using? We need to know that first.
Now we know what brand it is, it should be much easier to help! 190mm bodies is what you should use, no problem there.

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com