Community
Wiki Posts
Search

127.2 mph WFRCCC run by Nic Case - video/photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 127.2 mph WFRCCC run by Nic Case - video/photos

Nic Case got the fastest car this Saturday with a 127.2 mph run.. check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEHh_NohxMc

Last edited by oldfartjohn; 04-13-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Tony Lovering's 88 mph run and crash..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPcL6KvPBo
Old 07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yes I can see that in both cases it took a team of four men to pick up the pieces. One from a blowover and one from lack of radio range it appears. Reminds me of my runs with Nick Maslowski. These problems bedeviled me as well. That 3 engine car sounds cool just like an F1 coming out of a slow corner at 18,000 RPM.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 08-04-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

I dont trust the 2.4 ghtz radio for high speed racing, i prefer my pcm for velo and any intense racing. it has the signal strength and range.

the 3 engine nitro car sounded very sweet. the crash on the return road was ugly. too bad.

I was down there for a little while had to leave.

I witness one of nicks speed attempts. the car was an orange streak. forget about video taping it!!

from what i saw when i was there, the pan cars had blow over issues and the rails had top end traction issue. I saw one smoke the tires going into the traps and crash and another blow a tire on top end.

I think for the conditions a 4wd touring car would probably be handle the best with belted rubber tiress. i'm thiking a tc3 with a couple o lipo packs and a brushless motor,with a high downforce touring body. big rear wing. the body can be switched out for the changing conditions. now i'm glad i didn't run my velo car there. it is to light and would blow over. is there was no wind and I could weight it down. thats another possibility.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7J1w4TYfA

John Crook's e-maxx hits a foam block, then the barrier. The transmission and a battery even fly out!