Wiki Posts
Search

BSR Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default BSR Tires

I just picked up some of John's BSR tires, opened the bag and you could smell fresh rubber. These seem to be alot fresher than the Jacos. Does anybody know if there is much difference than from the Jacos, they are only 60mm so they don't need to be trimmed much. Do the colors match the Jacos? With the fresheshness I think I found a new tire as I have come accross a few boxes of Jacos that were all dried up.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
I just picked up some of John's BSR tires, opened the bag and you could smell fresh rubber. These seem to be alot fresher than the Jacos. Does anybody know if there is much difference than from the Jacos, they are only 60mm so they don't need to be trimmed much. Do the colors match the Jacos? With the fresheshness I think I found a new tire as I have come accross a few boxes of Jacos that were all dried up.
Go to their website. bsr-racing.com and look at it. There is some difference in colors.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually I think it is the same foam as Jayco, but John does a lot more different compounds and mixes of compounds so be careful and enjoy. I know John and his workman ship has been great on his tires.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Our foam is fresh, but I can honestly say that it is not any fresher than Jaco.

Our 10th and 12th tire compounds will be alittle different from Jaco in the color rating. Our sedan tire compounds will be very simular. We do make a xxpink/purple tire that alot of guys like to run in the rear with the xxpink/orange in the front. The narrow outer band of purple helps reduce tire tearing when you wreck with other cars or hit the boards. It also is used for tuning. Gives you another tire choice to run in the rear with the xxpink/orange front, which can be good or bad.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 AM
ts
Tech Adept

You can't beat BSR tires. Quality and Service is awesome. Just a phonecall away!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We ran BSR tires at the Novak race last weekend and ended up 3rd in 19 turn foam, including a win in the first A. I would have to say they are great tires
Old 01-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

I can say that I have ran BSR tires in oval for quite some time.
I switched to brand x for a while and ended up coming back.

John's wheels do not break (well at least I have not had one crack or break on me) and also the foam never seems to chunk and the glue is top notch.

I have a feeling his on road stuff will be top notch too !!
Try em out

Last edited by erock1331; 01-10-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried the BSR setup of?
D pink orange in front
D pink purple in rear.
for med. traction carpet
Old 01-12-2006, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Basicly I want to know. How does the feel in the corner differ for the xx pink in the rear?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kyracer
Basicly I want to know. How does the feel in the corner differ for the xx pink in the rear?
It will free up the rear a little, but the big advantage is in the tire wear and they are less prone to chunking.
Hope this helps
Old 07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I didn't know this thread was here until I did a search. I've been running these tires for a couple of months now. (xx pink/orange in front, xx pink/purple in back) They are awesome. If you've never run them before, do yourself a favor and try them out. The purple ring in the back helps free up the car and definitely helps on tire wear. Great product.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yup these tires were also used by Brandon Melton to win the 2006 Snowbirds 19T sportsman class against some big names...
Old 07-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Yup these tires were also used by Brandon Melton to win the 2006 Snowbirds 19T sportsman class against some big names...
I knew Melton was running them. He was definitely fast when he came to town. KTRacing got me hooked on them. Good stuff
Old 07-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have been running with John for 2 years now and his workmanship and quality is awesome. They are great tires and offer many compounds for different tracks.