R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #46
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

haha, nice chop.

soon they will have to make the font smaller.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:24 AM   #47

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdoc
so I guess its just the level a person chooses to see it as, if you just get an rc and play with it its a toy, and it probably does cost to much, if you see it as a race car, its a sport, and the cost isnt any more than any other sport........
yeah I see it as a fun past time. it takes some skill, and some work... thats what hobbies are all about. But I see it as much of a sport as playing computer games. yep, it tests eye hand coordination, spacial relations, and reflexes (very similar to R/C)... but it sure as hell isn't a sport.

The people who take it so seriously as a sport, are the people who get very upset when something goes wrong, or a driver hits them on the track by accident.... sort of a detriment to the hobby as I see it. I take it you are the kind of guy who would berate someone on the drivers stand mid race for maybe "hacking" you by accident because they just ruined your run in this epic sport of skill and daring?
Old 01-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #48
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheyhoe
haha, nice chop.

soon they will have to make the font smaller.

No Chopping here!!
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Its fine with Me if you see it as a fun lil way to pass time, not everyone sees it that way, but if thats all it is to you, then why do you whine about what any thing cost, why would you be foolish enough to buy high end equipment just to play, and then gripe about it ?????
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #50

Umm im not whining about cost, I am making fun of those who go around these boards, the tracks, the stores claiming that "wow new batteries YOU NEED THAT TO RACE!" Same goes for chargers, nitro engines, tires, etc...

I spend as much money as I think this hobby requires to be fun. others can do the same... not saying they cant. But the guys at the tracks who constantly are dropping thousands every few months on their toy cars are one of the reasons the R/C scene is starting to die off and chase new people out. I mean I love nitro sedan... but the costs have been moved SO high by people who choose to spend $350 - $500 on an engine that its pretty much KILLED the nitro sedan scene in this area. thats a prime example.

War in general is good for the economy (well unless a bush is running it), but battery, motor, engine wars... are VERY bad for R/C.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

your right about a lot of that, I still think the biggest problem tho is everyone thinking they have to make the "A" main, instead of feeling like a winner by outrunning the group they qualified with.....its that attitude that makes the racers that dont get everything out of what they already have, buy the newest best thing out......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #52
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whoops, I should have read the whole thread before I doctored this up, BJ beat me to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Orion GP 4300 cells!-orion_gp4800.jpg  
Old 01-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Default 1.3 volts....and folks are itchin about Lipo?

4800's? 1.32V and 600sec run time
Well I think we may just see the 6,000's come out by the end of the year

This is getting silly!

what was it that everyone was complaining about the Lipo packs? Was it more volts, too light, too much run time?
www.ccugolf.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #54
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They are not ROAR legal. And we all know that ROAR knows what is best for us. And all tracks everywhere must and do run ROAR rules exactly to the letter. You will conform or you will be assimilated. You will give your money to Trinity and Trinity only to play with your toy car.

Sieg Heil! Long live Sub-Cs!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Default toy?

There someone goes on that TOY thing?

Aren't these REAL RACE CARS?....Ok maybe not, after all my 6yr ol plays with them too
Old 01-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman
Sieg Heil! Long live Sub-Cs!!!!!
YGPM
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdoc
so I guess its just the level a person chooses to see it as, if you just get an rc and play with it its a toy, and it probably does cost to much, if you see it as a race car, its a sport, and the cost isnt any more than any other sport........
Sorry but normal people look at them as toys. Fat geeky people look at them as a sport. My girl sees them as any other hobby like Playstation, PC, Scale models, shopping. Though shopping is more of a sport for me and more tiring.
Frankly these cells would take too long to charge and I look forward to li poly cells when costs come down.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #58
Tech Fanatic

These cells, and the IB4200's, are BRCA legal (at the start of the BRCA season, 1 April '06), submitted and approved before the end of the year.

FYI

I'll leave it to others to comment on the difference between the BRCA and ROAR organizations...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
I'll leave it to others to comment on the difference between the BRCA and ROAR organizations...
Well that is easy:

BRCA-proactive

ROAR-nonactive
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
These cells, and the IB4200's, are BRCA legal (at the start of the BRCA season, 1 April '06), submitted and approved before the end of the year.

FYI

Who is the BRCA?
Maybe they can start to rule over US racing too. Sounds like they are at least willing to look at the "new technology"