R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: golf course and R/C track
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

So, I suppose that if you buy the solid silver bars you will have the best conductor to start with and there will be no chance of the plating loosening off the bar and causing a bad connection. I think I will try it on my new packs and let you guys know how it goes.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #47
Tech Elite
 
ChadCapece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CofC
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
BTW...WTF is Pseudo-Research??? Were you just trying to look busy??? I'm sure the NSF would be rather dis-pleased with what their money went towards.

ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
BigDogRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,955
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing
Default

Phatkat- thanks for your opinion, but you are wrong. There must be air with moisture in it for condensation to occur, and there is no air inside of a good NiMH cell. Not to mention that water from condensation is pure water, and of course you know how well PURE water conducts electricity right?


Soviet- not to derail this thread, but can I assume from your research you too know what the biggest fraudulent lie ever to be told to the public in the history of the world is, right? I mean, billions per year to research global warming? GIVE ME A MFing BREAK!!! I suppose next they'll be telling us how the decaying of the dinosaurs cause the ozone layer to break down long enough to rewarm the earth after the ice age????? Paleeeeeeez. Global warming is simply a research arena for all the stupid children of scientists who can't tell a rat from a guinea pig to get a job and rake in $400K/year while playing solitare on their laptops all day long. I better stop now before I tell you how I REALLY feel about global warming.....LMAO
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #49
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Global warming is simply a research arena for all the stupid children of scientists who can't tell a rat from a guinea pig to get a job and rake in $400K/year while playing solitare on their laptops all day long. I better stop now before I tell you how I REALLY feel about global warming.....LMAO


Wurd.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:12 AM   #50
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Phatkat- thanks for your opinion, but you are wrong. There must be air with moisture in it for condensation to occur, and there is no air inside of a good NiMH cell. Not to mention that water from condensation is pure water, and of course you know how well PURE water conducts electricity right?


Mmmm, I'm still not gonna try.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:35 AM   #51
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Phatkat- thanks for your opinion, but you are wrong. There must be air with moisture in it for condensation to occur, and there is no air inside of a good NiMH cell. Not to mention that water from condensation is pure water, and of course you know how well PURE water conducts electricity right?


Soviet- not to derail this thread, but can I assume from your research you too know what the biggest fraudulent lie ever to be told to the public in the history of the world is, right? I mean, billions per year to research global warming? GIVE ME A MFing BREAK!!! I suppose next they'll be telling us how the decaying of the dinosaurs cause the ozone layer to break down long enough to rewarm the earth after the ice age????? Paleeeeeeez. Global warming is simply a research arena for all the stupid children of scientists who can't tell a rat from a guinea pig to get a job and rake in $400K/year while playing solitare on their laptops all day long. I better stop now before I tell you how I REALLY feel about global warming.....LMAO

The planet is in a warming trend. However only a fool will state that man alone is causing this change. The geologic record has recorded literally thousands of warming and cooling trends in our 4.3 billion year history. We just happen to be in one of those warming trends. Better understanding the potential effects though is not a waste of time, especially if it will help us predect when to relocate our coastal cities in a few thousand years.

The movie "Day after tomorrow" was pure and utter garbage. Changes that drastic, while they have occured take a millenia to occur as opposed to a few days, weeks, years or even decades.
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #52
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
The planet is in a warming trend. However only a fool will state that man alone is causing this change. The geologic record has recorded literally thousands of warming and cooling trends in our 4.3 billion year history. We just happen to be in one of those warming trends. Better understanding the potential effects though is not a waste of time, especially if it will help us predect when to relocate our coastal cities in a few thousand years.

The movie "Day after tomorrow" was pure and utter garbage. Changes that drastic, while they have occured take a millenia to occur as opposed to a few days, weeks, years or even decades.


Maybe Hollywoods wants to tell people how bad our the planet situation is and cramp all they have to say in a 2 hr movie....
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:12 AM   #53
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

any one watch supervolcano

anyone really tested the diffrence of battery bars?
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #54
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngTat
any one watch supervolcano

anyone really tested the diffrence of battery bars?

The metal ones worked MUCH better than the paper ones...I should do a shootout review for XRC.
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #55
Tech Master
 
burbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
The geologic record has recorded literally thousands of warming and cooling trends in our 4.3 billion year history.
.
Man scientist's and people who think they are make me giggle.. How can it be proven the world is 4.3 billion years old???It cant and its not...I supose we all came from monkeys to right?? Ooh Ooh Aah Aah..I guess i do sound a little like an ape still..

Ill bet you dont believe in God, yet your sig, mentions Him..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:09 AM   #56
Tech Adept
 
pookat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: u.k.
Posts: 112
Default

What a thread!!
I bet when XMSRACING started it he wasn't expecting a debate on global warming, religion and belief etc.
Hello, battery bars anyone? How does everybody get so wound up?

It's quite entertaining but not exactly on topic is it? LOL keep up the good work
pookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:09 AM   #57
Tech Master
 
Soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Littleton, CO - USA
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
Man scientist's and people who think they are make me giggle.. How can it be proven the world is 4.3 billion years old???It cant and its not...I supose we all came from monkeys to right?? Ooh Ooh Aah Aah..I guess i do sound a little like an ape still..

Ill bet you dont believe in God, yet your sig, mentions Him..

Science is the "how" in how God works. The Bible was written for the people of it's time. That however does not make it's core message bad or even wrong. To take the bible or any holy-book verbatim while rejecting scientific fact is foolhearty. To outright reject God because science fails to prove his existance is even more sad.

However unfortunately in modern times, small minded people like to catagorize each-other with easy to understand groups. As in you're either conservative or liberal, scientific atheist or religious zealot. What a shame that one is frowned upon for rejecting that obtuse simplicity in favor of being a free-thinking man. Last time I checked, this nation was created by such men.

Lunar regolith and various rocks from Australia have dated to 3.5 BA. This has been repeatedly measured (last 50-60 years) via the radioactive decay half-life of Potassium 13 and various forms of Argon. It is total fact. Indesputable except only by those who see such facts as shattering their narrow and overtly-religious perception of the world.

*(The figure of 4.3BA adds additional time for planetary formation via solar-disk accretion)

Read and enjoy:

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/geotime/age.html
__________________
"You don't get hurt racing little cars..."

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:30 AM   #58
Tech Master
 
XMSRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookat
What a thread!!
I bet when XMSRACING started it he wasn't expecting a debate on global warming, religion and belief etc.
Hello, battery bars anyone? How does everybody get so wound up?

It's quite entertaining but not exactly on topic is it? LOL keep up the good work

Though I am confused how this has turned into who has done a better research paper and peoples opionions on global warming... I'm sad to say I can not take credit for this... ummmm... thread.
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #59
Tech Adept
 
pookat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: u.k.
Posts: 112
Default

Durrr,
It appears I checked the first post on this page not the first.
And the winner is.........EngTat.
Sorry for the confusion.
pookat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #60
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs
Ill bet you dont believe in God, yet your sig, mentions Him..


Show me physical proof of gods' existence. Do not quote the "Great book of fraud" either. Also, before you run too far with "what I am", I am unaffiliated.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Assembly - Battery Bars.. Choice...?? Bwadd2002 Electric On-Road 21 12-04-2006 09:36 AM
Best Battery Bars gc2005 Electric On-Road 30 05-27-2005 02:07 AM
Which battery bars Yokomo Aust Electric On-Road 1 05-08-2004 07:58 AM
Battery Bars ZER01 Electric On-Road 14 12-29-2003 12:39 AM
Battery Bars? derekjr_1 Electric On-Road 2 01-02-2003 04:55 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net