R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #16
Tech Master

If it wasn't for the frog or the grasshopper I wouldn't have been in this hobby since their original introduction!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Tech Master

Oh, and let's not forget the Hornet!!!
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
That's just another case of keyboard courage.

Kris, assuming that was bought in a retail chain type store, you can try to return it for cash back. Then take that money to hobby shop and ask them about RC cars. They will surely help you spend that money, and I have no doubt that you will have much more fun with a hobby style RC car.

Hobby style-what you see guys using in parking lots that go 60mph or jumping hills in their yards.

Toy Cars-close to your style in that they look realistic, but are not very mobile.
I agree, It is a prebuild car. Go to your LHS and talk to the guys at the store. Besides of that they'll tell you to invest some more money than the money you paid for that "toycar" A good car to start with is the TT-01 chassis based cars from Tamiya. Nearly every hobbystore carries spareparts for this car so if you break something you can replace it with an original sparepart.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1990
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i baught a hummer a few weeks before x-mass. then suddenly when i switch it on it does not go and the wheels shake. so i thought it was the servo. and it was along with the rest of the board the whole board was a heap of crap. so i got it re-built. New servos, new transmitter, speed controller etc. the parts i used were really old and were for boats. it worked quite well but now after the second use it stops everynow and again and resets it self so it i have the throttle right up that now become netrul(center to the car). So i dont know why this is doing this.

there are pics of it in my album you can find this here

http://www.rchangout.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19700

can you help me.

Please

I ever seen those Hummer, it's kind of Quick Drive Toys that normally never have real RC servo, and the radio and receiver is simple AM type Fixed 27MHz (not designed for servo use, and NO CRYSTAL)

Its strange, how could u connect those RCcar/boat radio to special receiver in that car?

IMO your case is mostly electronic problem,
Would you please post the picture of the servo, receiver, ESC inside your hummer?
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
I agree, It is a prebuild car. Go to your LHS and talk to the guys at the store. Besides of that they'll tell you to invest some more money than the money you paid for that "toycar" A good car to start with is the TT-01 chassis based cars from Tamiya. Nearly every hobbystore carries spareparts for this car so if you break something you can replace it with an original sparepart.
Basically, do what he said, but ask your hobby shop where you are most likely to drive the car and what you want to do with it. Then once you decide what class of car you want to get, buy the one they have a lot of spare parts for. That way when you break something, they will have parts instock so you can get the part as soon as you need it.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #21
Tech Master

Take it back to Radio Shack for an exchange I would reccomend getting your money back though.
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1990
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i baught a hummer a few weeks before x-mass. then suddenly when i switch it on it does not go and the wheels shake. so i thought it was the servo. and it was along with the rest of the board the whole board was a heap of crap. so i got it re-built. New servos, new transmitter, speed controller etc. the parts i used were really old and were for boats. it worked quite well but now after the second use it stops everynow and again and resets it self so it i have the throttle right up that now become netrul(center to the car). So i dont know why this is doing this.

there are pics of it in my album you can find this here

http://www.rchangout.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19700

can you help me.

Please

I've seen those Hummer, it's kind of Quick Drive Toys that normally never have real RC servo, and the radio and receiver is simple AM type Fixed 27MHz (not designed for servo use, and NO CRYSTAL)

Its strange, how could u connect those RCcar/boat radio to special receiver in that car?

IMO your case is mostly electronic problem,
Would you please post the picture of the servo, receiver, ESC inside your hummer?
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #23
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

After reading some of these posts, I understand why people see us as "elitist jerks".

We have the opportunity to show a guy the way into this hobby, and what do we do? I think you know what we did. Yes, I do mean we.
Phatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
After reading some of these posts, I understand why people see us as "elitist jerks".

We have the opportunity to show a guy the way into this hobby, and what do we do? I think you know what we did. Yes, I do mean we.

we
, speak for yourself buddy I gave him straight forward advice without insulting the guy. I suggest you be more carefull next time with your comments.
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #25
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR

we
, speak for yourself buddy I gave him straight forward advice without insulting the guy. I suggest you be more carefull next time with your comments.

Do you really think that guy is gonna walk away thinking, "man, those guys were d!cks, except that one dude"??? I doubt it. Futureal and Chad Capece were the only ones to stand up for him.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was just cracking a funny...the other guys were dicks...

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #27
Tech Master

On 2nd thought...maybe I coulda been nicer...

-Me
Old 01-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #28
Suspended

I forgive ya'. Everyone makes mistakes.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #29
Tech Master

I'm sorry Hummer dude!!! Come back!

-Me
Old 01-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #30
Tech Rookie

Code:
I ever seen those Hummer, it's kind of Quick Drive Toys that normally never have real RC servo, and the radio and receiver is simple AM type Fixed 27MHz (not designed for servo use, and NO CRYSTAL)
i replaced everything so it was like a proper car and it is but it keeps stopping after a few questions then reseting so if i have the throttle up it makes that the center.

i will try to get pics of the servos as they are right inside and it takes a long time to get it apart

sanwa i think is the make for the transmiter and servos.

i was short on money as i also baught a rc heli
kris1990 is offline   Reply With Quote