R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to odawg315

you can find xrays real cheap since they anounced the new one, and the xrays are great cars with awsome parts support down here, however...im one of very very few people in this area that run tamiya so i stocked up and parts that were supposed to break often, and it was all wasted money, after 6mnths and countless crash's the only thing i have ever broken was a tie rod, and lost a kingpin, who doesnt stock those. so if you get a tamiya and you need a part email me i got tons of spares collecting dust...LOL!
odawg315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Default On the Cyclone

I guess you didn't notice that my signature says HB Cyclone. Since I regularly race at the tracks that he is likely to run on I know what the parts situation is for it at these hobby shops. They do not stock parts for the Cyclone other than the parts that are shared with the Pro 4, and even they are few and far between. I am planning on getting a T2 and selling my Cyclones for this very reason. X-Ray parts are everywhere here in the Orlando area, AE and Losi follow in LHS support. As far as the Tamiya, I have never driven one but the only LHS I know of that stocks parts is Bob's and they aren't open on Sundays.
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

The Losi prior to the JRXS is reasonable too (XXX S). I would think you could find a clean rolling chassis for less than $100.

How much are you willing to spend?
onthegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr
I guess you didn't notice that my signature says HB Cyclone. Since I regularly race at the tracks that he is likely to run on I know what the parts situation is for it at these hobby shops. They do not stock parts for the Cyclone other than the parts that are shared with the Pro 4, and even they are few and far between. I am planning on getting a T2 and selling my Cyclones for this very reason. X-Ray parts are everywhere here in the Orlando area, AE and Losi follow in LHS support. As far as the Tamiya, I have never driven one but the only LHS I know of that stocks parts is Bob's and they aren't open on Sundays.
whats your point, i was agreeing with you about the xray, but if he wants a tamiya... well you read my post, i also race at those tracks on occasion.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Seth,

I have a FT TC4 roller with a LOT of spare parts and the VCS2 shock kit (already installed) for sale. Also have a FK05 roller for sale, only have a few spares for this one. I just saw your post and you're local, so you can have first dibs on either car before they go on ebay. Send me an email or PM if you are interested or contact Tim @ TQ Hobbies. We won't be here this weekend, we'll be in Tampa for the carpet race. Maybe we can arrange a day sometime next week or maybe this Sunday and meet at the store so you can take a look at both cars.

Joel
Sanabria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by odawg315
whats your point, i was agreeing with you about the xray, but if he wants a tamiya... well you read my post, i also race at those tracks on occasion.
Actually I was responding to the posting by lookinco.
After seeing Joels post Seth should definitely try to get that X-Ray since it was always a great car for Joel, and Joel has put in in the front of most races held at those tracks.
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

if you want an affordable FAST car just look into a USED AE TC3 or Losi XXXS G+...you can find them for under $100 USD usually with spare parts on this forum or sometimes on Ebay
Old 01-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrvr
Actually I was responding to the posting by lookinco.
oh, my bad, sorry
Old 01-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mostly I'm looking at new cars unless I can find someone selling a good car cheap at a track near me (unlikly). Superior carries some tamiya parts if you didn't know (they also have mini racing). The ta-05 looks very good for what I'm doing and more than likly I will race 19t to begin with and then move to mod motors because I like to always have extra speed for when I need it.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ok update, I'm now looking for a used car made by corally, ae, losi, or xray. Also I'm still trying to only spend about $150 for a roller. I would start in the 19t class also.
seth556 is offline   Reply With Quote