Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
YOKOMO Touring Car BD-8 >

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-8

Like Tree125Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-8

Old 07-21-2017, 06:37 AM
  #571  
Tech Initiate
 
Diavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 28
Default

SV Kit comes with aluminum bell cranks as well
Diavel is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:36 AM
  #572  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 57
Default

Originally Posted by Diavel
SV Kit comes with aluminum bell cranks as well
Do you have the SV kit. What are the part numbers for the belts. Are they standard to the bd8 or different. Asking as pulleys are bigger
Scott_83 is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 08:56 AM
  #573  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by Scott_83
Do you have the SV kit. What are the part numbers for the belts. Are they standard to the bd8 or different. Asking as pulleys are bigger
They are new belts.
BKUK is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 10:18 PM
  #574  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Whats a safe way to remove silicone oil from belts due to a leaky diff?

Water and soap? From my experience motor spray will make rubber/silicone swell so I'm avoiding to use that.

Thanks!
rc_square24 is offline  
Old 07-22-2017, 04:25 AM
  #575  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

water and soap seems to be the safest way.
Airwave is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 02:11 PM
  #576  
Tech Master
iTrader: (123)
 
tkge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default

Is the 40T stock conversion really worth the money for 17.5 racing? I see lots of setup sheets for in on PetitRc, but didnt really see a lot of feedback on here.
tkge is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 05:49 PM
  #577  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tkge
Is the 40T stock conversion really worth the money for 17.5 racing? I see lots of setup sheets for in on PetitRc, but didnt really see a lot of feedback on here.

I still cannot figure out why the front and rear crossbrace for bulkheads that are extended versions are not included. I don't care what the excuse is. Should be included both front and rear for like $100USD for the conversion instead of $60USD and then maybe like $30USD x 2 for the braces. Hopefully they are only $20USD each, but I doubt it.
190mph is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 PM
  #578  
Tech Master
iTrader: (123)
 
tkge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 190mph
I still cannot figure out why the front and rear crossbrace for bulkheads that are extended versions are not included. I don't care what the excuse is. Should be included both front and rear for like $100USD for the conversion instead of $60USD and then maybe like $30USD x 2 for the braces. Hopefully they are only $20USD each, but I doubt it.
Yeah I really don't care too much about the cost if the benefit is really worth it.
tkge is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 04:49 AM
  #579  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by 190mph
I still cannot figure out why the front and rear crossbrace for bulkheads that are extended versions are not included. I don't care what the excuse is. Should be included both front and rear for like $100USD for the conversion instead of $60USD and then maybe like $30USD x 2 for the braces. Hopefully they are only $20USD each, but I doubt it.
Really poor in my eyes.

I ended up getting them from banzai in Japan a lot cheaper than in UK.
BKUK is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 11:11 AM
  #580  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tkge
Yeah I really don't care too much about the cost if the benefit is really worth it.
It's worth it to me but i'm not sure if it's worth it for everyone else. Car is easier to drive now..without that said I have more consistent races.

Plus side I can now use my older diffs and drive train parts as well. I had issues with the 34T diffs in the past and never with 40T, with that said I have more confidence finishing a race.

If you ask me if it's worth it, I say hell yes. If costs isn't a factor try for yourself and post your results.

I commented earlier on the bulkhead shims on how you gotta line it up correctly, that's the most important part of the conversion.
b20btec is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM
  #581  
Tech Master
iTrader: (123)
 
tkge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,811
Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by b20btec
It's worth it to me but i'm not sure if it's worth it for everyone else. Car is easier to drive now..without that said I have more consistent races.

Plus side I can now use my older diffs and drive train parts as well. I had issues with the 34T diffs in the past and never with 40T, with that said I have more confidence finishing a race.

If you ask me if it's worth it, I say hell yes. If costs isn't a factor try for yourself and post your results.

I commented earlier on the bulkhead shims on how you gotta line it up correctly, that's the most important part of the conversion.
This is the info I was looking for. Thanks!
tkge is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 05:41 PM
  #582  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Djchow85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by b20btec
It's worth it to me but i'm not sure if it's worth it for everyone else. Car is easier to drive now..without that said I have more consistent races.

Plus side I can now use my older diffs and drive train parts as well. I had issues with the 34T diffs in the past and never with 40T, with that said I have more confidence finishing a race.

If you ask me if it's worth it, I say hell yes. If costs isn't a factor try for yourself and post your results.

I commented earlier on the bulkhead shims on how you gotta line it up correctly, that's the most important part of the conversion.
In what way was it not easier? Inconsistent, car more floaty and driving lines lacked consistency?

Do the bigger pulleys also provide more forward bite?
Djchow85 is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 07:04 PM
  #583  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
b20btec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugar Land
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Djchow85
In what way was it not easier? Inconsistent, car more floaty and driving lines lacked consistency?

Do the bigger pulleys also provide more forward bite?
Car was very darty and didn't roll as easy. I would have to say no, it wasn't much more noticeable when I ran it on asphalt.
b20btec is offline  
Old 07-29-2017, 10:17 AM
  #584  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
brad996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 427
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

what changes is everyone making to there cars after converting to the 40t kit. I ran mine last weekend and made no changes other than installing the kits and now the car want to oversteer on corner exit. It gets better later in the run. I forgot I did make one change I installed the 1 piece front/rear B mount. This is on gray ozite carpet
brad996 is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 11:10 PM
  #585  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 57
Default Rtc in blinky

Hi all. Has anyone tried the rtc in blinky?
Scott_83 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.