2016 On-Road Worlds - BEIJING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 On-Road Worlds - BEIJING

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

This sounds like every on-road/oval race day morning debate I have had in the past. Spray or no? What to Spray? Hot, cold? Heavy or Mist? Only do corners? Only the Line? Should we have done it the day before in the heat? Wait until the sun clears the trees so the track is warming? How long do we let it dry?

I'm glad our problems are the same. I almost feel qualified to host the WC.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:01 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Watching the day two traction issues/lap time fall off... Boy I'm happy I didnt go!
What a cluster.
I wonder why traction is so inconsistent from run to run when drivers put fresh tires on each time...
I dont think they are always running fresh tires. With the rule of having to use at least 10 run used tires in a few of the qualifers the drivers are practicing on used tires as well as new. Plus a lot of the guys running 2 cars are using them for 10 laps to make the tires used and have them marked for qualifying based on how the tires felt on the track in the CP's. Not a bad strategy. At least they will know the rerun tires are OK.

EA
Old 08-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Watching the day two traction issues/lap time fall off... Boy I'm happy I didnt go!
What a cluster.
I wonder why traction is so inconsistent from run to run when drivers put fresh tires on each time...
It's mainly due to the spraying and conditions.. as soon as the track got some heat in it traction came up.
It's not new tyres every run (they are controlled as to when you use new and old), and as EA says.. old is considered a 10lap used set. Plus the additive isn't great, and no warmers. So we are needing heat in the track to get going.. today looks better though, sun is already out.
Q2 is new tyres, then alternating for the rest of the day. But you get a choice of what set for the used runs.. so can use three run old if you really want!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
It's mainly due to the spraying and conditions.. as soon as the track got some heat in it traction came up.
It's not new tyres every run (they are controlled as to when you use new and old), and as EA says.. old is considered a 10lap used set. Plus the additive isn't great, and no warmers. So we are needing heat in the track to get going.. today looks better though, sun is already out.
Q2 is new tyres, then alternating for the rest of the day. But you get a choice of what set for the used runs.. so can use three run old if you really want!
good luck!
Old 08-27-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well done Ronald Volker.

Not sure what Bruno was thinking in A3. Turned into a hack when he lost the lead tapping a board I believe after the sweeper on the left side of the track on lap 1 when Volker slipped by him.

LiveRC needs to do some work on their feeds.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Congrats to Volker on capitalizing. I can't imagine Bruno's feelings right now. Had it completely locked up as the one to beat and then coughed it up. Poor guy must be gutted. Then in A3, what a melee in those first laps.

Not sure whats going on with liverc. Everytime we get to mains day it constantly has to buffer, even on Youtube. So i'm pretty sure its a on site problem with the local host not able to deal with the traffic. Hardware, net neutrality, traffic shaping.. who knows.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yokomo had balls, rolled the dice, and was in contention when it counted. Congrats Ronald. It took too long, you deserve it!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: Why so few north American mainly USA/Canada drivers at this event? Was it the travel or this race no longer as high a priority to some drivers as the iic snowbirds or Cleveland indoor? P.S. congrats to Volker on a long overdue world title. Thanks
Old 08-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey all: Why so few north American mainly USA/Canada drivers at this event? Was it the travel or this race no longer as high a priority to some drivers as the iic snowbirds or Cleveland indoor? P.S. congrats to Volker on a long overdue world title. Thanks
My guess is that North America is too concerned with stock racing, on super high grip tracks, 1/3rd the size of what most European/Asian racers run on.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
Well done Ronald Volker.

Not sure what Bruno was thinking in A3. Turned into a hack when he lost the lead tapping a board I believe after the sweeper on the left side of the track on lap 1 when Volker slipped by him.

LiveRC needs to do some work on their feeds.
Finally the title Volker deserved. Once again the IFMAR referee was [insert famous Raikonnen quote] and didn't see it and LiveRC just being consistent with past World Champ coverages.

Racing was great and so was the track, hoping more people see how fun RC racing is.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We are having issues getting attendance at our asphalt nationals. So.. Low worlds participation isn't a surprise.

I would of loved to go, just not enough vacation time. I went in 2014 but only for TC
Old 08-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We are having issues getting attendance at our asphalt nationals. So.. Low worlds participation isn't a surprise.

I would of loved to go, just not enough vacation time. I went in 2014 but only for TC
Are you coming to the Nat's?
Old 08-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey all: Why so few north American mainly USA/Canada drivers at this event? Was it the travel or this race no longer as high a priority to some drivers as the iic snowbirds or Cleveland indoor?
Cue massive "why is this happening??" thread...
Old 08-28-2016, 11:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Are you coming to the Nat's?
Yes

Originally Posted by robk
Cue massive "why is this happening??" thread...
Its starting Monday
Calling out everyone!
Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Vacation and expense. You're not going to get around the expense of going but I know that if I had the opportunity to go that I would have worried about using so much of my limited vacation time to go. Several of the people I know who do race outside have the same issue with large events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.