Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #91
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picco007
It looks like a schotky........
Yeah, it is a novak super schotky. I've found that when running 7x1 on carpet that it helps keep the speedo a little cooler.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #92
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Searles

I get tired of hearing this "old stuff" thing when it comes to Tekin. If you guys that bring this up would do some research, and give these products a shot, you would be changed. This is not dusted off 90's inventory, believe me. I have used many speedos, and they don't even come close to the smoothness and raw power of the new G11 Pro. As if that isn't enough, you also have the easiest programming in the business, no need for annoying external caps or motor diodes, and one heck of a customer service team! There is also something to be said for black & gold!! The Mini Rage is an all-new system, that is equally as impressive, and very powerful. Other new stuff includes the Battery Doctor discharge tray, and the upcoming Rage 1/10 brushless system, mini brushed esc, new charger line, and more. Enough of this old stuff thinking, give it a break!
Brian Searles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:05 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd like to say that even though I've posted some 'concerns' about Tekin coming back, that they have been backing up their words with HIGH PERFORMANCE in just a very short time...

So...to further foster the comeback of Team Tekin, I'm changing my signature to give some props to the new American company on the block.

USA USA USA!!!

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:32 AM   #94
Tech Fanatic

I've gone back to running Tekin exclusively,the new G-11 is just plain awesome.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:36 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

yes the staff an the products are definately second too none
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi

Anyone else find the case on their G11 did not fit properly? Just got one new and the botton half does not line up flush with top half. When you screw it down it gets a bend in it.

Thanks
SSS Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS Racing
Hi

Anyone else find the case on their G11 did not fit properly? Just got one new and the botton half does not line up flush with top half. When you screw it down it gets a bend in it.

Thanks
Nope...I'll take a look at mine tonite...I didn't know you "needed" to assemble the G11
Old 02-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #98
Tech Fanatic

I've got no problems with mine.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had the same, I think it was one wire mis-routed inside. But please don't go opening the case unless told specificaly to do so my Tekin. Please email customer service ([email protected]) with the problem, and they will tell you what you need to do.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #100
Team Tekin

Likely you have a tab on the side of the fet board that did not get removed. There are 4 tabs on the fet board from being in a panel that need to be completely removed so the edges are smooth.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Likely you have a tab on the side of the fet board that did not get removed. There are 4 tabs on the fet board from being in a panel that need to be completely removed so the edges are smooth.

Tekin Prez
Thanks Prez and others,

I had a better look at it this morning. Could it be the upper board that has excess material on it? The bottom board, with the exposed fets appears fine, however looking at the case it is being pushed out about where the upper board would be inside the case.

Thanks
SSS Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a few questions here on my G11 PRO+:

1: What do I have to do or use to make this speedo stop glitching my receiver in my RDX? I have my receiver mounted up on top of the servo for now, but it still glitches a little (not as bad as when the reciver was next to the speedo). I was told to get some foil stuff for it , but have not clue what it is and where to get some. I know it is not the reciver because I was using a Quantum in which the G11 PRO+ replaced.

2: Do most people use a capacitor or not with their speedo running stock/mod? If so what size is normal for stock?

I like the feel the speedo gives, but not the glitches. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:19 AM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Get the RX off the ESC! no caps needed with this ESC.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sometimes it can be the chassis itself causing the interference, old school trick is to bond the top deck to the chassis using an earthing strap (Peice of wire with two crimped eyelets, one on each end, so there is no potential difference between the top and bottom deck).

Also, you could look at, when you mount the ESC, put a strip of double sided tape on the ESC, peel it back, put some cooking foil, then another peice of double sided tape before sticking it down.

Glitching/interference can be a real mare and all of a sudden, go for no apparent reason.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #105
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I appreciate the advise, I will give that a try. I never even had the receiver touching the speedo. A friend of mine told me since the fets are open at the bottom that I might picking up alot of noise from it. Makes sense! Thanks!
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote