R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Great news for all long-time HPI Racing fans (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/953802-great-news-all-long-time-hpi-racing-fans.html)

wwddww34 07-24-2016 11:38 PM

Great news for all long-time HPI Racing fans

I know there are many people out there on RCtech who, just like me, got started in on-road RC car racing with HPI Racing. My first ever RC car was a RS4 Pro 2. That car worked great and I became a die-hard HPI Racing fan.

Here's a great letter from Ripmax (the new owners of HPI Racing):
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...r-hpi-fans.png

Dan 07-24-2016 11:50 PM

Great news, I want to see them succeed after being mismanaged for some years. I grew up on Tamiya and HPI as a kid.

vivo quevas 07-25-2016 05:38 AM

Afted reading that it seems like it will take a while before they will have production up and rolling. This makes the lack of tires al bad situation. I hope this tire problem will be solved soon my front tires are way past shot. It is going to start to effect racing.

Billy Kelly 07-25-2016 05:49 AM

Hobby store got this a couple weeks ago. They bought a company that was in really bad shape. All but left for dead by previous owners. From what store said after talking to the new reps at the HobbyTown convention was minimum 6 months before things start moving again.

dawgmeat 07-25-2016 06:04 AM

That Porsche 911 GT1 can't get here fast enough

DARKSIDE 07-25-2016 07:00 AM

Im sure plenty of HPI VTA tires and rims are out there....if your online store is out of stock...plenty of tracks and local hobby shops should have them...

I just got 12 sets of tires and rims for the Pro VTA class being raced at the 2016 USVTA Southern Nationals...you just have to check around a little...

also if some have extras in stock or not using...post up

vivo quevas 07-25-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 14612790)
Im sure plenty of HPI VTA tires and rims are out there....if your online store is out of stock...plenty of tracks and local hobby shops should have them...

I just got 12 sets of tires and rims for the Pro VTA class being raced at the 2016 USVTA Southern Nationals...you just have to check around a little...

My lhs is a hobbytown they cant get them Tower, Amain, TQ. Doesnt have them . So if you can point me in a better direction im all eyes on that. Amain has rears but i need fronts and it still is going to be months before there will be shortage of tire soon as i perceive there is a shortage now!

dave-man 07-25-2016 07:41 AM

Per RobK - Just so you guys know, there is a company working on a tire right now. That's all I can say.

I wonder if there are tire changes in the future as well?

vivo quevas 07-25-2016 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 14612790)

I just did a Google search on hpi 4793 tires tried 5 of the main online sellers and they are out of stock on front tires. If you have a source let us know i will bet they will be out of stock quickly.
I hope that new mfg gets those tire out soon.

dave-man 07-25-2016 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 14612848)
I just did a Google search on hpi 4793 tires tried 5 of the main online sellers and they are out of stock on front tires. If you have a source let us know i will bet they will be out of stock quickly.
I hope that new mfg gets those tire out soon.

Amazon had two sets of fronts last time I checked.

racenut123 07-25-2016 09:05 AM

Try harder Vivo....ebay has some too.

skater-deez1 07-25-2016 09:28 AM

VTA tires

I have 4 sets 2 on black wheels that are pretty much brand new, 1 set on black that the fronts are worn and one set on chrome wheels again fronts worn. If anybody wants them all pm me. I've acquired them but never have or will run vta so let me know if interested.:nod:

eR1c 07-25-2016 09:57 AM

This is encouraging news,
I used to love HPI as a kid. Really lost interest and was let down w/ their products over the last decade. Hoping HPI can find their way again and make some quality kits.

vivo quevas 07-25-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by racenut123 (Post 14612944)
Try harder Vivo....ebay has some too.

Yes ebay has them in Europe $9 shipping. Come on man!!! Plenty of tires in Europe where they dont race VTA as much as we do here in the US.
Amazon has one set and i bought them .
Im not polyanna im realistic about the tire shortage. Ohh yea ammazon has 2 mors sets 49.98
Love racing but my willingness to spendonly goes so far.

SWTour 07-28-2016 03:23 AM

Amazon is showing (7) sets of FRONT VTA tires from Dollar Hobbyz (never used them, no idea how they are to deal with)

https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...b3&oe=579C8365