Wiki Posts
Search

Old School speed control, motor questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Old School speed control, motor questions

Hey guys i have some questions, a buddy of mine went into a storage place and got a couple speedos and a few motors.
the speedos are as follows

Tekin TSC 411P
Tekin Sport TSC 408
Team Novak T-4

And the motors say the following on the labels

team losi "Double Trouble" outlaw stock
Pocket Rocket <--Thats all it says, label is hot pink in color
Kyosho Le Mans 240ST

Can anyone tell me any info on these, COuld he put them in a car and be competitive or are they too outdated, He says the guy put them in there about 10 years ago. Any info would be nice. I can add pics if needed
Old 12-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My first speedy was a Novak t4. When you dumped the T4 would make the car go around in circles at full speed. Lots of fun.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

the pocket rocket was a 19 turn ballbearing motor made by twister.it was a good motor kind of of the start of the 19 turn class of today.back in the day twister was one of the top motors.is it really that long ago?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James605
Hey guys i have some questions, a buddy of mine went into a storage place and got a couple speedos and a few motors.
the speedos are as follows

Tekin TSC 411P
Tekin Sport TSC 408
Team Novak T-4

And the motors say the following on the labels

team losi "Double Trouble" outlaw stock
Pocket Rocket <--Thats all it says, label is hot pink in color
Kyosho Le Mans 240ST

Can anyone tell me any info on these, COuld he put them in a car and be competitive or are they too outdated, He says the guy put them in there about 10 years ago. Any info would be nice. I can add pics if needed
Competitive...? Hardly....RC racing is just like any racing....race against skill, $$$$ and most important, Technology...........
I dropped out RC for awhile while i was in College......when I am back (6 years after)....I did not even know a Radio like Futaba 3PK has so many function that can actually change a BAD driver to a average driver....but simply setup a profile on the radio and will make ppl (me) drive like a average racer..........

Keep those item as a collection, and buy the new things...........10 years is a long time in RC, my first speedo was a TEKIN gold ESC....I still have a Tekin charger that is not working. And I had my first mod motor....AIR SUPPLY and Check point GOLD......talk about OLDIE.