R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree31Likes

Old 08-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use a PFM-10. Fits like it was made for the car......

I have not tried the Cadillac yet, I have one coming. I will try to get it mounted and report back.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #62
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfle98 View Post
Well it looks like the new Protoform Caddy body does not fit without serious bumper modification and body post relocation. What body's fit without hacking up my chassis ? What is that body Mr. Dumper is using ? Looks like it fits well !
Thanks
John
Hi John,

I agreed with you that the new Protoform Cadillac ATS-VR 200mm body is not perfect. But, the foam bumper modification (some minor shaping) and body posts relocation (a little back) do not hit me as being "serious" issues.

The really good thing about this new Caddy body is that it does have the width (almost 8") at the wheel wells to accommodate the rear width of the new R/T car I am building (being about 7-3/4" wide with the CRC pre-mount spec tires on a standard built rear axle assembly).

So, I am still considering this body for my IIC car which will be required to use CRC pre-mounts having the CRC logo towards the outside (making the car slightly wider than when the tires are reversed on the wheels as some racers may have glued up previously).

Otherwise, the HPI Porsche GT1 200mm body with about 7-7/8" width at the rear wheel wells seemed to be an excellent body for WGT R/T. But, that body does not appear to be available at this time. Dang!

Please keep posting with your observations...made me check the Caddy body fitment more thoroughly...which was a good exercise!

Thanks.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #63
Tech Master

My Cadillac showed up today and I have done a quick cut out to eyeball up the mounting. It looks like you will have to shape the foam bumper in order to get the body to sit back further and the front body post location will have to change to one of the other screw locations. I don't think it will be too bad to get the body very close to centered in the wheel wells. Getting it perfect will take more time and more work.

But, man is this body good looking.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
Old 08-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumper View Post
My Cadillac showed up today and I have done a quick cut out to eyeball up the mounting. It looks like you will have to shape the foam bumper in order to get the body to sit back further and the front body post location will have to change to one of the other screw locations. I don't think it will be too bad to get the body very close to centered in the wheel wells. Getting it perfect will take more time and more work.

But, man is this body good looking.
I hope you will post a pic. when it's ready to race.
TOM MAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:32 AM   #65
Tech Initiate

Hi

i just bought and build my GenX 10 R/T

And i need a little bit of your help.

Can someone tell me or post some picture of this car with 2S setup ?

I think red aluminium parts under top carbon plate are too short and my 2S lipo can't go under
m4rmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

Absolutely. This car is design for 1s...

You can find 25mm aluminum standoff on ebay...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #67
Tech Initiate

Thanks a lot.

on their website they said:
*** Multiple battery positions and configurations; 1s inline, transverse, forward, middle and back. 2s shorty, saddle, square and full 2s stick. The Gen-X 10 R/T has provisions to accept all these different configurations

that's why i was searching if i didn't forget something.

Thanks one more time
m4rmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ride Height...

Gents,

Dig the new kit, and I've read everything from page one.

What are most finding best for front 5mm+/- ride height? Are you removing the stepped white spacer on the kingpin or combining 4mm and 3mm blocks?

Dumper talked about running the 5mm block with one of the #4262 shims...is that with the stepped white spacer or without?

Some have been running the chassis long enough, I would guess, to determine what's best.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Gents,

What are most finding best for front 5mm+/- ride height? Are you removing the stepped white spacer on the kingpin or combining 4mm and 3mm blocks?

Dumper talked about running the 5mm block with one of the #4262 shims...is that with the stepped white spacer or without?

Some have been running the chassis long enough, I would guess, to determine what's best.
Ride Height is over rated.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got my Caddy mounted. Now all I have to do is paint it. I also had to reshape the foam bumper and move the front body mounts. I'll try it out this sunday.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:46 PM   #71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Gents,

Yep. The 5mm block and an orange #4262 shim should get you close. I use the stepped white spacer; but, not everyone does. Depends as much on how far you screw the king pin into the steering block too.

Bill
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #72
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rmot View Post
Hi

i just bought and build my GenX 10 R/T

And i need a little bit of your help.

Can someone tell me or post some picture of this car with 2S setup ?

I think red aluminium parts under top carbon plate are too short and my 2S lipo can't go under
All you need is 1 package of our 1537 standoffs to fit a 2s battery.

Brian
Old 10-19-2016, 07:24 AM   #73
Tech Master

Quote:
Gents,

In stock configuration (using the white spacer), all you should need is the 5mm block and an orange ride height shim. Leave the kingpins long enough so they almost hit the front rim.

Brian
Old 10-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #74
Tech Master

Gen X 10 R/T Wins the IIC in Vegas!

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rticle&sid=219
Old 10-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #75
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've run 1/2" screws on the front of the lower suspension mount and plate instead of the stock screws. Once the nut is run down, there is plenty of room to thread the body post on and provide an alternate location for the posts. This puts the posts right at the leading edge of the front tires and should place the mounting holes onto the hood of most shells.