Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Breitling
Dude, Drift box has been out for 6-7 years......... it does work.
it's new to me...so i'm wondering if that's whats in all those kewl drift cars that i see on utube???

way kewl!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah, a lot of people use Dbox and claim that they dont....
Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my original question relates to tire compound. I have only ever drifted on plastic.... but the car goes too slow.... what tires should I use that arent plastic?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys.

I would like to know if someone can assist me with drifting concours rules and points sheets.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Please Help

im lookin for mr4tc rear diff and or outdrives. need em to finish up street racers im building to get my kids into RC.
These are supposed to be for Christmas, (3 kids, 3 matched cars). it would be a life saver if i can get the parts.
Happy Hollidays
Old 12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IvVaum
wow...does that drift box assistance thingy really work?...i mean...i see the video..but...do i really believe it?...can someone confirm that this drift box thingy work?...how does it do it?...does it just automatically control the servos?...
you don't need that drift box...it all comes down to practice..now, i'm not a pro or anything..but only gotten back into hobby after being away for over 15 years...got a Slash 4x4 and now 2 onroad...3Racing Sakura Zero S modded for drifting and a 3Racing Sakura D3 CS (which is front motor, killer price on a specific drift chassis) and is CS (counter steered out of the box)
practice, practice, practice...no need for d-box
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eunique
you don't need that drift box...it all comes down to practice..now, i'm not a pro or anything..but only gotten back into hobby after being away for over 15 years...got a Slash 4x4 and now 2 onroad...3Racing Sakura Zero S modded for drifting and a 3Racing Sakura D3 CS (which is front motor, killer price on a specific drift chassis) and is CS (counter steered out of the box)
practice, practice, practice...no need for d-box
Can you explain "counter steer"? I know it (and use it) as a driving technique/skill in the real world, steer into your skid/slide, keep front wheels pointed where you wana go and the rest of the car will follow.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone help me
i have a hpi e10 drift and i love using it around the neighborhood and on our local track but im looking for something with a little more customization support and power what would you guys recommend?
Thanks,
Todd Jr
Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

alright guys...i'm gonna pull the trigger on getting a "drift" car...and was wondering if u guys can chime in on which one to get...

it seems i've narrowed my choices to two cars...the top photon ex and the tc6.1 worlds edition...i'm leaning towards the top photon ex...just because "package" wise...it's got a little better components on it...(aluminum hubs n carriers)...price wise...they are about the same ~250~300 for rolling chassis...

so my question is...which one is better for "drifting"...which one is easier to work on...which one has a wider turning radius?...etc...

can those of u who has own both...chime in?...i'm certain i can't go wrong with choosing either...but i still want to hear from u guys...thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got the new e10 s13, perfect starter car
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

just looked up what an e10 s13 is...sometimes...u guys speak some of the weirdest languages ever...

HPI E10 drift car...got it...was on their site and they have a video of some japanese kid wearing a supposed fire proof "racing" outfit...i'm going like...wtf...he's a freaking RC driver...that was kinda lame...but of course...i didn't watch the clip so....watever....

i'm one of those idiots who has to have at least something unique and different about his car...and that hpi e10 just doesn't make me go wow...i'm sure it's quite a capable car...but it seems hpi is going the way of traxxas...make it cheap and make it for the masses...
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo scorpion
Can you explain "counter steer"? I know it (and use it) as a driving technique/skill in the real world, steer into your skid/slide, keep front wheels pointed where you wana go and the rest of the car will follow.
Counter steer is when the rear tires are geared faster than the front. So 1.5 cs means the rear tires spin 1 and a half times when the front spins one revolution. It makes it easier for drifting because the back ends wants to spin out cause its faster than the front. Once people get good at 50/50 they usually cs there cars to do longer drifts and tighter tracks.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Badcompny44
Counter steer is when the rear tires are geared faster than the front. So 1.5 cs means the rear tires spin 1 and a half times when the front spins one revolution. It makes it easier for drifting because the back ends wants to spin out cause its faster than the front. Once people get good at 50/50 they usually cs there cars to do longer drifts and tighter tracks.
thank you...finally a decent answer...

getting information from you drifters is like pulling teeth...

can someone do a drifting for dummies FYI thread...with all the ins and outs...the concept...the holy grail set up...the what to look for...the gotta haves...etc...i swear...getting information about this hobby is almost impossible...

i go on driftmission and he shows a bunch of cool cars...and then that's it...i see a bunch of dift forums but read through there and was very little info...didn't want to join yet another forum...saw a few japanese site...translated it over to english...and it made no sense...

so please...can the gurus please step up and dispense some knowledge to us newbies?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All the cars are MST on the video.
Pro, fs, and Vip's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWWRf...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by nos4you; 12-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ask away just found this thread and will check in periodically. Drifting is what got me into rc and now I race sc and am about to get an 1/8 scale buggy to race also. But a drifter at heart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.