Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yupp i order from them all the time
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S

Challenge Accepted...

(old picture, new pictures on previous page), 13mm offset rims (10mm +3mm spacers on wheel hub)- and still rubbing the dampers (using square 55 - 60 degree universals but still get lots of chatter)

Last edited by DORIYAA!; 04-28-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Error
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

That's sick
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow, thats some crazy angle!
Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Finally found a drifting thread!! WOOT!! New to the RC drift world. Have had my car for about 3 months now. I spend my sundays at my local hobby shop drifting my 1/10 car on a track built for 1/12 cars hahaha. Anybody in the phoenix, AZ area?
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DORIYAA!
Challenge Accepted...

(old picture, new pictures on previous page), 13mm offset rims (10mm +3mm spacers on wheel hub)- and still rubbing the dampers (using square 55 - 60 degree universals but still get lots of chatter)

Nice long(and barely usable) range of motion. he is looking for a part, not a picture. Challenge failed. By the time you counter steer to make a transition, youre talking about nearly half a second... Sure, it looks pretty (if done correctly and dedication is taken to learn(which 99.9% of drifters arent interested) it is just fustrating.

THIS is what you are looking for:

It will reduce ackerman, but you will also need high-angle axles.

Go to http://www.broadtech.hk/eagleshop/sh...ed%20Arm%20set

Choose your legnth. Make sure the distance between your 2 holes on your front upright is the same as a TA05. If not, modding may be required.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Do you CS drift? Normal 4wd doesn't require much steering input, but with rear overdriven drift, that split second makes or breaks maintaining the angle from spinning out. Don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
Nice long(and barely usable) range of motion. he is looking for a part, not a picture. Challenge failed. By the time you counter steer to make a transition, youre talking about nearly half a second... Sure, it looks pretty (if done correctly and dedication is taken to learn(which 99.9% of drifters arent interested) it is just fustrating.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

@silverhkswrx
i was refering to serpentct4s's photo of his eagle racing steering lock - i did not see the quote i had quoted was already quoted (inception) haha my mistake

@Turbolard
I do cs drift (currently at 82% but was at 180%,172%,125%,116%,110% then 92%) i find that on larger tracks i tend to use more steering (about 50 deg) and more throttle so yes - i do use this steering for more than "half a second"...

Not full lock but yeah - 5+ metre sweeper and the steering becomes handy (old picture @ 116% cs)

Last edited by DORIYAA!; 04-28-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TubOLard
Do you CS drift? Normal 4wd doesn't require much steering input, but with rear overdriven drift, that split second makes or breaks maintaining the angle from spinning out. Don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.
I have been RCDrifting since '03 and Racing RcCars since I was 10ish(I am now 30). I also majored in physics for 4 years before changing my major. Yeah, i have SOME experience.

I did counter steer a few years ago on my Rayspeed-yokomo MR4TC SD. which was more of a 2:1 ratio. The body below was made well before HPI started making the mustang, and I sold the body with fnctional LEDs for turning, braking, and adjustable strobe(thanks to an electrical engineering class I took). The body/led's sold for $125.

I ended up changing it back to stock. (as I mentioned earlier) It sure is pretty, but those who spend $200 converting it, seem to be less excited to drift it. They just spend the money then sell the car. I built it, raced it in the US (cali and FL) and Japan and Sold the chassis and all electronics when I was in Japan. When it was in my posession, I drifted it non countersteer and countersteer. Countersteer is just for higher angles and looks, non countersteer I was able to go to a 5.25 FDR and hit sweeping angles and no one could keep up with. It all depends on your driving style.

Its just too many are interested in saying "I have a CS tc" and not saying "I can drift my countersteer'd TC"

Btw: I STILL drift. I still prefer against CS because of the lack of speed and the high speed transitions that take 10x more skill to master than CS

your "argument" regarding that extra time needed to drift is nothing when compared to high speed drifts.

With enough power, speed and control(i.e Skill) you can pull the same angles in a non-CS car. run a 7.5R boosted and timing turned way down geared at around 6 non countersteer and you tell me about split second changes when you need to transition from a high speed bankto a 180* hairpin when you're approaching it at 30mph-on t-drifts.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Defensive much? LMAO. You gave up cs, cause you couldn't hack it. CS cars can hang with 4wd cars all day. If you can't do it right, it must not be possible right? Nobody cares about your physics major when you can't even apply the concepts.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TubOLard
Defensive much? LMAO. You gave up cs, cause you couldn't hack it. CS cars can hang with 4wd cars all day. If you can't do it right, it must not be possible right? Nobody cares about your physics major when you can't even apply the concepts.
You serious? I still drift from time to time, trust me, I could hack it. Hack it so much I was sent to Cali and Japan to do it... First, if you knew anything, racing is pure physics. Second, I tried it. I didn't like it. It was just for style. I prefer the thrill of high speed tandems, not "who looks better"

Your bla bla bla comment shows not only your immaturity but also ignorance. Step up to my level, then talk.

Who are readers going to believe an immature child that bashes other people or an experienced racer that provides applicable feedback? Not to mention the picture of your extreme turning angles prove your skill and knowledge.
Go back on csjunkies and read tutorials on how to do something instead of trial and error, and dare I say learning....
Old 04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

so what do ya want a biscuit? you're so great, I want to be just like you
Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

All the bs aside, I'll stick to the topic at hand. You made a silly comment about unnecessary steering throw for cs drifting. Just that comment alone shows your lack of knowledge/experience in CS. You may not use full throw all the time, but they're necessary for certain situations. Does that mean, you don't need it? No. You seem to be a very insecure person, spewing about yourself every chance you get. Who cares about readers' acceptance. Only feedbacks I value are from those who matter. You're certainly not an authority in cs drifting. You don't know anything about me, so keep talking shit. Or rather, keep talking about yourself.

Last edited by TubOLard; 04-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

What would be bette for drifting and CS mod. a sakura zero s chassis or an hpi sprint 2 chassis?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
an immature child that bashes other people or an experienced racer that provides applicable feedback? Not to mention the picture of your extreme turning angles prove your skill and knowledge.
Go back on csjunkies and read tutorials on how to do something instead of trial and error, and dare I say learning....
HOLD UP. Was that aimed at me? i wouldn't have posted that picture if i had foreseen that you might have got so wound up.....

Red Toyota jzx100 and gunmetal Nissan R32.... Tandem + med speed drifting @ 82%

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.