R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #2116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
wow that thing is sick! stop trying to shove ideas at me, I already have too many on my to do list!

then you dont want to see the other 30 builds im doing
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #2117
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
then you dont want to see the other 30 builds im doing
WHAT?? are they all rc related?
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #2118
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
WHAT?? are they all rc related?
you got it 10 of them are drifters
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #2119
Tech Adept

Quote:
you got it 10 of them are drifters
man that's crazy!! I have a mix of rc and 1:1 stuff. Motorcycles, etc......
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #2120
Tech Master

hey build custom cars on top of this too i can only do this as i am hobby shop and indoor rc race track owner
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #2121
Tech Adept

Quote:
hey build custom cars on top of this too i can only do this as i am hobby shop and indoor rc race track owner
That's crazy. a true enthusiast!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #2122
Tech Apprentice

Hey all. I'm getting a Team Magic E4D MF Pro in a week to replace my sprint 2 flux. Anyone got any feedback on the E4D MF?
It looks awesome, I'm just wondering if there's anything that needs to be done or fixed during the build.
Any recommendations on Motor ESC combo?
BenV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #2123
Tech Apprentice

Hey all. I'm getting a Team Magic E4D MF Pro in a week to replace my sprint 2 flux. Anyone got any feedback on the E4D MF?
It looks awesome, I'm just wondering if there's anything that needs to be done or fixed during the build.
BenV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #2124
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i like the MST FS01D better, it's simpler and easier to maintain. you can check out the some articles here ... http://driftculture110.com

but what i actually ordered is the retail version of the MST XXX chassis. the ViP chassis is too rich for my blood. hopefully this is released this month as planned.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #2125
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenV.2 View Post
i own one and i love it very easy to tune and its not that bad to work on and can be setup any way you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlozity View Post
i like the MST FS01D better, it's simpler and easier to maintain. you can check out the some articles here ... http://driftculture110.com

but what i actually ordered is the retail version of the MST XXX chassis. the ViP chassis is too rich for my blood. hopefully this is released this month as planned.
out of all my drift cars my MST fs-01d red is my best drift car i have
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #2126
Tech Regular

so I have a sprint 2 drift right now

looking to upgrade chassis to something that was a little more purpose built instead of just throwing drift tires on a touring car.

what has my interest the most is the team magic E4D MF PRO.

ive also looked at the TC-FD and the VDF2

but the E4D seems like it has parts galore on a main and looks solid.

overall how do the 3 chassis compete with one another, will I notice a big enough difference in switching from the sprint 2 drift to a E4D mf pro to justify spending the coin?
Mini 8ight\Castle\Hitech\Proline
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #2127
Tech Rookie

Yo, I'm new around here but not really completely new to drifting. My earliest drifting was on an AWD XMod back when those things were new, obviously nothing technical, and then some playing around with a Drift King a couple years later. After that I ended up getting pretty involved with a local Mini-Z scene and have done my share of both racing and drifting those various chassis. I've always wanted to have a nice 1/10 drifter, and definitely want to get into CS drifting (had trouble finding the appropriate parts for a CS setup on my MA010). The smaller stuff can do alright with some modification but from my limited hands on experience with larger drift cars they're far more cooperative and enjoyable.

I was all excited about the 3Racing Sakura D3 CS, but the more I hear about it the more it seems to just sort of fall apart...I know the belt tension is a pretty easy fix but people seem to be having trouble with the CVDs self destructing now and someone thinks his belt drive posts may be torquing under load.

I'm wondering if the car is really worth it or if there's a close alternative I should be looking into...I think I'd like something a little more specialized than a S2D or TT01, but I'm not really ready to drop $400 on a roller alone. Also I really do like the design concept of the D3, with the front mounted motor, so I dunno. Should I just go for it and plan to be investing in upgrade parts or is there a better, more hassle-free kit I should look into without having to spend a great deal more?

Ideally I want something that's relatively pain free to set up and is ready for CS drifting right off the bat (even if it meant a 50/50 kit as long as as CS gears could be easily ordered alongside it). I'd also like something I can run outdoors without feeling guilty about beating up the frame and everything, there are some interesting parking lots and sidewalks around here with lines I'd like to play with. Like I said, I really do like the looks of the D3 from a design standpoint, but I'm much more interested in driving than modding and repairing things constantly.
deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #2128
Tech Adept

For a Mini-Z CS setup, the easiest thing to do is cut the front tires down.

I don't know how reliable or tough the chassis is but the new 3Racing CS car looks like the absolute bomb. I myself picked up an XV01 and while I haven't fit a CS ratio on the rear end yet (can probably outfit a pulley from a TA05 or something) the chassis balance with the front motor and mid-mounted battery/ESC/servo is perfect for drift. Since it's also a rally car it's bulletproof, just needs cleaning and oiling. Can't go wrong man, front-motor is the easiest way to get realistic, balanced handling.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #2129
Tech Rookie

Ooh that XV01 looks nice and robust, it is considerably more than the Sakura but then again I don't know how much I'll have to put into upgrading it. With the front engine it's definitely something I'll consider, though it does look a bit heavier overall so I'm thinking the weight might not be as front biased as it is on the Sakura by the time it's all said and done? Then again the Sakura mounts the battery at the rear.

I've seen a lot of people mention belts being something of an issue running outdoors, I see all the belts are nice and protected on that one. Is this something I'll really need to worry about running in parking lots/sidewalks or does it only become a big issue with offroad stuff? The other thing I'm paranoid about is replacement belts...is everything like that usually proprietary to its kit?
deca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #2130
Tech Regular

ive ran my sprint 2 drift outdoors for a while, i bought replacement belts for fear of wearing them out like you mention.

i havent had to replace one yet, basically if you run on smooth blacktop or concrete your fine just dont try to take it off roading.

that being said im VERY interested in the Team Magic E4D MF pro, anyone got any experience with them? seen one in person? hows the build quality?
Mini 8ight\Castle\Hitech\Proline
Lucid is offline   Reply With Quote