R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #106
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

I'm not sure--I quit racing for, oh, 12 years in 1992 and lost touch with Del. Shame on me. I know he was always mystified that the MicroZeta didn't sell better as it was clear to him he offered (at the time) a superior product. Unfortunately, then as now, RC buyers tend to be very sheep-like in their habits...if BIG Name Racer wins with a certain product they all run out and buy it thinking they'll win too. Never mind BIG Name Racer likely could have won with a box full of stones, wire, and a switch . Del never had a supported driver (even I wasn't allowed to say I was "sponsored" by him...and I'm smallest name driver on the BEST of my days) so he never had that marketing boost. Hopefully Tekin will be able to capitalize on securing the service of REALLY BIG Name Driver and succeed in the marketplace! I wish them VERY WELL as they are, in essence, the "home team" now.

I know the TurboZeta was selling well to the pulling crowd, but it may not have provided enough money to justify the time he was investing. This was also the lead-in to the '90's tech explosion in Seattle (world-wide too) and he likely was able to make HEAPS of money for his talents to be applied elsewhere.

I did a google search for him a couple months ago and it would appear he is still actively involved coaching girls soccer (football to you, eh?).

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for that info Scott. I have to say I totally agree with you on the "sheep-like habits" remark!! I was impressed when I saw the MicroZeta, but I only ever saw one, after that... nothing...

Developing competition ESC's is a very costly and time consuming business but at the same time it's also very rewarding.

... Girls Soccer, ah yes indeed we know it as football!!

Last edited by Terry_S; 01-05-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #108
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

OMG I almost forgot about them. I had a Zeta speed control and it worked flawlessly. It was ahead of its time thats for sure. Very easy to program.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #109
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatkat
Wurd. Wanna know why I don't have one?
I personally would never own one. My brother owns the Nano, but we can only expect a newer, smaller, higher capacity unit in another 4 months time. My girlfriend also owned the Mini version which conked out in the 6 months she had owned it for. She went back to the shop in which she got it from and complained and wanted a new one. They ended up giving her the newest (soon obsolete) 30GB version! I will continue to stand by my Sony Walkman.

What's your story?
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

The new IPod, while retaining its near to or same size of the current release, will be nothing but a vid screen and stylus device. I would be interested but feel the price may be $200 higher for expanded viewing real estate making it very pricey tune player. Reason for this version is to support the popular widesreen aspects of todays DVD's and growing popularity of the PSP offer.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And this has got what to do with the Dirtinator joining Tekin
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:20 AM   #112
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCadet
The new IPod, while retaining its near to or same size of the current release, will be nothing but a vid screen and stylus device. I would be interested but feel the price may be $200 higher for expanded viewing real estate making it very pricey tune player. Reason for this version is to support the popular widesreen aspects of todays DVD's and growing popularity of the PSP offer.

Maybe Tekin is going to make an Ipod specifically for Dirt..I heard he listens to music while racing..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I didn't go off-topic to begin with sloots, and yes, IPods are popping up in the pits more and more!

Ok,back on topic for the topic police.