R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i'd love to give the Tekin ESC's a try....hopefully they won't be dragging their feet on the smaller footprint ESC's...

That is the one and only drawback I can see...the footprint on the G11Pro is still larger than the Novak Cyclone...might be a little tricky shoe-horning it into some of the newer chassis designs...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I've seen the new G11 in all the newer cars and it seems to fit fine. With a new XRAY or Corally it would not extend out any further than the motor. I don't see the conflict. I plan to fit G11 Pros in both my RDXs. With my servo forward (between the arms) of my 12L4 I taped my G10 where the servo would normally sit. If the newer release is a tad smaller it would be a bonus.

Since the G10 release I have not had a problem with it. Tried the others and during a meet experience a problem then would have to switch back to the G10. I gave up trying the others after sending them in for service once or twice. I am ready to try another speedo, a G11 Pro!

Last edited by RCCadet; 12-28-2005 at 06:45 PM.
David Galdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCadet
I've seen the new G11 in all the newer cars and it seems to fit fine. With a new XRAY or Corally it would not extend out any further than the motor. I don't see the conflict. I plan to fit G11 Pros in both my RDXs. With my servo forward (between the arms) of my 12L4 I taped my G10 where the servo would normally sit. If the newer release is a tad smaller it would be a bonus.

Since the G10 release I have not had a problem with it. Tried the others and during a meet experience a problem then would have to switch back to the G10. I gave up trying the others after sending them in for service once or twice. I am ready to try another speedo, a G11 Pro!
I agree with you, there is a reason why everyone knows how good the Novak and Hitec customer service is. So many people have had ot use it.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #64
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Team Tekin, I was looking at the G11 pro as a replacement for my current esc. I was wanting to know for fact whether or not I need to run a shottky on the motor if I was running 7t motors using a fair amount of brakes and in fairly hot and humid conditions?
The G11pro does not ever need a motor diode. We do have a patented circuit that not only eliminates the need it also does a better job than a diode.... It also does some other cool stuff. Again we are a little bigger because we do it on the inside.....

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #65

Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
The G11pro does not ever need a motor diode. We do have a patented circuit that not only eliminates the need it also does a better job than a diode.... It also does some other cool stuff. Again we are a little bigger because we do it on the inside.....

Tekin Prez
*****Edited******Sorry Thats was a little too bad to leave up.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #66
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
I am willing to enjoy some laughs, but if you open yourself up to a technical discussion with me you better be educated and ready.

The G11 fets are hardly from the 90's... Look them up, price them out and try and buy a few. You will find they are current, expensive, hard to get and as good as they come in terms of specs. They were released in 2003 and not really available or affordable until 2005... Very freeeeesh components. People make to much of fet choices... it is the firmware and other circuits that really seperates the products. Anyone can buy a good fet... few can make a good speedo.

Tekin Prez

WILL SEE....I just dont see any body wanting a speedo that you started your racin back in the day..Ahole different look would be nice than the stock look of the 90s, however you package its still the tekin that you would give away to the kid that sucks at the track....well do you remember when you sent some speedos to hodapp they worked good for a few packs than blew up...I think dirt will blow some speedos up too..the novak stuff blows up too ive seen it all ...my ..02
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby J
WILL SEE....I just dont see any body wanting a speedo that you started your racin back in the day..Ahole different look would be nice than the stock look of the 90s, however you package its still the tekin that you would give away to the kid that sucks at the track....well do you remember when you sent some speedos to hodapp they worked good for a few packs than blew up...I think dirt will blow some speedos up too..the novak stuff blows up too ive seen it all ...my ..02
Thats not even worth .02 It hurt my head to read, I think you owe me money.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the patent number on the circuit?

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #69
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV
Thats not even worth .02 It hurt my head to read, I think you owe me money.
another dude swinging from Arron Youngs nuts ...nice try ...lmfao
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Good luck to Brian K. and Tekin, I'm glad that TEKIN is back since it has a nice feel to it at least my old tekin did and can't wait to try some of the new products.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Nevermind, I found 2 patents from Tekin in '91 and '98... Ahh the power of the internet hehe...

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:43 PM   #72
Team Tekin

Tekin actually has over a dozen active patents. This however was all about Brian Kinwald and maybe we should get back to that thought.

I would be happy to debate the G11 and discuss coming products in a general Tekin post. We welcome the chance to hear the good and the bad. We are all about breaking sheet and making it better.... gotta find the limits and then push a little.... Someone just needs to let me know it is there....

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am assuming that Brian is happy with the performance of the G11, when do you expect to see his first public outing with the G11 Jim?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:53 PM   #74
Tech Master

This is great for Tekin and BK, Congratulations to both Jim and Mr. Kinwald on their new relationship.

We wish you all the best and Good Luck at the races.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM   #75
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby J
another dude swinging from Arron Youngs nuts ...nice try ...lmfao
NICE!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote