R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Scooter are you living in Cali now ? I still have one of your motors. Todd was working for you. Wagon Hill Raceway in Pa. Your track. Those were good times. Good Luck with Tekin ! Still have a 112C that needs some love.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
I'm simply waiting for Tekin to prove to me that they'll stay around for good this time. I don't trust a company that just re-emerges from the grave and pedals rebadged / older products. Novak obviously destroyed Tekin back in the early 90's. Now they are simply re-releasing old product. That tells me that they lack certain production capabilities at the moment. Of course once they produce an all new charger with modern capabilities, I'll begin to look at Tekin as a serious competitor.

Just my opinion of course.
I think that you need to understand that Tekin was so far ahead of the competition when they went out of business the first time that it took the rest a couple of years to reach that same level of performance. I've not tried their new products, but will do so inthe future.
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #48
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Once you have the smaller new esc out I will immediately go out and order one and that can be banked on. I ran for Tekin back in the day I always liked Tekin products alot. The G-9 was my favorite but I like the programming of my G-10's. I will just sit back and see what happens the next few months and see what you guys bring out.

Brian is a great racer as everyone knows. I have not seen him race for sometime. I heard he was sick so if he is I hope it all gets straightened out for him and he can get back to racing. I will say he can do nothing but help you guys to sell products because he is a good guy.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:55 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default i agree with...........

I have used Tekin when i first started racing 15 years ago and they always FELT better. Those who ran them know what i mean. I would try novak stuff
but always go back to tekin.
Now I run novak. I will however run a tekin as soon as they come out with something smaller. Seen a g10/11 in a ta05...not a pretty site and as for the power cap issue ....at least it it is on a wire so you have some flexibility for placement. I KNOW that tekins new stuff will be great. And i will wait.
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #50
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I tried the orange brand one time. Bought a brand new Hammer Pro and put it in my truck. After one pack my truck took off full throttle. Reset everything and it woold work great for a minute or two and did the same thing.

I took it out of my car and made some fresh orange juice. I simply put the esc in my vice and closed it tightly. This solved my problem. I went back in my shop and bought a new Tekin and problem never happened again. I learned my lesson after that.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #51
Tech Initiate

I thought it was just ze french who used le Tekin

To be honest, I've not seen many go around the tracks, I knew they were a really good speed controller when I had a dip into buggies about 7 years ago, they just seemed to have faded away.
John_Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Scooter you have a PM

Scooter, please look at your PM box.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:05 PM   #53
Team Tekin

Tekins rise back to the top. ….. I can pump you up with hot air and marketing hoopla but honestly we like the show me attitude….. Enter BK! And few other pretty good drivers.

We are working on a smaller unit, but it will not be as small as most if we want to keep our extremely easy user program interface, buttons, solder post and patented circuits that eliminate the need for external components and provide that Tekin feel.

You can rest assured that a complete line of professional level race products consistent with Tekin’s expertise is in the works. We have no problem with earning your support and welcome the challenge.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #54
Team Tekin

A quick CAP comment… it does good things when right at the speedo, very little when dangling on short wires and less on longer wires. Its not that we do not need a cap, we just choose to put a very expensive, high quality cap on the inside rather than hang a .10 wart on the outside.

Size also comes down to cost and beef… There are 8 fets in a GTX, 12 in a KO VFs1 pro and 20 in a G11pro.

Tekin Prez
Old 12-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
A quick CAP comment… it does good things when right at the speedo, very little when dangling on short wires and less on longer wires. Its not that we do not need a cap, we just choose to put a very expensive, high quality cap on the inside rather than hang a .10 wart on the outside.

Size also comes down to cost and beef… There are 8 fets in a GTX, 12 in a KO VFs1 pro and 20 in a G11pro.

Tekin Prez

only the cheapest fets ...lol.....1990 wants there fets back tekin...lol
Bobby J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thankful

I am sooo happy Tekin is back. If racers would look at performance Tekin is where its at.

I am looking forward to Tekins future products!!

Congrats on signing BK!!
dasdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #57
Team Tekin

I am willing to enjoy some laughs, but if you open yourself up to a technical discussion with me you better be educated and ready.

The G11 fets are hardly from the 90's... Look them up, price them out and try and buy a few. You will find they are current, expensive, hard to get and as good as they come in terms of specs. They were released in 2003 and not really available or affordable until 2005... Very freeeeesh components. People make to much of fet choices... it is the firmware and other circuits that really seperates the products. Anyone can buy a good fet... few can make a good speedo.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 12-29-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Team Tekin, I was looking at the G11 pro as a replacement for my current esc. I was wanting to know for fact whether or not I need to run a shottky on the motor if I was running 7t motors using a fair amount of brakes and in fairly hot and humid conditions?
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:07 PM   #59
Tech Master

I loved and used Tekin receivers and speedos back in the day. They never gave me any problems. In fact, I had a couple of speedos from the early nineties that I used up until a few years ago. Any plans for fm micro receivers?
(978) 416-2572
Hyperform Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Team Tekin, I was looking at the G11 pro as a replacement for my current esc. I was wanting to know for fact whether or not I need to run a shottky on the motor if I was running 7t motors using a fair amount of brakes and in fairly hot and humid conditions?
No Need for a Shottky with Tekin speedos, that's another advantage they have over other speedos... It's all got to do with the patented circuit, blablabla i'm not gonna expand over this...

Prez I sent an email to sherri, quite urgent I don't know if she had a look yet (Fabien).

John : tiz not only ze french man zat says i waz on zi inside, i have heard ozer guyz saying it, so why would it only be zi french man to uze Tekin stuff ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote