Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Best upgrade for $150 >

Best upgrade for $150

Best upgrade for $150

Old 12-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

FrankW that was probably one of the most reasonable posts I have seen to a question about what upgrades do I need.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

I can look to spend about 200 now.

So I think Im going to go with the 27T motor, keep my stock ESC for now. Then just get a good set of tools, oils, springs, and anyother accessories that would come in helpful for keeping the car in good shape and racing good. Extra tires, maybe a nice new pack of cells.

Thanks for the help man. I should have thought of that too. Im going to go out and buy a nice rolling toolbox.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Michael,

I highly recommend you take a look at Bones Motorsports (http://www.bonesmotorsports.com/) for your new packs. Brent's packs are among the best. Good honest numbers at great prices. Don't be too concerend about getting packs with high numbers right now. IMO right now all would you need is fresh packs. The new IB3800 are awesome for run time. You would be better off getting two packs with lower numbers than you would be getting one race pack.

Bump
Old 12-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SpeedBump57: Thank you very much.

Michael: For a good pitbox take a look at the large Plano fishing/tackle boxes, the one's with the drawers. They are perfect for holding tools, spare parts, tires, batteries, motors, etc. They're about $35 at K-mart and worth every penny. I have a couple of them and I can't imagine racing without one.

http://www.planomolding.com/content/...=33&partid=175

I have the one shown in the link and it's great.

-Frank
Old 12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

go to the track and pay the track fee and get stick time and not a blue cool part
Old 12-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

ive been hitting the track everyday.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd say a nice stock motor and a steering servo with at least .10 speed.A nice variety of springs, oils and gear to tune and setup your tourer would also be great.A nice set of Hex and Nut drivers are something you will use every time you drive aswell.Just my .02.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Id have to sy look at getting a better radio with more adjustment.. rtr is a cheap radio right?? a radio is a must first upgrade..
Old 12-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For 150 bucks here's what I'd do......First: High quality servo. Second: Nice 27 turn stock motor for stock racing. If you still have some cash left then spend it on tires/wheels cause you'll go through those fast.

Your TC4's stock radio should be good to go till you get better and better at driving. When you decide to buy a radio system go all out and get the the good stuff. This way you can stick with it (learn it) and not keep changing your radio all the time. The good stuff new in stores mostly go for 250.00 or more. If you're lucky Ebay and this forum sometimes has deals.