R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #616
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidz
Just wanted to confim somthing if possible.
Am i able to run a race let it sit for 5-6m while i am marshalling then go back to my pit and just top it up strait away? Is there any time i need to wait before recharging eg cooling down ? So i would only really need 1 pack for one night

Thanks
Yes you can do this. In fact you can start charging right after pulling off the track if you like.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #617
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidz
Just wanted to confim somthing if possible.
Am i able to run a race let it sit for 5-6m while i am marshalling then go back to my pit and just top it up strait away? Is there any time i need to wait before recharging eg cooling down ? So i would only really need 1 pack for one night

Thanks
Just like Rick said you do not have to wait... Also something for you to think about. If this pack as a 1,000 cycle life, then I would not top it off all the time. For stock, I get about 23 mins, out of them, thus, I run 3 to 4 runs, at 5 mins each, then top it off. My thinking this is 4,000 runs out of pack, or 1,000 cycles... This is how I handle them today.. remember I new to these packs, so my advise may not be the best, it is why I have taken away from other on this form...
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:55 AM   #618
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmio
nimo

my HPI 10g pan car does not have any t bar but i am quite concern on whether the shock absorber will be high enough that it will provide ample clearance to battery. another thing, will the battery strap good enough to prevent the battery from going sideway?

anyhow, if you have a chance, post the picture of your F103. I am sure that I can learn a lot from it.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #619
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1
Default 16X8V6

Anyone using a Integy 16x8v6 charger for Li-Po's and what setting are you using, cell #, amps, Etc.?
havaclu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #620
TMS
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mckinney, TX
Posts: 11
Default

FMA direct sells an adapter for it's Scorpion 2sa charger specifically for the orion/peak lipo. It will balance and also fast charge at 20min. So 20 min. runtime (In Stock) and 20 min to charge, woo-hoo!
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #621
Tech Regular
 
lookinco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 257
Default

That is sweet! With the Scorpion charger, I could pretty much drive my car non-stop with two packs of Lipo!!!
lookinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:07 PM   #622
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS
FMA direct sells an adapter for it's Scorpion 2sa charger specifically for the orion/peak lipo. It will balance and also fast charge at 20min. So 20 min. runtime (In Stock) and 20 min to charge, woo-hoo!



http://www.fmadirect.com/Products.htm?cat=32&nid=24
vadn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #623
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: TEXAS. USA
Posts: 1,219
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Quote:
Just like Rick said you do not have to wait... Also something for you to think about. If this pack as a 1,000 cycle life, then I would not top it off all the time. For stock, I get about 23 mins, out of them, thus, I run 3 to 4 runs, at 5 mins each, then top it off. My thinking this is 4,000 runs out of pack, or 1,000 cycles... This is how I handle them today.. remember I new to these packs, so my advise may not be the best, it is why I have taken away from other on this form...
So, dose the Orion Platinum pack has a voltage cut off or can you run them down to dead without hurt'em??

Also, dose this plug work for an ICE charger (CCV charging)?
PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #624
Tech Elite
 
Turbo Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 4,878
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

You'll 100% notice when it dumps...it just tanks all of a sudden. Unless you keep going after it dumps, you're not going to hurt it.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #625
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Guys,

Finally ordered mine from www.rc-mushroom.com:

1 x Team Orion Platinum Edition 4800 Lipo Battery(TO-14000) = $123.00USD

Sub-Total: $123.00USD
Hong Kong Post, Express mail (Fastest Method): $19.64USD
Total: $142.64USD

Cheapest one I have seen.

Regarding Balancing the pack, can anyone explain it to me further or post a link as Im thinking of charging my pack individually every 5 cycles. Any help would be good.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z

Last edited by danjoy25; 05-08-2006 at 12:38 AM.
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #626
Tech Elite
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,085
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat
Default

battlepack.com has them for $110 plus shipping, picked up our last one for $115 shipped total via Priority Mail and had it in my hands in two days.
__________________
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life...
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 AM   #627
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25
Guys,

Finally ordered mine from www.rc-mushroom.com:

1 x Team Orion Platinum Edition 4800 Lipo Battery(TO-14000) = $123.00USD

Sub-Total: $123.00USD
Hong Kong Post, Express mail (Fastest Method): $19.64USD
Total: $142.64USD

Cheapest one I have seen.

Regarding Balancing the pack, can anyone explain it to me further or post a link as Im thinking of charging my pack individually every 5 cycles. Any help would be good.
See post 591 for a description of balancng this pack. Every five cycles is excessive.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #628
Suspended
 
McSmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Served Fresh Daily
Posts: 1,631
Rick,

Any thought to offering a different outer case where the lower half is 'scalloped' to look like the bottom of a 6-cell battery pack?

It would make fitting them in touring cars and some 4WD off-road cars a whole lot easier.

Just an idea.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #629
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Rick,

Any thought to offering a different outer case where the lower half is 'scalloped' to look like the bottom of a 6-cell battery pack?

It would make fitting them in touring cars and some 4WD off-road cars a whole lot easier.

Just an idea.
The problem is that when you add scallops, the overall height of the pack makes it impossible to fit in off road cars that do not have battery slots. Since the battery is not legal, we figured it best to go for the off-road fit rather than release two separate packs. But we will have another Platinum version within the next month.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #630
Tech Elite
 
LasagnaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hickory Hills, IL
Posts: 2,085
Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The problem is that when you add scallops, the overall height of the pack makes it impossible to fit in off road cars that do not have battery slots. Since the battery is not legal, we figured it best to go for the off-road fit rather than release two separate packs. But we will have another Platinum version within the next month.
Is the ANYthing in the pipeline that will drop right in a touring car (or any offroad) car that ONLY has battery cutouts? The current packs can be rigged to fit, but that's not always the best (or safest) way to go. We have some RDX's and ZX-5's (aftermarket chassis) that are screaming out for a lipo pack that fits correctly.

Related question... since any scalloped parts would be fitting down in the battery cutouts anyway when the pack is IN a car, how is that adding to the overall height of the pack? Offroad/tub chassis people could still buy the 'regular' flat bottomed pack that's already out. Orion sells various configurations and/or voltage levels of nimh packs, why is having two versions of the current 4800 lipo's out of the question?
__________________
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life...

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 05-08-2006 at 09:03 AM.
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ORION PLATINUM 4800 LIPO sedanracer8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 12-18-2007 08:09 PM
>>> Orion Platinum 4800 Lipo <<< rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 10-22-2007 09:55 AM
Is the Mamba Max 7700 to much for the Platinum 4800 Lipo _pilot_ Electric On-Road 2 10-10-2007 01:52 PM
Team Orion Platinum Lipo Pack danjoy25 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 05-10-2006 04:26 PM
FS Orion Platinum Lipo!!! Glowster21 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 04-05-2006 06:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net