Platinum Lipo

You're on Page 35 of 80
Go to
  • What you can do is make your wire leads, one with the end that will go into the pack, then Deans on the other end, make enough for all the packs you have, and spare, just in case... When you get to the track and you not in a rush, put the ends into your LiPo pack, then your set until it is time to leave, then remove the wire leads... you can not put Deans together wrong... and then Deans on the other end of the wire for speedo, this is how my setup is. But I currently only have one pack. I'm sure I will take some crap from the other club races, because they see LiPo's as pack that is faster then they have. Not because of the risk, (they view the risk as the same as any other batteries, this is good thing... Now just to get ROAR to make them approved).
  • i`m taking crap allready through jealousy i reckon
  • It would be nice if ROAR would make this legal, one option is just for Mod, for one year to see how it works out. I still think they should make the legal and get on with it.

I have always viewed MOD as a class that every thing is fair, including lovin and war, and MOD is war. The best of the best, tech nothing, but the car weight and size, let them run I say...
  • Quote: It would be nice if ROAR would make this legal, one option is just for Mod, for one year to see how it works out. I still think they should make the legal and get on with it.

I have always viewed MOD as a class that every thing is fair, including lovin and war, and MOD is war. The best of the best, tech nothing, but the car weight and size, let them run I say...
    The fact is that most tracks do not use full blow ROAR rules in the first place. The only place they apply is at some of the bigger national races.

Look at batteries. How many tracks actually turn away those using IB4200 and GP4300 packs? Most if not all the big non-sanctioned races allow them. So if tracks are going to ignore ROAR rules regarding batteries, it only makes sense that they should allow LiPos as well.

Either enforce the rules, or don't.
  • Quote: this is why i say only experience racers use these li-po`s

Adrian i can see he`s point though
    if you connect up the pack the wrong way the speedo up in smoke would be the least of he`s worry`s , the whole car will go
    you don`t get a second chance with these li-po`s , you do with c-cells odd spark then it slowly (compared to li-po) get`s fizzing, li-po`s will go `BANG` ,so much more power in them li-po`s
    When I first got mine, I was so careful with it, it was ridiculous. It was like a first time parent with their new child. Then a few weeks ago, in a moment of inattention, I did hook mine up backwards. I had the positive already hooked into the negative, then as I went to put the negative into the positive, I got a quick spark! I instantly pulled the plugs away, hooked them up correctly, and went on with life.

Needless to say, I'm back to "first time parent mode" permanently!

But I guess the battery will give you a 2nd chance. Well, at least if you catch it when you first hook it up wrong and before the power is turned on.
  • Quote: Look at batteries. How many tracks actually turn away those using IB4200 and GP4300 packs? Most if not all the big non-sanctioned races allow them. So if tracks are going to ignore ROAR rules regarding batteries, it only makes sense that they should allow LiPos as well.

THANK YOU!!!
  • Anyone knows which shop sells them the cheapest and that can send overseas?
  • Quote: Anyone knows which shop sells them the cheapest and that can send overseas?
    I'm not sure about overseas, but cheap... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXLXR6&P=K

Then enter the discount code to match the amount you spend... http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html
  • Quote: The fact is that most tracks do not use full blow ROAR rules in the first place. The only place they apply is at some of the bigger national races.

Look at batteries. How many tracks actually turn away those using IB4200 and GP4300 packs? Most if not all the big non-sanctioned races allow them. So if tracks are going to ignore ROAR rules regarding batteries, it only makes sense that they should allow LiPos as well.

I agree...
  • Quote: I'm not sure about overseas, but cheap... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXLXR6&P=K

Then enter the discount code to match the amount you spend... http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html
    Its says they can't post them via air.
  • Quote: Its says they can't post them via air.
    Where do you live?
  • Quote: The fact is that most tracks do not use full blow ROAR rules in the first place. The only place they apply is at some of the bigger national races.

we don`t have this thinking over here ,nearly all `MAIN` tracks won`t let you use them even when club racing
    most of it to do with `health & saftey` band wagon through the BRCA

only the small club`s will let you ,but that`s pushing it a bit ,lot`s of finger pointing & bitching over here if some one has some thing new
  • Hey danjoy, if you finally manage to make tower ship them overseas, let me know.... here in Spain they cost half of the kidney.... and as I want two, a whoooole one.....
  • Quote: Anyone knows which shop sells them the cheapest and that can send overseas?
    Stormer Hobbies
    http://stormerhobbies.com/
  • Quote: we don`t have this thinking over here ,nearly all `MAIN` tracks won`t let you use them even when club racing
    most of it to do with `health & saftey` band wagon through the BRCA

only the small club`s will let you ,but that`s pushing it a bit ,lot`s of finger pointing & bitching over here if some one has some thing new
    I love the fact that in Europe and Asia, the rules (in general) are pretty consistent all the way across the boars and that national rules are used at all levels.

We used to try to push that feeling here in the U.S., but most tracks do not want to take the time to do tech inspections or run a professional race program on the club level.