R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #511
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What you can do is make your wire leads, one with the end that will go into the pack, then Deans on the other end, make enough for all the packs you have, and spare, just in case... When you get to the track and you not in a rush, put the ends into your LiPo pack, then your set until it is time to leave, then remove the wire leads... you can not put Deans together wrong... and then Deans on the other end of the wire for speedo, this is how my setup is. But I currently only have one pack. I'm sure I will take some crap from the other club races, because they see LiPo's as pack that is faster then they have. Not because of the risk, (they view the risk as the same as any other batteries, this is good thing... Now just to get ROAR to make them approved).
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #512
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i`m taking crap allready through jealousy i reckon
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #513
Tech Elite

It would be nice if ROAR would make this legal, one option is just for Mod, for one year to see how it works out. I still think they should make the legal and get on with it.

I have always viewed MOD as a class that every thing is fair, including lovin and war, and MOD is war. The best of the best, tech nothing, but the car weight and size, let them run I say...
Old 04-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #514
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
It would be nice if ROAR would make this legal, one option is just for Mod, for one year to see how it works out. I still think they should make the legal and get on with it.

I have always viewed MOD as a class that every thing is fair, including lovin and war, and MOD is war. The best of the best, tech nothing, but the car weight and size, let them run I say...
The fact is that most tracks do not use full blow ROAR rules in the first place. The only place they apply is at some of the bigger national races.

Look at batteries. How many tracks actually turn away those using IB4200 and GP4300 packs? Most if not all the big non-sanctioned races allow them. So if tracks are going to ignore ROAR rules regarding batteries, it only makes sense that they should allow LiPos as well.

Either enforce the rules, or don't.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #515
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
this is why i say only experience racers use these li-po`s

Adrian i can see he`s point though
if you connect up the pack the wrong way the speedo up in smoke would be the least of he`s worry`s , the whole car will go
you don`t get a second chance with these li-po`s , you do with c-cells odd spark then it slowly (compared to li-po) get`s fizzing, li-po`s will go `BANG` ,so much more power in them li-po`s
When I first got mine, I was so careful with it, it was ridiculous. It was like a first time parent with their new child. Then a few weeks ago, in a moment of inattention, I did hook mine up backwards. I had the positive already hooked into the negative, then as I went to put the negative into the positive, I got a quick spark! I instantly pulled the plugs away, hooked them up correctly, and went on with life.

Needless to say, I'm back to "first time parent mode" permanently!

But I guess the battery will give you a 2nd chance. Well, at least if you catch it when you first hook it up wrong and before the power is turned on.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #516
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Look at batteries. How many tracks actually turn away those using IB4200 and GP4300 packs? Most if not all the big non-sanctioned races allow them. So if tracks are going to ignore ROAR rules regarding batteries, it only makes sense that they should allow LiPos as well.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:04 PM   #517
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone knows which shop sells them the cheapest and that can send overseas?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #518
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25
I'm not sure about overseas, but cheap... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXLXR6&P=K

Then enter the discount code to match the amount you spend... http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html
Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #519
Tech Elite

Quote:
The fact is that most tracks do not use full blow ROAR rules in the first place. The only place they apply is at some of the bigger national races.

I agree...
Old 04-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #520
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm not sure about overseas, but cheap... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXLXR6&P=K

Then enter the discount code to match the amount you spend... http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html
Its says they can't post them via air.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #521
Tech Elite

Quote:
Its says they can't post them via air.
Where do you live?
Old 04-20-2006, 12:48 AM   #522
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:

we don`t have this thinking over here ,nearly all `MAIN` tracks won`t let you use them even when club racing
most of it to do with `health & saftey` band wagon through the BRCA

only the small club`s will let you ,but that`s pushing it a bit ,lot`s of finger pointing & bitching over here if some one has some thing new
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:12 AM   #523
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal

Hey danjoy, if you finally manage to make tower ship them overseas, let me know.... here in Spain they cost half of the kidney.... and as I want two, a whoooole one.....
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:37 AM   #524
Tech Addict

Quote:
Stormer Hobbies
http://stormerhobbies.com/
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #525
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
we don`t have this thinking over here ,nearly all `MAIN` tracks won`t let you use them even when club racing
most of it to do with `health & saftey` band wagon through the BRCA

only the small club`s will let you ,but that`s pushing it a bit ,lot`s of finger pointing & bitching over here if some one has some thing new
I love the fact that in Europe and Asia, the rules (in general) are pretty consistent all the way across the boars and that national rules are used at all levels.

We used to try to push that feeling here in the U.S., but most tracks do not want to take the time to do tech inspections or run a professional race program on the club level.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote