Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Jaco Plaid/Purples or Parma Plaid/Purples >

Jaco Plaid/Purples or Parma Plaid/Purples

Jaco Plaid/Purples or Parma Plaid/Purples

Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Jaco Plaid/Purples or Parma Plaid/Purples

Hey, does anyone notice a different in Jaco Plaid/Purples or Parma Plaid/Purples? is there any big difference? does one chunk less more then the other? give me some input
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

A bunch of the local guys said that the Jacos were faster. I tried them and didn't see a difference. They don't chunk any more/less than the Parmas and (around here) they are $2 cheaper. I do like the new two-stage tires, though. Much smoother and the car definitely turns faster lap times.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

I am not sure on the performasnce difference as I have never run Parma but Jaco's wheels have a larger inside diameter so they fit some cars better. Jaco tires are also about 1.5mm wider. I have heard the rim on Jaco's is stronger as well.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koabich
I am not sure on the performasnce difference as I have never run Parma but Jaco's wheels have a larger inside diameter so they fit some cars better. Jaco tires are also about 1.5mm wider. I have heard the rim on Jaco's is stronger as well.

Parma tires in general are thought of as having more steering. Both in the Cyan/Magenta and Plaid/purple. This is partially due to rim stiffness and width of the orange strip on the combo fronts and of course they use foam from different suppliers.

A tip that applies to btoh or all brands of foam tires that I have learned is I dont really runs tires bigger than I want and let them wear down. If 2.25 is the optimal size I want-then I cut to 2.27.

My reasoning is that by running any foam tire from 2.35 down to 2.25, after so many applications of tire sauce and constant side loading (and hitting boards) all tires will start to peel away the edge or wear away the orange strip by the time you get to your optimal size. I have found (Jack Rimer told me this years ago) that a foam tire wears a lot when its out of its optimal size for your car. Think of it as a sweet spot. SO lets say its 2.25 again, tires may wear a lot from 2.35 to 2.27, but then wear seems to slow from 2.26 to 2.22 and then they wear out quick again from 2.22 to 2.10......... I run foams 12 months a yer and i am convinced this is true. I now cut my brand new tires down to 2.20!!!!