R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Glitching with GTB (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/94667-glitching-gtb.html)

Drewdc90 12-22-2005 01:22 AM

Glitching with GTB

Hi
I've been having some glitching problems latley with my GTB 5.5 and my JR XS3. The car seems to glitch at about 15 metres away, the throttle delays and the steering twitches when the throttle is pushed. I tried a different reciever, a different speedy, the GTB in brushed mode and unplugged the servo. The car still glitched with all of them changes accept a different speedy (LRP QC2). I pulled all of the electronics out of the car and wired them together on my table and it would still glitch. The glitching wasn't as bad when the reciever was moved further away from the speedy and motor. It seems that both my recievers were picking up interfearance from my GTB. What sort of things could be done to stop the interfearance from my speedy other than move my reciever further away.
Thanks, Drew.

dontfeelcold 12-22-2005 01:41 AM

Try a different brand of radio. (borrow a friends one)

ooliganRC 12-22-2005 03:52 AM

probably not the radio....

if your using abrushed motor check the motor out....

brushes, comm all the usual stuff....

azmio 12-22-2005 04:52 AM

Drew

I wrote in here before, there are only two solutions so far; 1) to replace your conventional radio with Spektrum 2) not to use Novak Brushless

I love Novak brushless so much that I was willing enough to buy 1 Spektrum set with 2 more receivers. I am now a happy man with 3 brushless powered cars with no more glitch to worry about.

Charlie 12-22-2005 09:08 AM

Hi Guys,

I can't say I've specifically used the radio in question here, but I've used a number of different "levels" of radios with the GTB systems, and they all seem to work fine. Granted some need a little more help then others, but for the most part, a clean install will work just fine.

If you've got some time, shoot me an email and I'll give a few things to run down and try. One of them is trying a different radio system just to make sure.

Thanks
[email protected]

Drewdc90 12-22-2005 02:01 PM

I've already tried a different radio (Futaba 2PL am 29mhz) and I only ever run a brushless. I know that the spektrum would probably be a solution but I just saved up enough money to buy an Xray T2 and I didn't really wan't to have to buy a spektrum. Would there be anything else I could try?
Thanks, Drew.

azmio 12-27-2005 01:45 AM

in the past, I have runned my MR4TC SD with brushless with very mild glitching near these two "haunted" lamp posts in Kelang track. At the same time, I also runned my HPI 10G pan car with Novak brushless and the car made a full left turn everytime it went near these two lamp posts.

I have tried anything that I could including all the tips and tricks from RC car magazines, nothing worked so far that I decided to simply replace the Novak brushless with the regular ESC+conventional motor. Problem solved!

Once the Spektrum was launched into the market, I installed it to my pan car along with my novak brushless, problem solved!!! I am now a happy man running my SD, RC12L4 and the 10g with Spektrum. All the money that I spent for Spektrum module and 3 receivers worth every penny that I spent.

My recommendation is; upgrade your radio to Spektrum system. Ignore the rumors about lag and slow response cause unless you're Masami running his 1/12 car, you wont ever notice any lag at all.

Andreas_Myrberg 12-27-2005 04:23 AM

Hi there,

I had similar problems like you however it wasn't the speedo it self.
Did you change anything else on the lay out with the electronics? Cause the GTB is bigger then an average brush speedo there will be less air between the reciever and the speedo.
I use the Futaba s9550 servo on my T2 and I moved my reciever and put in on the left side of the car beside the servo. Havn't had interference since. I know Joel my brother did the same and it disappered. That said who knows what will happend next time out :confused:
Regards
Andreas Myrberg

Bryan Thng 12-27-2005 05:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I experienced some glitching using the GTB on my B4 when I had some of the motor & batt wires running over the power cap. Then after I just bunched it as shown in the pictures and have no trouble since, running it on my B4 and Xray FK05. Hope this helps. :)