Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy Zero to Thirty discharge tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Integy Zero to Thirty discharge tray

Can anyone tell me if the Integy Zero to Thirty discharge tray is a good system to use. Is discharging NiMH cell to zero bad? Should I stick to discharging pack to .9 per cell on Smart Tray?

Thanks for any info and help
Old 12-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

The zer0-30 is very good because it discharges each cell individually at a high rate (30 amps), when the lights go out the cell is a little over 0.9v... for 3800s, I then take them off at that point and put them on my Smart tray to equalize down to whatever (0.4 in my case). If you have 3300s and want them to go down to 0.0v then just leave the cells on the 0-30 untill they cool down.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just bought one myself with the plan to use this to discharge my pack at 30amps after racing. I heard once the lights go off the pack is down to .9v but I will still use my Novak Smart Tray to equalize my cells to .9v right before charging.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

The 0-30 starts discharging at around 36 amps (when the batteries are at 1.2v)

IT IS NOT TRUE THAT THE LIGHTS GO OUT AT 0.9V... just measure it.

The 0-30 uses a 0.033 ohm resistor to discharge, so just take the cell voltage divided by 0.033 and that will give yu the actual discharge current.

As the voltage goes down so does the current.

At
1.2v = 36.4A
1.1v = 33.3A
1.0v = 30.3A
0.9v = 27.3A
0.8v = 24.2A
0.7v = 21.2A
0.6v = 18.2A
0.3v = 9A
0.1v = 3A

......and so on

Hope this helps

Isaac
Old 12-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Issac,

To find out what the voltage is when the lights go out would I take the pack voltage at lights out and divide it by four?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Or just take the voltage at one cell. : )
Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hyper1
Issac,

To find out what the voltage is when the lights go out would I take the pack voltage at lights out and divide it by four?
Just measure the voltage acroos a cell... like andrewdoherty said.

However, I will pass the info:

At 0.9 Volts the lights just start to dim.
At 0.5 Volts you notice that the light is going off
At 0.4 Volts the lights go off.

As you can see, it is not even CLOSE to the 0.9 volts that people claim.

It is almost impossible to take the batteries off the tray at 0.9 volts/cell because once the cells get past the 1.05 voltage (going down) the discharge rate is very fast. dv/dt

There is a solution to get the 0-30 trays to cutoff at 0.85 volts and we have the conversion kits.

For info contact us at [email protected]

Hyper1, as you know we are coming out with ourdischarge trays in Q1-06. Hopefully we will start shipping in February.

We have tested almost EVERY tray and discharger in the market, so the numbers I am giving here are CORRECT.

Isaac

Last edited by BATT_MAN; 12-21-2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

The conversion kit sounds very interesting, how much is it and how (without revealing any trade secrets) can you assure that it is cutting off at .85v?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Jamescam - NO TRADE SECRETS...

This is something very easy to do.

We are adding a voltage detection circuit to each battery so that it will cuttoff at 0.85V. We are relying on the FORWARD BIAS of the semiconductor I selected. The only thing is tha tthis will POLARIZE the discharger. The neat thing is that if you put the batteries backwards, the lights will not go on, thus you know its not discharging...and we are including a (+) and (-) sticker for the discharger.

We went about this the easiest possible way. Installation will be simple. You just cut the resistors as per instructions, solder them to the each PC BOARD (6 included) and solder the wires from the PC BOARD to the battery clamp connector.

A manual with pictures will be included.

If you take a freshly charged pack, it will take around 440 seconds for an IB3800 to discharge to 0.85. Packs that come from the track take anywhere from seconds to 4 minutes.

I will be releasing the kit by January (although we already converted over 30 dischargers).

The selling price will be around $26 and it goes INSIDE the dischargeer.
THE SELLING PRICE WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK.

I jumped the gun and announced it when I saw the thread... However, it has been tested and working for over 2 months.

We have many customers who own the 0-30 and we do not want them to loose their money or ruin the batteries, so I decided to design the upgrade kit to help them and all others too.

Like all our products, this will include a warranty.

If youk know a bit about electronics, and you know how to solder semiconductors you can install it yourself. Otherwise, we can do it for $15 + shipping. Turnaround is 24 hours.

In reality, I might end up charging much less for the kit with installation. I would like to keep it as affordable as possible. I am not doing this to get rich, just as an add on product for our clients. If enough people order it, I will work with them on the price. I just want to help all of you make a better discharger and avoid damaging cells.

By using this conversion kit you convert the 0-30 into a GREAT discharger.

I will post pictures of the conversion kit as soon as the PC BOARDS are finished (delivered to us from our manufacturer) and the installation instructions are written.

The conversion kit will be ready for sale and will ship on Jan 15th +/-.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Isaac

Last edited by BATT_MAN; 12-21-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Issac,those #'s are really what I was after I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.Thanks for the reminder on the trays,look foward to trying one.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info now hurry up and get your products out
Old 12-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Isaac,
I'd be interested in a kit. There has been times that I totally forgot about a pack when i'm at the track. I try to remove when the lights start to dim and this is one reason I don't use it much at the track...too much going on wrenching on stuff.

Is there a reason you are cutting off at .85v rather and .9? Will the lights go out once it hits .85v?

Would you happen to have a kit ready to ship now? Please e-mail me when you have one ready. [email protected]
Old 12-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ridgewaybodies
Isaac,
I'd be interested in a kit. There has been times that I totally forgot about a pack when i'm at the track. I try to remove when the lights start to dim and this is one reason I don't use it much at the track...too much going on wrenching on stuff.

Is there a reason you are cutting off at .85v rather and .9? Will the lights go out once it hits .85v?

Would you happen to have a kit ready to ship now? Please e-mail me when you have one ready. [email protected]
ridgewaybodies- Regarding the lights, YES they will go out once the cutoff voltage is reached.

Why did I select 0.85 v 0.9 ... well LOTS OF REASERCH... I do not do what others say just BECAUSE.

I have been designing, testing, and developing cells and testing equipment for years. This comes from experience and lots of DATA to back this up.
Second, since each cell is being discharged INDIVIDUALLY in the 0-30, there is no danger of reverse voltage. That is one of the theories why cells should be discharged only to 0.9 volts/cell. But that only works when you are discharging as a PACK. When the batteries are being discharged in SERIES. Tho 0.9 is just a factor of safety. No other real reason. The 0-30 dfischarges in parallel (each cell individually)

If you are interested in more information, I wil lbe glad to help, but I WILL NOT POST that on the FORUM. It will only create chaos. I have seen how other industry representatives and racers respond...so I will just let them continue with their ways...

Right or wrong, I will stay out of it.

Well, I hope this helps.

Regarding the conversion kit, it will be ready to ship by mid or the end of January. I just need to get all the parts in from our electronic distributors, and thereafter assemble the boards that will have the compnents.

What we are doing with this conversion kit is allowing alll the 0-30 owners to take full advantage of their discharger and tryingto avoid as much as possible cell damage. The circuit works and its very simple. It will keep discharging the batteries untill they reach the 0.85 volt threshold and then the cycle is over.

Isaac
Old 12-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

dirtydog3375 - YG PM

Isaac
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BATT_MAN
dirtydog3375 - YG PM

Isaac
Thanks, much appreciated.
Leonard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.