R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing
Default Our RS4!!!

I just finished up the page on our site devoted to our new RS4. It's the first touring car on our site. As some of you know, we race on-road oval with many abstract vehicles designed for off-road use. Although we have touring cars in our shop, this is the first one we've put on the site. The pictures don't do it justice, but hopefully soon we can take some better shots of the chassis with all the electronics included.

www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/RS4.html

I used to race my TC3 before my diffs burnt out (Still haven't fixed them) but I still wanted to know if there is anything special about this car that we haven't figured out yet. The car belongs to my teammate, so I was hoping someone here could give me some insider information about the secrets of balancing this car out, and getting it around a circle really quick. We also have 2 sets of custom drifting tires, but the oval track is where we want to test this cars real potential.

Anyone have any suggestions for upgrades or tuning tips? Anything you guys have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

WOW!! That's the origonal RS4 with the gears to the rear diff (like a 2wd off-road buggy) instead of a belt. That was the first Touring car I ever owned or built way back in '96. It does look like someone has changed the motor mount and upgraded the chassis the shocks also look to have been changed.

It's a nice ride I hope you and your buddy have some real fun with it. As far as tips all I can say is that it's a touring car so TIRES, TIRES, TIRES and then try some more TIRES

Roly
Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

are you 100% sure that's an RS4? It looks to me like a Kyosho TF-2.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yup...Kyosho it is
SchuMi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
Tech Master

Well well well! That's a new one! I've had people tell me it was a Schumacher Cat (Which I know to be a 4WD buggy) and a Yokomo YZ-10 (Which is also a buggy), but the Kyosho TF-2 is certainly a new one. The guy we bought it off of told us it was an HPI RS4. Looks like I'm going to have to fix some mistakes!

Any other opinions?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's a Kyosho TF-2, trust us.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
Tech Master

Well it looks like I have a job for tomorrow! I will change all the labels, links, headers and descriptions tomorrow afternnoon and get everything working right again. The person (Here on RCTech) told us when we bought it that it was an original RS4. I wonder how he could have gotten that confused. Then again, several hobby shops did get it confused with old 4WD buggies, so I guess anything can happen. At least the original seller got the 2 cars mixed up within the same class of vehicle!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
Tech Master

Well guys, since we have been getting questions about the electronics that we are using in this car, I decided to take some more shots with the electronics installed. Everything fits in nice and snug, and critical parts are far enough away from each other too keep interference to a minimum. Check it out! www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/RS4.html.