Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree62Likes

Yokomo YRX12

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm looking at picking up my first 1/12 and I am strongly leaning towards the YRX 12, what are some good parts to have that brake the most, what tuning options/hop ups should I buy for the car. Anything I should know about the car before I purchase. Also I will be running the car on mainly two tracks both polar opposite of each other. One is indoor asphalt, maybe medium grip or so, not super high and then black carpet that is super high grip, what are things I would need to do for that track? Thanks Guys
Old 11-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
I'm looking at picking up my first 1/12 and I am strongly leaning towards the YRX 12, what are some good parts to have that brake the most, what tuning options/hop ups should I buy for the car. Anything I should know about the car before I purchase. Also I will be running the car on mainly two tracks both polar opposite of each other. One is indoor asphalt, maybe medium grip or so, not super high and then black carpet that is super high grip, what are things I would need to do for that track? Thanks Guys
Alum chassis for carpet:
RSD Yokomo YRX12 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis and Lower Pod Plate

Titanium screws, all of the springs (front, tweak and center), upper arms and front axles.

Xpert MI3301 servo

This is what I have for my YRX12.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TOADYY
Alum chassis for carpet:
RSD Yokomo YRX12 7075-T6 Aluminum Chassis and Lower Pod Plate

Titanium screws, all of the springs (front, tweak and center), upper arms and front axles.

Xpert MI3301 servo

This is what I have for my YRX12.
I would also stock some front and rear bearings, as they may break if you hit the wrong way. Some o-rings and bladders for the center shock can also be handy. A set of kingpin shims as the kingpins are a particular size (2.5 mm if my memory serves me well)

Martin Paradis
Old 11-06-2017, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I appreciate the feedback guys. I will look into what you guys suggested. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

best thing to do is talk to 1/12th racers, at both tracks you will be racing at. trying to do one car for asphalt and carpet is going to be rough to the point you may need two cars. chassis switching, differences in set-up, springs front/center, shock/tube lube, tires and sizes, carpet track inline battery maybe, asphalt transverse battery, having to remove and relocate electrics, alot of work
Old 01-06-2018, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

Hi I have built up the yrx-12 does anyone know what the Kit wheel base is my measurements come out a 200mm is this correct? it just to make sure the body get cuts correctly.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TheRcworld101
I would suggest seeing what others at your local track are running before you jump into a car. Parts and on track support from fellow competitors are key things to consider.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Has the design of the lower front wishbone pin being redesigned?

Part R12-12L

As one of the 2.0mm e-clips came off when it went under the carpet gap. Body too low I wasn't driving.

Not sure why they are using a 2mm e-clip on a Ø2.5 +0 -0.05MM diameter shaft this is not good engineering practice. I suspect the groove is pinching the e-clip and pushing it off the shaft. If designer used a 2.5 e-clip I suspect it would be less likely to pop the e-clip off with the correct sized groove.
I Would prefer to see them use external circlips for shafts this small as they are more secure solution to e-clips in thrust loading.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
Has the design of the lower front wishbone pin being redesigned?

Part R12-12L

As one of the 2.0mm e-clips came off when it went under the carpet gap. Body too low I wasn't driving.

Not sure why they are using a 2mm e-clip on a Ø2.5 +0 -0.05MM diameter shaft this is not good engineering practice. I suspect the groove is pinching the e-clip and pushing it off the shaft. If designer used a 2.5 e-clip I suspect it would be less likely to pop the e-clip off with the correct sized groove.
I Would prefer to see them use external circlips for shafts this small as they are more secure solution to e-clips in thrust loading.
This is what I use for the hinge pin with some thin nuts and loctie:
AR330143 ARRMA Heavy-Duty Hinge Pin Set 2.5x36mm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ARRMA-H...53.m1438.l2649
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

these guys make alot of YRX12 stuff to the point that the car becomes almost a 12R5 or X12

Red RC ? RC Car News » Team Bomber YRX-12 chassis conversion kit
Old 01-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love Team Bomber. Just be aware that the chassis wheelbase is 2mm longer than stock. You can run kit frontend on their chassis. To use AE/Xenon frontend, you need to purchase the adapter front bulkheads.
RAL likes this.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so few of the Japanese sites are internet shopping friendly for outside countries and hard to know what i'm really doing. even using a translator only portions translate, i'm not sure what is going on after several pages or even know what would happen on a order from US. Team bomber, Kawada, kimihiko-yano, etc. but sure they go thru the same thing if they hit some US sites for stuff

i found a few team bomber bodies to try on stormer hobbies sold under schumacher brand

team CRC Japan CK25 is longer also than US version
Old 01-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Kimihiko Yano us a great guy to deal with. Email him what you want, he works out shipping, you pay and it arrives not long after. Beat1 Racing also are veey good at getting Japanese goods sent out to us foreigners.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I order direct from TeamBomber on FB. Just use the translator and everything is fine.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Does everyone use thread lock on the screws I had the axel come of due the m2.5 x 4 long screw coming lose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.