R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
tornado

Default SPEKTRUM HELP !!

Hi !!

hope someone here could help me. My spektrum lately having a mind of its own. Playing pan car 4 cells. Out of the blues my car will make a right turn and it always have to happen when I'm running a full speed down the straight !!. I'm also using a seperate receiver pack. Any ideas ??

After the crash, the whole electronics fail to respond. I need to switch off and on again to regain control.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
Tech Master

Well...... not sure which system you have. There was problems with Futaba and such. I have heard a bit about "glitching" with them as well. I would contact Horizon regarding it for support.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
Tech Adept

What speed control are you using??
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've seen this happen with receiver packs and without and each time this was solved by using a capacitor plugged into a spare slot in the tranceiver. when the spektrum system senses low power it will do what some call a "glitch". Spektrum has a capacitor or you can put a plug on a 4700mf esc capacitor and try it. Are the receiver packs batteries strong?

Good Luck and I too would reccomend you contact horizon or maybe go to the spektrum website for more detail.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:40 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

depending on how old your spektrum is they are replacing some of the older units.. even if you just bought it the shop could have old stock.. they had some problems with recievers, and some with the modules.. it isnt futaba specific its the sytem.. i race 4 cell oval.. the reason it sudenly turns is it goes into a safe mode because it loses signal.. My buddy had Sonny Brown from horizon swap out his sytem.. I would call horizon and ask for him.. He has been doing alot of testing t find out the actual causes of this..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:36 AM   #6
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

The older models had a faulty positioning of the antenna wire. They would sometimes come loose causing a bad connection, obviously. This has been straightened out with the newer Spektrum.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can any tell me if the Spektrum controller has expo on the steering and or throttle similar to my JR XS3?? I want to update but don't want to go backwards with the controller. Otherwise I'll have to buy a 3PK and the module/ receiver. Any suggestions which way to go ??

Sunshine Coast QLD AUSTRALIA

"If you stand still long enough you'll go backwards"
Drewdc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #8
Tech Master

i had this problem.
first time i used it in my 1/10th car mod it glitched to the right and wouldnt go back to neutral after turning.car seemed to fast of responce and was very twitchy on steering.this was indoor carpet and high traction and now i have reverted to the normal radio system.
i yet have to test it outdoors and will wait till the wether bucks up.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdc90
Can any tell me if the Spektrum controller has expo on the steering and or throttle similar to my JR XS3?? I want to update but don't want to go backwards with the controller. Otherwise I'll have to buy a 3PK and the module/ receiver. Any suggestions which way to go ??

The Spektrum TX has EXPO.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I believe that radio is the older non synthesized version of the radio you have, other than that the features are the same. So it wouldn't be a step down feature-wise.

Rod
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Upgrade to the 3pK or M8 or Helios!

The XS3 is well above the DX3 (spektrum controller). I've used both and the XS3 is much better. So don't get the DX3 if you're wanting to upgrade.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:18 PM   #12
Tech Master

I'm not sure why we want all these functions we don't use. I use EPA and sometimes ARC to smooth out the throttle, and Subtrim and that's about it. You can get the DSX with those features far cheaper than the other radio's plus DSM.

I don't really care for the ergonomics of the DSX though. Always grab and feel before you buy.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
Tech Elite

The M8 is much easier to make changes, and visual what changes you've made. Also, more precise expo changes. Servo speed can be adjusted. On the fly dual rate adjustments. More model memory. Smaller recievers. Less glitching.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #14
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
Always grab and feel before you buy.
Is true in RC racing and at the Bunny Ranch.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote