Team Associated F1 >

Team Associated F1

Like Tree331Likes

Team Associated F1

Old 02-27-2019, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Okay, I like the sounds my keyboard makes when I type, so I'll try to keep it short.

Bought and built my F6 a while ago, and finally got a chance to run it. I am pretty sure I built to kit set up but will check that to be sure. I bought a couple different side springs but didnt start changing them as I really have no idea how to set up a pan car. Running Gravity RC tires with no prep work. This thing is CONSTANTLY trying to swap ends. I cannot keep the rear end behind the car in corners. I have played with dual rates, servo speed and travel. After getting home I did think about the amount of oil on the side tubes. I also have all the parts to set it up for a vertical servo.

My 12R6 handles amazing, but I attribute that to foam tires.

Where do I start with gaining a little more side bite in the rear.
The Gravity tires are best suited for hot weather outdoors.
I assume you are running carpet there in NJ? Find some carpet setups for the Xray and mimic those setups using Shimizu/CRC type tires.
jneezie3000 and aracefan like this.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Okay, I like the sounds my keyboard makes when I type, so I'll try to keep it short.

Bought and built my F6 a while ago, and finally got a chance to run it. I am pretty sure I built to kit set up but will check that to be sure. I bought a couple different side springs but didnt start changing them as I really have no idea how to set up a pan car. Running Gravity RC tires with no prep work. This thing is CONSTANTLY trying to swap ends. I cannot keep the rear end behind the car in corners. I have played with dual rates, servo speed and travel. After getting home I did think about the amount of oil on the side tubes. I also have all the parts to set it up for a vertical servo.

May I suggest you post your exact current setup and surface you are running on. My other suggestion is to check your rear droop. Too much droop will throw the weight forward off power like going into a turn. The weight will be removed off the back wheels and make the rear end loose.

Last edited by astgerma52sp; 02-28-2019 at 04:54 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-28-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

(If you're on carpet)
First thing to do, take the Gravity RC tires off, try the CRC tires, could never get the Gravity RC tires to work on black or gray carpet. Then, make your suspension as soft as possible, front/side springs. Maybe try and get some tips from a local - most people will help you out, even just to have more people to race with.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I agree, definitely switch to crc rubber. I would also try moving the rear axle farther back, softer side springs, since I believe kit is the stiffest, and maybe thinner side tube oil.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by donatelli
Got a question with my F6 and would like to ask for opinions. I'm running on CRC Black carpet, quite a small indoor track, F6 is equipped with a DIY rear spool. Yet I find the car understeer so much! Should it be right? I thought the rear spool would make the rear of the car swinging faster during corner entry. Am I right?
The thing with a spool is it locks the rear end (obviously), which means it will make the car push off power. The best way to get the car rotating is to stay on the power through the corner. If you're looking for more rotation, you can try playing with the side link shims, as in angling them.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp

May I suggest you post your exact current setup and surface you are running on. My other suggestion is to check your rear droop. Too much droop will throw the weight forward off power like going into a turn. The weight will be removed off the back wheels and make the rear end loose.
reducing rear droop aint going to do anything positive. Try running your car with no body on, you will easily see the centre spring compresses under braking...
Old 03-05-2019, 04:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Was successful in gluing sidewalls. And could see the difference. Unfortunately a few hits and the upper pivot ball was knocked out. Will be fixed and ready to try again Saturday
VoltageDrop likes this.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Is anyone driving the HW Xerun XR10 60A in his F1? Breakes good?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by man1ac
Is anyone driving the HW Xerun XR10 60A in his F1? Breakes good?
I’ll try to remember to confirm it. But think that’s what I switched to.

Whst esc are you using? Most have adjustment for brake settings. I switched from the Reedy Blackbox because it didn’t have any adjustment
Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have the 160A and the 80A but need the 80A in a different car so my F1 needs a solid replacement...
Old 03-08-2019, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Was successful in gluing sidewalls. And could see the difference. Unfortunately a few hits and the upper pivot ball was knocked out. Will be fixed and ready to try again Saturday
i had that pop out problem too, i replaced them with new ones but then lightly glued them to the arms, haven't had a pop out since
Old 03-08-2019, 05:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by sonic31
i had that pop out problem too, i replaced them with new ones but then lightly glued them to the arms, haven't had a pop out since
I was wondering about gluing. I did this before. First year I ran F1. Not big deal, just cut my running with it for that day. Parts should be here today.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been running it for quite some time, and the brakes have been good across the MC2 25.5, R1 25.5, Speedzone 25.5, and CAN-AM Scorpion motor.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Didnt know you had a Formula car Billy. Thats cool!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by VoltageDrop
Didnt know you had a Formula car Billy. Thats cool!

Both are Associated. The one has the JConcepts prototype body.
Megatron328 and VoltageDrop like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.