Search
Like Tree331Likes

Team Associated F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 01:26 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sonic31

that stand off i used is from an Emax nighthawk drone, on ebay they sell a hardware set for that which includes those standoffs.
i used a 8 or 10mm long set screw on the servo mount part with a 1mm wide spacer + a 2mm alum. spacer.
everything else is kit std.
What is the benefit of the long damper setup?
And is the servo mount fixed to the main chassis in the rear or floating?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

that stand off i used is from an Emax nighthawk drone, on ebay they sell a hardware set for that which includes those standoffs.i used a 8 or 10mm long set screw on the servo mount part with a 1mm wide spacer + a 2mm alum. spacer.
everything else is kit std.
What about that long black tube?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by J Lee
What about that long black tube?
emax nighthawk drone frame standoff with black heat shrink tubing over it to hide the colour.
Tandum4056 likes this.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jpx

What is the benefit of the long damper setup?
And is the servo mount fixed to the main chassis in the rear or floating?
The benefit of the long shock is usually better rear traction, it's helpful on asphalt and really low grip carpet.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:10 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Megatron328
The benefit of the long shock is usually better rear traction, it's helpful on asphalt and really low grip carpet.
So the better rear traction using the long shock setup is acchieved by more chassis flex?

And will the rear servo mount be fixed to the main chassis or not when using the long shock configuration?
Old 10-13-2018, 06:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jpx

So the better rear traction using the long shock setup is acchieved by more chassis flex?

And will the rear servo mount be fixed to the main chassis or not when using the long shock configuration?
Among some other things I'm a little fuzzy on, yes. And you could try either way, mounted to the chassis or floating, it just depends on what you like and what surface you're racing on. It's still a flex adjustment.
jpx likes this.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a question for the users of the car.

What is the outer diameter of the lower suspension arm pivot ball???

Either in inch or metric but I need the precise measurement.

Thanx in advance!!
Old 10-22-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

new to f1 my car pulls to the left hard on power. runing on black carpet.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SGrubb
new to f1 my car pulls to the left hard on power. runing on black carpet.
If it is going "straight" while going slow, like checking to make sure it goes straight, and only goes left under full throttle situations, check;
  1. Tweak in the car.
  2. Bearings
  3. Weight distribution - this shouldn't matter too much under hard acceleration unless it's a lot...
  4. Check your front kingpin springs, make sure they aren't very old - those little springs give up after some runs (especially after kissing the barriers).
Put the car on a setup station if you can, not imperative but it helps. If you have good calipers you can measure steering left to right to check it. Also, if you can't find it in the 3 listed, throw on a different set of tires and see if that makes a difference, because if you are running CRC premount tires the fronts can sometimes be horribly out of balance...
Old 10-22-2018, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

So basically all i did was drill out the holes on the suspension arms, again i used a 19/64 drill bit.
the red circled areas are where i used the drill bit, hope that this is helpful, thanks.
Could anyone supply a part number/name for the circled parts, such that they could be bought seperately? Looking for the ball and cup that inserts into the carbon suspension arm. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Suspension Arm pivot ball bushing; Part# 4754

Suspension Arm pivot ball; Part# 4755
sonic31 and ptrhahn like this.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

After 2 summers decided to make a esc change.
aracefan likes this.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ptrhahn
Could anyone supply a part number/name for the circled parts, such that they could be bought seperately? Looking for the ball and cup that inserts into the carbon suspension arm. Thanks!
aracefan already directly answered your question, but the part numbers are quite clearly labeled in the manual.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by ptrhahn
the part numbers for those circled parts are in the manual
Old 10-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aracefan
If it is going "straight" while going slow, like checking to make sure it goes straight, and only goes left under full throttle situations, check;
  1. Tweak in the car.
  2. Bearings
  3. Weight distribution - this shouldn't matter too much under hard acceleration unless it's a lot...
  4. Check your front kingpin springs, make sure they aren't very old - those little springs give up after some runs (especially after kissing the barriers).
Put the car on a setup station if you can, not imperative but it helps. If you have good calipers you can measure steering left to right to check it. Also, if you can't find it in the 3 listed, throw on a different set of tires and see if that makes a difference, because if you are running CRC premount tires the fronts can sometimes be horribly out of balance...
thank you for your help. i found the two screw came out of the back of the car. i will put the tires on the balancer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.